• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 8, 2014] Super Vs. Battle 2014 (London, England)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The Event page for the Highly anticipated 2-day London tournament has been made!

This is the very last coin-eligible tournament of this season, so be sure to come along and secure your spot in the Pro bracket at Heir to the Throne.

We've also had a LOT of outside interest from european smashers, we don't want to forfeit our prize money back over the border, and you KNOW they'll be trying their best, so make sure to come and secure it for yourself!

---------------IMPORTANT INFO---------------

~~~~ADDRESS~~~~~

The Byron Hall, Harrow Leisure Centre,
Christchurch Avenue,
Harrow
Middlesex
HA3 5BD

The nearest tube station is 'Harrow & Wheadstone' on the Bakerloo and London Overground lines
(tube map: https://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/standard-tube-map.pdf)

~~~~~SCHEDULE~~~~~

Venue opens at 12:00 and closes at 23:00 friday, saturday and sunday

FRIDAY:
Social/Hype/Arrival day. No tournament events are going on this day. but setups will be around and money matches will happen

SATURDAY:
12:00 - Sign-ups start
13:30 - Sign-ups end. if you aren't here before this time, you won't be able to enter
14:00 - Pools for singles and Bracket for Doubles starts. Singles play will continue until we are left with the top 16, Doubles will continue until we are left with the top 8.

SUNDAY:
12:00 - Warmups/arrival for all players still competing
13:00 - Singles brackets start and Doubles will restart. Play untill completion.

~~~~~Entry Fee~~~~~

Venue: £10 per day
Overnight stay (available at the HoG): £10
Brawl: £5
Melee: £5
ProjectM: £5
Doubles: £5 per team

~~~~~Stream~~~~~

http://www.twitch.tv/supersmashbrosuk

---------------RULES---------------

~~~~~Brawl Rules~~~~~

General:
-3 Stocks
-8 Minutes
-Items: OFF and NONE
-Team Attack ON
-Ledge grab limit(LGL): 35
-Double MK banned in doubles

~Neutral Stages~
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
~Counterpick Stages~
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium

~~~~~Melee Rules~~~~~

General:
4 Stocks
Items Off
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON

~Neutral Stages~
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
~Counterpick Stages~
Pokemon Stadium

~~~~~Project:M Rules~~~~~

General:
4 Stocks
Items Off
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON

~Neutral Stages~
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of dreams
~Counterpick Stages~
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Green Hill Zone
Dracula's Castle
Distant Planet

---------------OTHER INFO---------------

Setups:
We Need people to bring setups in order for the tournament to run smoothly! Any and all setups are appreciated no matter what game its for, Project:M gets priority on NTSC-TV's

Accommodation:
Housing is provided by the venue for £10 per night at the Heart of Gaming. if you plan on staying the whole extended weekend, you can stay at the HoG thursday night untill monday morning for £30
Alternatively, You can sort out a place to stay with fellow smash players by asking them personally.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You have to pay to enter the venue, even if you aren't competing I'm afraid. But friendlies are free, naturally. However i should imagine for a good period of saturday, there will be no friendly setups

iiZESB

Smash Rookie
NNID
iiZESB
3DS FC
5086-1588-6152
Can I still sign up to this event? How many people are going?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Can I still sign up to this event? How many people are going?
Yeah, you can still sign up. Please go and pre-register for it, the pre-registration forms are on the facebook event page thats linked up there.

As for people going, It's difficult to tell before the tournament itself, But I expect to have at least 100 people

Denzo

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrDenzo
Yeah, you can still sign up. Please go and pre-register for it, the pre-registration forms are on the facebook event page thats linked up there.
Maybe it's just me but I can't seem to see the Facebook link to pre-register.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well, here it is anyway
https://www.facebook.com/events/1503842453185027/

IMPORTANT: VENUE CHANGE

Due to the people in charge of the tournament (Im just running smash, there are others in charge of the whole thing) having some trouble with our original venue, we have changed to the Heart of Gaming arcade. please PLEASE check the facebook page for details on this. I found out about this change merely today. so sorry about the uber short notice...

OjJaz

Smash Rookie
I am extremely happy there are two videos of my face while I get battered by Raz on twitch...
:L 10/10 would bang

Top Bottom