• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 10, 2014] Smash Academy (Rocklin, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0okmn

Smash Rookie
Project M tournament is held at Free Flow Academy of Hybrid Arts in Rocklin CA Every Sunday at 5:00 PM

Bring your own controller!

Venue Fee is $3 Entry fee is $5 per event (5 for singles, 5 for doubles)

Rules:

Games are 8 Minutes, Four Stocks. All Items off.

Controller port is determined by rock paper scissors. In the event of doubles it’s 1-2-2-1

Sets are best of 3, with finals being best of 5

Stage Striking is done in 1-2-2-1 order for the first game. After that the winner bans 3 stages from the approved stage list (below), and the loser counterpicks a stage. The players can then change characters; winner must change characters before the loser changes. Winner cannot pick a stage that they’ve won at previously.

Giga Bowser is banned.

If a game times out, winner is decided by stock, and then percentage if stocks are equal. If percentages are equal, play a 1 stock 3 minute game; if that game goes to sudden death, first person to Self Destruct wins. Please don’t let it come to that.

No excessive stalling

Quitting a game results in a loss of that game for the quitter.

Pausing, unless okayed by the other player, counts as a forfeit of a stock

Buffer must be set to off.

No coaching during games. Between games it is allowed, as long as it does not hold up the set.

In case of a game crash, restart your match with same characters and stage.

Custom controllers modified for aesthetics, (colors, paint, and control sticks) are allowed. Shoulder button spring removal is allowed. No turbo or macro’d controllers.

Custom builds are okay as long as they are approved by the TO. Unapproved builds will be used for friendlies or written to the TO’s build if okayed by the set-up owner.

STAGE LIST:

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
Distant Planet (doubles only)
Counterpicks:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
Distant Planet
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Dracula's Castle
Skyworld

If you have any questions feel free to text me at (916) 626-1171

Last edited:

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Looking forward to attending! ill be there a little early. im still learning, and i would love to be apart of this. i have smash, but unfortunately i got a new memory card, so everything isnt unlocked, stage wise.

0okmn

Smash Rookie
Looking forward to attending! ill be there a little early. im still learning, and i would love to be apart of this. i have smash, but unfortunately i got a new memory card, so everything isnt unlocked, stage wise.
This is a Project M tournament so you won't need to unlock everything. It should already be unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom