• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 24, 2014] Smash Weekend @ Gamers Room: Project M & Melee (Concord, NC)

JTimps

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thesuperguide
3DS FC
4468-0969-2266
I think I will make it. I really excited to finally play smash against different people again.

Sword

Smash Cadet
NNNOOOOOOO I just learned that my family are going with my brother to his college at the beach this weekend WWHHYYYY :sadeyes::sadeyes: I am sorry I won't be able to be come guys :(

EDIT: Also I will be making a new account (name change). It will be MLSword.

Last edited:

tarmon2121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tarmon2121
3DS FC
5000-2165-4045
NNNOOOOOOO I just learned that my family are going with my brother to his college at the beach this weekend WWHHYYYY :sadeyes::sadeyes: I am sorry I won't be able to be come guys :(

EDIT: Also I will be making a new account (name change). It will be MLSword.
Sorry you won't be able to come man. I was watching the videos from last months tourney and started practicing against Marth just for you and Luckywind

tarmon2121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tarmon2121
3DS FC
5000-2165-4045
Well crap. I just found out that I have to go to a funeral tomorrow, and it ends at 4, So I doubt I'll be able to make it this month.

MintyFreshness

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pointtothecat
Bad news. They have to reschedule the tournament due to a power outage.

Check their facebook.

uncle monty

Smash Rookie
So seeing as this got cancelled, if anyone is in charlotte my friend who lives here is hosting a little smash fest if anyone is interested? 2109 dembrigh ln, charlotte. You can also text me at 919-225-2745

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
God, I'm so upset right now!!!!!
I drove all the way out here, and now I'm going to have to drive all the way home.
80 minutes
52 miles
10 bucks in gas
Wasted
:(

uncle monty

Smash Rookie
God, I'm so upset right now!!!!!
I drove all the way out here, and now I'm going to have to drive all the way home.
80 minutes
52 miles
10 bucks in gas
Wasted
:(
Come play at my friends. I drove all the way from boone. We are doing money matches and things

tarmon2121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tarmon2121
3DS FC
5000-2165-4045
Tournament postponed until next Sunday, August 24th, sorry for the inconvenience. Refer to the OP for more information.
If you don't have other stuff you have to do that day, would it be possible to move the tourney a little earlier in the day. The only reason I ask is because if you're still in high school, which I know quite a few of us are, than you have to wake up early the next morning and staying until midnight might be hard for some.

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman
If you don't have other stuff you have to do that day, would it be possible to move the tourney a little earlier in the day. The only reason I ask is because if you're still in high school, which I know quite a few of us are, than you have to wake up early the next morning and staying until midnight might be hard for some.
you make a good point, let me talk to the venue today and maybe push the time back to around 12 noon or so. I'll get back to you all later today.

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman
To help accommodate the people that are starting school the following Monday we are pushing the starting time back to 12 Noon. Thanks to people that messaged me and commented to let me know about this issue. Sorry if this is any kind of inconvenience to you.

madBowers

Smash Rookie
NNID
Adamsrewob
3DS FC
1177-9203-9654
This sounds awesome! I am new to tournaments, hopefully I can make it to the next one!

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
This power outage loves me :) The one week I couldn't go it got postponed :chuckle: Sorry to everyone else who wasted money on gas and stuff though XD BUT YESSS I still get to get destroyed by LuckyWind!!! Well more then likely anywho. I do have a few tricks up my sleeves this time around ;) Hopefully I can go, but I am starting high school the next day lol. Guess I just gotta be on my parents good side tomorrow ;)

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Sorry you won't be able to come man. I was watching the videos from last months tourney and started practicing against Marth just for you and Luckywind
Trying to put in some practice against Marth is see ;) But be wary, I also have my Mewtwo in PM and Sheik in Melee! Also I have been trying to implement more of a DD game and implement some WDing into it. I think my movement has gotten a little better since last time :D

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Also SoulOfSmash I saw the question about live streaming earlier, and as it turns out I know how to do that kind of stuff. I should be able to come this weekend. I don't know if you want to stream to Twitch with your own account or what though. If you are interested message me with information like what kind of stuff you would want on the stream (like logo, other info bout the tournament etc.) or any questions you might have. I can send you a picture of what the stream would look like and stuff before the tournament as well. If you want to know what kind of stuff I can do, here you go : http://www.twitch.tv/sword721/b/557356091 EDIT: P.s. This is Sword BTW changed usernames.

Last edited:

pluto

Smash Cadet
the power outage loves me too. i had no money for gas and was really looking forward to coming so i was pretty bummed, but now i have gas money and i'm going to my first two tournaments in a row this weekend! see you all there!

tarmon2121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tarmon2121
3DS FC
5000-2165-4045
The power outage loves me three! I was told on Thursday that I couldn't go because I had to go to my mom's friend's funeral

tarmon2121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tarmon2121
3DS FC
5000-2165-4045
Also, I know the tourney starts at 12, but are we allowed to come early for practice, friendlies, etc?

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman

Test recording of the commentary setup, lmk what yall think. Hopefully this Sunday we will have player and commentator cams as well. Also a look at the setup if you are interested. Today I only had 1 headset working but potentially I should be able to get 2.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman

Test recording of the commentary setup, lmk what yall think. Hopefully this Sunday we will have player and commentator cams as well. Also a look at the setup if you are interested. Today I only had 1 headset working but potentially I should be able to get 2.

Sounds Great :) The volume of the game in comparison to the voice is perfect, I can't really think of anything to change, just one question, does it pick up a lot of outside noise? Also sorry I couldn't come today :( are you still interested in streaming to Twitch btw?

Last edited:

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman
no power outages this week right? the drive is almost 3 hours so i'd hate to get there and have it cancelled or something.
Yep we are ready for this one, I'll be leaving here in a bit and should be opening up at around 10 AM. Hope to see you there.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
donT START MELEE YET

we might be a lil late
but dun disqualify us because of tardiness plz

Top Bottom