• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 7, 2015] COMEBACK II - Helsinki, Finland [Melee / Smash 4]

Loota

Smash Journeyman

Streamed by Geeky Goon Squad!

COMEBACK I last year was a definitive hit for us with over 90 entrants so the next one was quite inevitable.

- REGISTRATION -

Register here!

Were going to take registrations via the form above (recommended) and at the venue itself. The registration on for a tournament will close an hour before the start of that specific event, both at the venue and online. However, all tournament fees will be paid at the venue so remember to bring some cash with you!

- ORGANIZERS -

Loota
Stemu

- TIME AND LOCATION -

7.-9.8.2015, friday to sunday.
The doors will open at 10:00 on friday and close at 18:00 on sunday.

Pelitalo Maximum Gaming (Nuorisokeskus Happi)
Sörnäisten rantatie 31
00500 Helsinki

The venue is located at a very convenient location just next to two metro stops (Sörnäinen & Kalasatama) both connecting to Central Railway Station. If you're travelling by car, there's a couple of long term parking areas nearby too.

Smoking, alcohol and other drugs are not allowed in the venue. Intoxicated people won't be allowed in.

- SCHEDULE -

As a reminder, the registration for a specific tournament will end an hour before it's scheduled to start!

Friday
10:00 The venue opens
16:00 Smash WiiU Doubles
18:00 Melee Doubles
02:00 The venue closes for the night

Saturday
09:00 The venue opens
11:00 Melee Singles Pools
13:00 Smash WiiU Singles Pools
16:00 Melee Singles Bracket
18:00 Smash WiiU Singles Bracket
The venue stays open for the night but sleeping is prohibited.

Sunday
12:00 Side event X
18:00 All games will be turned off
19:00 The event offically ends

All times are tentative.

- FEES AND PRIZES -

Fee for participating people: 5€
Melee Singles: 5€
Melee Doubles: 5€
Smash WiiU Singles: 5€
Smash WiiU Doubles: 5€

The entry fee will be used to cover organizing costs.

Singles
1st place: 50%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 5%

Doubles
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%
4th place: 10€

- VENUE AND SLEEPING -

There are a few fridges, a microwave and an oven as you'd expect but no stoves. They're all free to use. I recommend to not buy food for the whole weekend in advance as the space in the fridges are not endless, suprisingly enough. There is a 24 hour store nearby which should help!

There are also showers in both the tournament venue and the sleeping venue.

For friday-saturday night, only people from abroad may sleep at the venue (max 35) which offically closes at 02:00. However, we have arranged a venue (Östersundom) for sleeping also which is one straightforward buss trip away. As for saturday-sunday night, the venue is open throughout the night but the sleeping limit still enforced, so only people from abroad may offically sleep there.

The last two buses (bus number N841) from the venue to Östersundom will leave from Rautatientori at 00:30 ja 02:05, don't miss these! An extra night fee will be charged from 02:00 onwards. The buss will leave just on the other side of the street when exiting the venue and will arrive just on the front door of the sleeping venue. The route.

- RULES -

General

- Friendly Fire on.
- Handicap off.
- Items off.
- Pause off.
- Stock Sharing allowed.
- The players may demand to have ports shared in Doubles in the following way: 1 - 2 - 2 - 1
- If there are stage bans involved in a set, the players are able to go to a stage they banned themselves but the players are also able to ban the same stage.
- Stalling is banned (intentionally making the game unplayable or unable to continue). This includes infinites beyond 300%, intentionally freezing the game, disappearance of a character and resetting the game. The penalty will be a match loss.
- In case of a timeout, the winner will first be determined by stock difference, followed by percent difference. If the game is still tied or both characters lose their last stocks at the same moment, a 1 stock rematch will be played with the normal timer divided with the normal amount of stocks for the respective game.
- The players may ask their opponents to change their character colour if it causes problems to differentiate the colour from the background or from the opposing player/team.
- In the counterpick phase, the previously lost player may demand to change controller ports.

Set procedure

1. The players choose their characters. Both may call for an double blind pick.
2. The stage will be determined by stage striking.
3. The first match of the set is played.
4. The winner of the game bans the appropriate amount of stages.
5. The loser player chooses the stage.
6. The winner chooses a character.
7. The loser chooses a character.
8. The next match will be played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 until the set is over.

Double Blind Character Selection

1. The first player tells a third party his/her character in secret.
2. The second player chooses a character.
3. The third party will announce the character the first player told him/her.

Melee Singles and Doubles

- 4 stocks
- 8 minutes
- The players may call for a neutral start for the games. In this situation, at the start of the match, both players go to the opposing ends of the stage and will start playing from a predetermined signal. They may not do anything but move to the appropriate place until the signal.

Starters
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dream Land N64
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams (Singles)
Pokémon Stadium (Doubles)

Counterpicks
Pokémon Stadium (Singles)
Kongo Jungle N64 (Doubles)

- Stage Strike will be played out in the following order: 1 (P1) -> 2 (P2) -> 1 (P1)
- Every player/team has one stage ban in a best of 3 set.
- The player/team may not choose a stage they've previously won in the same set without the permission of the other player/team.

Smash WiiU Singles & Doubles

- 3 stocks
- 8 minutes
- Predefined custom move sets are allowed (we will be using the EVO-sets)
- Alongside the predefined movesets and sizes for Miis, you are able to create your own sets for default Miis
- Equipments are banned
- If the game ends on a selfdestruct move and the game goes to sudden death, the initiator of the move loses. The only exception is Ganondorf's side special which yields the victory for Ganondorf.

Stagelist
*Final Destination (+ Omega Stages)
Battlefield
Smashville
Town & City
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Skyloft
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Kongo Jungle N64
Pokémon Stadium 2
Wuhu Island

*If the player bans Final Destination, both it and Omega Stages will be banned.
*Omega Stages may be picked only after the first match of a set has been played out.

- Customs will be chosen after both players have chosen their characters, in the same order.
- Stage Strike will be played out in the following order: 1 (P1) -> 2 (P2) -> 2 (P1) -> 2 (P2) -> 2 (P1) -> 2 (P2) -> 1 (P1)
- Every player/team has 3 stage bans.
- Players cannot counterpick a stage they have previously won in the same set.

- DOUBLES TEAMS -

To be updated soon.

- PARTICIPANTS / INTRESSED -

Register here!

Confirmed

Loota
Stemu
Schwa
Hopo
peki
Samura1man
Zlazher
saska
Mayhem
AfroDyyd
Casiolove
Masi
RT
Jaxi
Hippi
Freijo
Heru
ZartZu
PeliQ
Kaura
Darch
Heketzu
ZekeH
Ijuka
Mallu
Teddie
Forre
Mursu
Testcat
Cleftor
Forre
Mianki
MasterTK
Novi
XoRderous
NamiNami
Kalzu
Bl4ck
Pingviinituutti
Aksboy
Spike
Muggshotter
Jage
WMK
Spike
Wörmi
bËst
Über
Tukaani
Taukki
Vettis
Jan
Ippe
M1
Jabi
Lidu
Starkiller
Flinck
JK
Swagalee
MasaMune
Eid
Trifroze
Solobattle

FROM THE VOID INBETWEEN

AJP

Random-Ness
Miguel
M
Dax
Mihqusta
Alias
Krumm

L!va

Rioru
Kuroda

Interested
Sazen
Rondelle
Mayek

Last edited:

1Miguel1

Smash Cadet
NNID
m1Miguel1
Just got reminded of this. I will attend because of sm4sh customs + 3-stock ruleset. Should be confirmed next week. ;)

mayhem_

Smash Cadet
I will post on our finish forums about that housing and also ask from the TOs :) I dont live anywhere near the venue, but I can atleast try to help you get the housing :D

Rioru

Smash Rookie
Hey !

We are planning to come to the tournament for 3 days, we are from France on a European trip by train, will it be possible for us to sleep at the venue for 2 nights? We'll be 3 players (Rioru and Kuroda on your list, the other one will register on the day of the event), only 2 of us will play doubles.

Thanks and see you at the event.

eideeiit

Smash Ace
I don't think you're allowed to sleep in the venue the tournament's at, but there's another place nearby that has been used in monthlies before where people can sleep.

E: I'm dumb. Any foreigners are allowed to sleeep at the venue. Only Finns need to sleep elsewhere.

Last edited:

1Miguel1

Smash Cadet
NNID
m1Miguel1
I will post on our finish forums about that housing and also ask from the TOs :) I dont live anywhere near the venue, but I can atleast try to help you get the housing :D
Thanks!

The confirmed list is somewhat wrong. Alias and Dax are from Sweden, not Germany.

L!ver

Smash Cadet
NNID
Livastyle
Yo, Loota told me, someone would pick me up at the airport today 00:30 in Helsinki.
But, idk if "he" will do this or someone else, and i rly need to know, cuz I dont want to stay the night at the airport :p

Ah, and btw: HYPE! :)

Loota

Smash Journeyman
A few things:

1. Because of a misunderstanding, sleeping is unfortunately prohibited in the venue itself. We are extremely embarrassed by this sudden change in plans but fear not, we'll make sure people travelling from abroad will be compensated with traveling costs to Östersundom sleeping venue or provided with a ride there if we're able to give one when requested.
2. The venue won't close on saturday night at all, you may spend the whole night there if you wish to. However, sleeping is still prohibited so you'll still have to go to Östersundom or some other place to sleep.

That's all. The venue is all set up for tomorrow and it looks gorgeous <3 Be seeing you all then!

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Melee Singles and Smash WiiU timetables have been switched around. Below is the updated timetable.

Melee Singles Pools - 11:00
Smash WiiU Pools - 13:00
Melee Singles Bracket - 16:00
Smash WiiU Singles Bracket - 18:00

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Top Bottom