• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 16, 2014] Revival of Lafayette (RofL) #2 - SSBM & P:M (Lafayette, Louisiana)

VVB

SD Champ
Revival of Lafayette #2
(RofL)

August 16th, 2014

@

AIE Lafayette (LITE Center)

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/237389263137237

Origin

Lafayette has had a Melee scene for some time. Our crew has seen some ups, downs, new blood, and old blood, but we've never hosted solid tournaments that brought in smashers from the surrounding areas to our home turf. It's time for this to change. This is Revival of Lafayette: A monthly series that will be hosted each month, exclusively for SSBM and Project:M.

Our venue has changed since last event - it is now at the AIE office space in the LITE Center. The AIE school was gracious enough to offer us this awesome space without charging us a venue fee, thus allowing us to make the pot bigger! We are super grateful for this venue, so as always treat it with respect.

Venue/Entry Fee

No Venue Fee! (Yay)

10$ Entry fee for singles
10$ Entry fee for doubles (5$ per player)

PLEASE BRING SETUPS SO THIS TOURNAMENT CAN RUN EFFICIENTLY!

If you plan on bringing a setup, please let us know before hand by either posting here or the Facebook event.

If we can get a round about count of what we have, then we'll know if we need to scrounge up more setups before the day comes. This will dramatically effect the efficiency of any tournament, so all help in providing setup will be GREATLY appreciated.

In order of needs:

P:M Setups (Brawl & P:M SD) - 3.02 vanilla ONLY. I don't mind if the music has been altered, but please, no stage edits.
CRT TVs - Anything above 19'', if possible.
SSBM Setups - Wii or GC + SSBM will do.

Payout

1-31 Entries - Top 3 - 60/30/10
32+ Entries - Top 4 - 60/25/10/5
48+ Entries - Top 5(6) - 60/20/10/5/2.5/2.5

Rules

Melee
Apex Rule Set
Double Elimination
4 stocks
8 minutes
Items off
Neutrals - Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick - Pokemon Stadium

Project:M
Double Elimination
3 stocks
8 minutes
Items off
Neutral: Page 1, bottom row
Counterpick: Page 1, center row

Schedule

11:00 - Begin registration

12:30 - Brackets close

1:00 - Project: M Doubles: TO - @ ChKn ChKn

2:00 - Project: M Singles: TO - @Random Samus Kid

4:00 - Melee Doubles: TO - @ VVB VVB

5:00 - Melee Singles: TO - @ VVB VVB

PLEASE BE HERE ON TIME!

We will be following the schedule very strictly, so please be punctual. If you are on your way and/or running late, please let a TO know by call/texting us or posting to the facebook event page. I will do my best to make sure you didn't travel out here for nothing, but I will not accept any late registrations if have not at least notified a TO. If your match is up and you aren't here to play it, you will automatically forfeit that set. If you are leaving the venue for whatever reason, make sure to let a TO know so they can plan accordingly. I don't care if you're in the grand finals, I will DQ yo' ass if you're holding up tournament progress.

Stream

Lafayette Smash on twitch.tv @ http://www.twitch.tv/lafayettesmash
Stream will only be on 1 setup.
If you would like to bring a streaming setup, you are more than welcome. Please let us know if you plan on doing so and I'll make sure to update with the twitch URL.

Closing

We hope to see more of you make it out this time! Please let us know if there is anything the TO's can help you with and we'll be sure to try our best to accommodate. LET'S GO!

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
AWWW YEAH no venue fee!

For Melee only players, is 7pm a little late for a starting time? I feel some people would be more willing to make it if Melee started a bit earlier, but other than that, let's go RofL!

VVB

SD Champ
AWWW YEAH no venue fee!

For Melee only players, is 7pm a little late for a starting time? I feel some people would be more willing to make it if Melee started a bit earlier, but other than that, let's go RofL!
Good point, my salty brethren. Melee has been bumped to 5pm. All times have been adjusted accordingly.

Let's just try to take the grands without a reset, eh @ GOL | 482 | JSalt GOL | 482 | JSalt ?

VVB

SD Champ
I can bring a gamecube but no TV if that's okay. Can't wait to play!
Sure! Any extra equipment may come in handy, even if it's just used for friendlies. Also, I noticed you're from Lafayette - We have quite a crew here that's growing each week. We play friendlies bi-weekly on Friday. Message me if your interested in coming to the next one (It's this Friday).

the link to the facebook event in the first post takes you to the FB event for RofL #1, might wanna fix that
Good eye - Thanks, DF.

Last edited:

ChKn

Smash Ace
We're going to have quite a bit of people (~40) showing up, so let's make this tournament as memorable (for all the right reasons) as possible.

VVB

SD Champ
Payouts have been changed to the following:

1-31 Entries - Top 3 - 60/30/10
32+ Entries - Top 4 - 60/25/10/5
48+ Entries - Top 5(6) - 60/20/10/5/2.5/2.5

Pritch

Smash Lord
I see registration closing at 1230, but if I'm only going for melee (and have a 2 hr drive to get there) I'd just as soon sleep in a bit, especially given that I'm still out hanging out after work. Am I just ****ed, or is there some leeway there?

Top Bottom