• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: What is wrong with this board? --> we're now planning a guide

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
People announcing they are leaving the board or putting people on ignore. That does nothing but give off a negative vibe. If you're gonna leave then just do it. If you're gonna put someone on ignore......just do it.
I "announced" (if you can even call it that.....) I'm leaving the Zelda boards because people (such as Kataefi in the GFF thread) ask me to do frame data stuff or to test things sometimes. It'd be rude if I just left and let them think I was ignoring them.

I announced I put AL on ignore because he quotes + responds to me a lot. Again, I wouldn't want him to think I'm not responding for no reason.

Claiming there aren't enough tournament Zeldas. I can name like 8 off the top of my head and have run into 2 more in real life that nobody has heard about plus seen videos of several others. Claiming that there aren't tournament Zeldas is really misinforming others.
Compared to other characters, Zelda has a significant lack of representation in tournament. That's one of the reasons why she's so low on the tier list.

Also, we're talking about tournament Zeldas who actually contribute in this forum. In most discussion threads, there are a few at best who contribute.

People who have even said themselves that they don't use Zelda in tournaments making up the majority of discussions. AL, Kaylo, HSS, Zeldspazz, MrEh, Kataefi etc. lmao.
Not much to say about this except that personally, I contribute only when I feel like I know what I'm talking about. MUs or topics I don't know, I don't post about, and I'm 99% sure that most of my arguments are pretty solid. If you disagree, that's fine, but it's a far cry from some people who base their opinions on nothing or theorycraft or their random friend from down the street who casually plays Wolf.

A majority of the people I play on a regular basis are PR-ranked or place decently well in tournaments in the NJ/PA/NY area, a lot of which get pretty good OOS turnout from surrounding regions like MD/VA. And I do fine against them. *shrug* Sorry if that's not good enough for you.

EDIT: The reason I don't enter many tournaments is because I'm cheap. ;) I prefer to spend my money on shoes or going out on Saturday nights, tbh, than on a video game. I also oversleep a lot, lol.

Really like their is no reason for anyone serious about Zelda such as myself to come to this board because people who have this abundance of Zelda knowledge supposedly know all and anything you say is ludicrous.
Yeah, well, you're not helping by not posting. Afaik, the only thing you've said that people've called ludicrous is the whole "Din's is pointless" thing, which was just ******** (sorry, truth time) and pretty negative from someone who cries about negativity from others.

Even within that thread, it was just debating. Nobody flamed you -- or at least, I certainly didn't. Sounds like you're just butthurt because people disagree with you often, but you gotta get used to it when your opinion goes against the majority.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, so much unneeded drama coming from every angle.

My only question is why is this topic a topic?

I don't wanna be rude on anything but from I'm reading, it sounds like a huge fight over why Zelda is bad.

I don't wanna take sides on this but I think Eh's point comes to mind when thinking of this topic.

Zelda is bad and that's just that. People play her now cause we like her as a character....I love the woman to death.

Being one of the only Zelda only mains for a long period of time you can only get so far. Looking at the best Zelda mains here [DM and NL] who do they main in tourneys? MK and Diddy.

I know somewhere in all this talk of mine, I lost track of what my point was. Anyways to finish up this rambling, players like KLO and others are here cause they like Zelda. (Sorry KLO for using you as an example)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Which is why I wish DarkM, Riot, Snakee, etc. would come here more often and tell us and give us knowledge of the matchup so we dont pass around wrong info. But, I mean, if they dont, then what will MUs discussions become? If you see what I mean. Im all for staying out these discussions and letting people who actually know what theyre talking about take charge.
I would! I swear, but I am really bad at internet arguments and the like. I need someone to teach me how lol! (Kaylo help?)

I also feel like too much of what I do well comes from clever reading of my opponent rather than Zelda specific advantages.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
... Wow.

So this is what I've been missing?

I posted a couple pages into the thread, forgot to reread it for a couple days and when I finally remember there's another 4 pages of political silliness.

First off, I'd like to offer a brief defense of one of my statements that (I think?) was taken as a point of departure for KayLo vs AL Round #21093560239480.
I think I said something similar in the vs DDD thread when I said we all need to balance our humility over playing a sub-standard character with the optimism needed to make bad (but not unwinnable, ****ing GaW) matchups work.
You're ignoring the fact that because Zelda's a bad character, we're inevitably going to spend a lot of time talking about her negative points and disadvantages.
No, I'm not.

This was in reaction to all the "Zelda's a **** character" statements I saw flying around the board, which really do nothing to further her Zelda's metagame. I was not calling for "OMG U GUYZ ZELDA IZ SOOO GUD WTF U TALKIN BOUT" but a balance between humility and optimism. (In the vs DDD thread I only posted positive points of the matchup because all the negative points had been covered to death.)

There are boards with better characters than ours who already have this mindset when they approach their MU discussions. Is it really so hard to acknowledge both sides of this debate?

Yes, AL, there are quite a lot of Zeldas on this board (including you and I) who lack a true grasp of Zelda's metagame. She does have loads of untapped potential that we have yet to grasp. And instead of griping so much, we would do a lot better to investigate that potential.

Yes, KayLo, Zelda has trouble pretty much everywhere in the top and high tiers, and it's near useless to go in to those matches (and MU discussions) with a high level of optimism. Many of the top players on this board also play higher-tiered characters (I also main DK and Kirby), so we know what it feels like to have a decent chance against top tiers.

And MrEh, keep in mind that while Zelda may not be able to beat a majority of the cast, she can certainly beat you.

EDIT: Thx for the correction, I honestly didn't know.

MrEh

Smash Hero
She does have loads of untapped potential that we have yet to grasp. And instead of griping so much, we would do a lot better to investigate that potential.
Hmm, let's see....

1. Good spacing and proper application of Zelda's moves

2. LOLOLOLOLOL LOVE JUMP!!!!!

You and I may be (and correct me if i'm wrong on this, guys, but I don't get this impression from reading the boards) two of the only people here who also play higher-tiered characters (I also main DK and Kirby), so we know what it feels like to have a decent chance against top tiers.
Way off dude. Some of the best Zeldas also use better characters.

NinjaLink: Diddy, ROB, whatever
DarkMusician: MK
Snakeee: ZSS

And MrEh, keep in mind that while Zelda may not be able to beat a majority of the cast, she can certainly beat you.
Wrong. Good Zeldas can beat me.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
poP, I'm not going to discount your post but I'm almost curtain that Eh knows what he is talking about...despite his ability to be ULTRA blunt on Zelda. Anyways you need to realize that Zelda is bad against 70% of the cast. Every little thing that can be found in terms of AT has been found and not much else. Huge kudos to you for finding one this late in the game.

@Eh: How is DM doing? While I'm on that topic how are you doing? I haven't heard from you guys in ages. :p

MrEh

Smash Hero
Every little thing that can be found in terms of AT has been found and not much else. Huge kudos to you for finding one this late in the game.
As I said before, nothing short of an infinite is going to make Zelda more viable. It's come to a point where personally, I think Zelda's potential is maxed out. No, I'm not talking about strictly tournament potential either, since we could always use more Zeldas running around. (more money for the pot)

@Eh: How is DM doing? While I'm on that topic how are you doing? I haven't heard from you guys in ages. :p
Bobby's hyped up on caffiene right now, and is playing friendlies. ^^

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
xD That's a first. Getting hype over a little caffeine. Lol, that's just out of character for him.

You know I always wanted to know where and why your Avvy and Sig are that as such. =/

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
People who have even said themselves that they don't use Zelda in tournaments making up the majority of discussions. AL, Kaylo, HSS, Zeldspazz, MrEh, Kataefi etc. lmao.
I understand your point, however there's one thing I must say: a huge part of this is the fact that tournament Zeldas don't post around as much as everyone'd like them to. Since as of now we're usually lucky to get one or maybe two posts for a MU discussion from one tourney-goer it is quite obvious that most of the discussion will be between casuals.

Also, I think we'll get nowhere if this carries on. See the good points Kata made? Because of all these new discussions they'll be passed with a shrug. See how this thread is slowly getting off-topic? It'll only make people ignore what's been posted here.

I support the idea of everyone posting politely what they think of others like SoR suggested. Then everyone could see what others think about them, why they think that and how they should change. It wouldn't lead to ganging up against anyone if everyone followed the rules and only posted what they personally think and without an intention to personally attack others.

After that it'd be all up to the people. If they're really willing to change for the sake of the board they'll do so. If not, nothing will change, everyone will get eventually banned from trolling/flaming and this thread won't be able to change that fact.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
xD That's a first. Getting hype over a little caffeine. Lol, that's just out of character for him.

You know I always wanted to know where and why your Avvy and Sig are that as such. =/
I usually never drink lattes etc so when I do it's pretty potent for me. XD

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Is it wrong to use a character because people like the character? So many people use Ganon and Falcon. They certainly don't play them because they're good, they play them because they're awesome.
This is true.

MK 20-80
Snake 30-70
Wario 35-65
Falco 35-65
Diddy 40-60
Dedede 40-60
Marth 35-65
Gdub 25-75
Pikachu 40-60
Olimar 10-90
ROB 40-60

No.
Some people would define the 40:60 matchups as manageable. Also, isn't Pikachu generally considered 45:55?

I like this idea. No sense beating around the bush ya know? I suggest that this be allowed.
Sure, why not?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I received no response from Kataefi except for PMing him names, which I'm not really planning to do.

Successor of Raphael: enjoys argument, rags on the rampant naivety on this board (most of it not being related to Zelda, but rather the general mindsets that people have), doesn't contribute to Zelda's metagame, stopped caring about contributing to Zelda's metagame, sucks and doesn't play in tournaments, "pulls numbers out of his ***", is losing/lost his patience with several aspects of this board including but not limited to the sheer amount of passive aggressiveness, name calling, and general stupidity that some users exude on a regular basis (key point!) and don't seem to realize it.

Successor of Raphael also: believes this board to have too much parading/naivety/"truth"bringing/"mediating" on this board mixed together. It goes like this:

Something gets said -> someone insults and makes a point rather than just making the point -> responses fly back which will not come to a neutral ground ->people jump in and go "wow this is really bad, but..." and add to the mess -> more insults are made -> everyone else ignores what happened and pushes it aside and nothing gets addressed.

This point is important because, as I implied earlier, we're all sick of each other. The reason we're sick of each other is simply because we don't get along on the most basic level. That is to say, a lot of us who have been involved with any sort of crap on this board and always have something to say (me included) will start an argument if the wrong one in this group looks at said person wrong. You can't avoid it because this is just how we think and it will clash. Most importantly, this is INEVITABLE. In order to cope with this, people need to not only watch what they say but they must also say it without clear signs of agitation, stubbornness, etc.

This is not about being butthurt. This is not about what you really feel or anything like that. This is about simply not providing the catalyst that will cause whatever you say to be trivialized. If I know that a poster hates it when I bring his lack of skill up and I want to make it a point that Farore's Wind is a bad move, I don't say, "Well clearly you're a bad player if you use Farore's Wind so much." It may be true that the person is a bad player. It may be true that Farore's Wind is a bad move. Most of this will fall on deaf ears of the person I'm addressing and will say, "You're a bad player." And if they leave it out, it's only going to add to the mess because now that I called this person bad, I can sit back and play the passive aggressive person ("I don't know why you're being so serious about this, I'm just saying you're not good, geez chill out LOL"), the tough-as-nails person which will fail to even make his/her point worth talking about ("Look, the bottom line is that if you think Farore's Wind is good, you're bad or playing bad players, that's the truth, live with it, I'm not mean just truthful") or the naive, shrinking away person ("omg I was just stating my opinion!!!!! =((((( why is everyone so mean!!?!??!")

It doesn't matter if you aren't intending to mess with someone's feelings. If you do bother someone's feelings, no matter how you believe they should take it, the fact of the matter is that you're subjecting them into a worse position and you've already placed yourself in a worse position because now whatever point you were trying to make is masked by "tough talk." You cannot, CANNOT have people take discussions seriously AND brush aside affronts of any kind.

This board has too many people that leap into discussions with their holy water flying all over the **** place. Now this is a concept that a lot of people aren't picking up, and I know that this is the case because it pretty much has not been said yet in this thread. I'll explain it:

Me: Red Zelda is the best.

Someone: But Blue beats red all day.

Me: That's lame, Red's the best.

"Mediator": OMG guys stop fighting, SoR Blue does beat red, don't be stupid.

Why is this bad? Similar reason as above - useless **** is getting said with the facts. Perception is ridiculously powerful in life. If someone, at any point in time, claims that others are simply arguing for arguing's sake, crying, stupid, etc., then the onlookers that cannot or do not pull posts apart and lump **** together may get ideas, and those that post... well it goes like this:

Me: I'm just saying that Red is better than Blue because of <insert reasoning>.

First person: No really, it's stupid if you keep saying that Red > Blue, that's the truth and you're just crying about it now.

Onlooker: (wow, that SoR guy sure can't admit to being wrong when he's wrong)

And bam, people will be viewed as stupid or a whiner or whatever whenever they enter their next argument because pretty much everyone categories everyone else. MrEh is categorized as a troll - therefore, people take what he says with a tank of salt and if there's any scent of foul play it gets brushed off, rather than if Elder Sister said it because there is very little pre-judgment on her behalf. Yes, I did just namedrop two people but I'm not saying anything about them personally and it was to give you a clear example of what I'm talking about.

There's little to be done once it happens, so don't let it happen. I do it, yes, but I sure as hell don't resort to this bull**** before a lot of people do on this board, which ties in nicely with why I'm tired of a lot of the different attitudes on this board. I don't care how truthful it may be or whatever - if you regularly judge publicly it will affect you and whoever you judged for worse. It's also a good idea to not actually be stubborn and whatnot but this is even harder to address because if people believe something, they will stick by it. That's normal behavior. Explain, in different pieces, why something is not right, and if they continue to go on with the wrong idea, repost whatever you believe to be truth and make it unattached to whoever you just responded to. That way, people looking on will be able to decide for themselves what is the right answer. Majority will win and in all issues dealing with Zelda, majority is right so spending time mediating and then posting your opinion is worse than simply posting your opinion.

Long-story short: watch what you say and how you say it and quit thinking that what you say does not influence this board and will automatically help the board. No amount of truth will rectify petty bull****. This problem plagues many communities everywhere so I'm not banking on it ever "fixing" itself, but it can certainly be toned down.

If you did not understand what I was talking about. say something so I can rephrase. If this thread allows name-dropping at any point I will come as clean as possible. The truth of the matter is that I am very annoyed with this board and I'm sure someone out there is annoyed with me.

EDIT: I re-read a lot of stuff I said and a lot of the examples I used can be attributed to one user. Said user, I am not calling you out specifically - the general way I read things around here and the way I wrote it down just so happens to match your tone. I'm sure you know who you are.

10 millionth edit: I am not excusing ignorance. I'm simply concerned with the way it's attempting to be eradicated.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@GreyFox: This thread was made because if you read any discussion in any thread on this board, it just collapses to the ground and I end up having to pick up the pieces and hand out stuff. The amount of times I have to do this makes me look like I enjoy what I'm doing but I'm definitely not.

I'm just trying to be extremely nitpicky, as mod, and identify the cause(s) of the problem. I'm thinking if we can ease up on the causes then we can start to be a bit more productive. My long-winded posts basically boil down to this.

@Mars: Fair points. I don't think I've contributed to any important discussion since March this year except maybe in the research thread where I'm asking questions or making requests. I only create threads now.
_

Alright there's a unanimous vote it seems. Everyone's free to name people. Just be polite. If it gets out of hand (I'm half-expecting this) then thread is closed, no progress will be made, tensions probably rise further etc etc etc etc... I'm willing to change if people see me as a definite root of the problem.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
AlmostLegendary, I understand that you have strong beliefs about things and you do say things that make sense at times. However, despite the fact that people exasperate Zelda's weaknesses, this is Brawl, where playing gay is the way to go for people. Zelda cannot deal with this along with their inherit advantages so well. This is why a lot of fights are not in her favor.

Do note that a 40:60 doesn't necessarily mean an automatic win for the opponent. Zelda is still fairly likely to remove two stocks from her opponent in these situations. While people do have different perceptions of ratios and general ideas, Zelda's strengths are dampened by her weaknesses because the assumption is that everyone will play as gay as possible to win. A Marth that just sits down to play for fun will likely feel like a closer to even fight, whereas a Marth that is playing to win will likely employ tactics that ensure he is safe from Zelda, Because of this view that is used when discussing fights, Zelda is seen to not have a lot going for her.

While blatant insults do not help, you must also reflect upon this and not boldly post your ideas without seriously considering exactly what you're saying and if it will be received properly. It's fine to disagree, but you must bear in mind that tournaments are different from normal play. Make sure you keep it clear that you did read and understand what someone said to you; at least if you disagree still, they cannot say you weren't paying attention.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
@GreyFox: This thread was made because if you read any discussion in any thread on this board, it just collapses to the ground and I end up having to pick up the pieces and hand out stuff. The amount of times I have to do this makes me look like I enjoy what I'm doing but I'm definitely not.

I'm just trying to be extremely nitpicky, as mod, and identify the cause(s) of the problem. I'm thinking if we can ease up on the causes then we can start to be a bit more productive. My long-winded posts basically boil down to this.
Umm...not to argue with you but that whole first part of what you said just nullifies the point your wanting to prove. If it all comes crashing down in the end then why keep fixing it.

I'm not wanting or trying to discredit you at all Kata, but think about it for a bit. The whole point of having a discussion topic is to discuss that characters pro's and con's in the gameplay, figuring out the metagame and the like. Now I'm not one to talk for helping out but I haven't been here in a little over 3 months and I've yet to see anything new to help her metagame when I came back again for like the 5th time. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
When I say 'collapse'... I mean... not in a civil way.

edit: actually - I do see your point grey. If it's gonna resort to arguments anyways there's no point me trying to intervene anymore, because it will just go full circle and everything will start again. It would just be nice if I didn't have to infract people for the bickering that happens in those discussion topics when things turn sour.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Before saying anything else I want to highlight one thing: ANYTHING I SAY IN THIS POST TELLS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT WHAT I THINK OF THE PEOPLE MENTIONED. I AM MERELY LISTING WHAT I THINK IN EACH PERSON'S NATURE CONTRIBUTES TO THE TROUBLES THIS BOARD HAS LATELY BEEN HAVING. I'm also going to mention only the names that in my opinion are directly affected by, involved to or part of the argument(s). And remember, the stress is on the "I think" -part.

OK then.

AlmostLegendary: I agree with everything SoR said, but I also feel that you've gotten hung up on the role of being crucified because of his opinions and have deliberately chosen to disagree with certain posters no matter what they're saying. Because of this you don't notice that you often back up your opinions with misinformation or fail to back them up at all. Instead you think your opinions are brushed off because they differ from the mainstream and thus start arguments.

SoR: You said it yourself: you enjoy arguments. Although you back up your opinions and (almost always) read what everyone has written carefully enough to understand what the other side's saying you also often cause these said arguments to drag on even after it's become clear that there's nothing to be gained from them or everything has already been said.

MrEh: You troll, it's as simple as that. I'm not saying that's all you do or that you're giving off false information, but you're still adding fuel to the fire. Earlier everyone knew just what parts of your posts to ignore and what parts to focuse on, but as of late that skill has been lost and so you're helping to increase the arguments.

KayLo! and Hedgedawg
: You both sometimes have troubles in ignoring posts that shouldn't be responded to or stopping the debates when they should be stopped. Eventually this causes the other side of argument to respond in a way that is interpreted as inpolite, which leads into other inpolite responses, and so the argument has been started.

Kata: You're the mod around here, so each and every one of the arguments automatically concerns you, even when you're never a part of them or have nothing to do with them. You're simply dragged into this mess because of your status even though you're in no way responsible for it which I find simply unfair. Only thing I can say to you is that it may need to be necessary for you to take a stricter line to these kind of things, in other words not to be afraid to use your mod powers to stop the already started or soon-to-be arguments earlier than you've so far.

Me: I know I have a habit of acting like I know everything even though I'm clearly lacking in either knowledge, experience or both in a lot of cases. I also tend to avoid clashing with other people or run away from debates caused by differing opinions. Because of this a huge deal of arguments I'm involved in are left unfinished from my part, thus remaining in the back of the mind and slowly causing damage that way. On top of everything else I also often hide what I'm really saying behind a barrier formed by what tries to be overly polite way of speaking, making it harder or even flat out impossible for others to see my points, yet alone to respond to them. Finally, I also have traits of an attention *****, which causes me to post unnecessary or unneeded things or comments with varying frequency.

And with that I've said everything I have to say about this matter, meaning this will be my last post in this thread. From now on I'll only be reading what others have to say and stay silent myself, as I have nothing else to add anymore. I understand if somebody wants to have nothing to do with me after this. However, I'm asking that if you don't agree with what I'm saying, think I'm throwing out unjustified claims or am just being plain rude and unproductive just post about it or PM/VM me and I'll make sure to read what you're saying. After all, the whole reason I made this post was to help remove the bad atmosphere and to identify the reasons for it. If those reasons are in me then I need others to point them out.

To end this post I'm going to quote what Hedgedawg said earlier in this thread and what I completely agree with: "As long as PEOPLE don't change, this board never will."

Have a nice day everyone.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
KayLo! and Hedgedawg: You both sometimes have troubles in ignoring posts that shouldn't be responded to or stopping the debates when they should be stopped. Eventually this causes the other side of argument to respond in a way that is interpreted as inpolite, which leads into other inpolite responses, and so the argument has been started.
Can't deny this one. However, I will give my reasoning for it:

I hate seeing false info just sit there. People need to realize that less experienced players will always be lurking and looking through the threads here for reference and information, so if someone says something that's wrong and nobody corrects them..... that's not a good thing. It may keep the peace, but at the end of the day, it's detrimental to the forum.

*Disclaimer to the above: I'm talking about facts that're wrong, not debates over opinion.

I also dislike leaving people confused on a point I'm making. AL in particular seems to have a hard time grasping certain concepts, and it turns what should be a simple explanation into a long, drawn out debate over something that's usually pointless or fairly easy to understand for most people.

But I've already decided to just let things be. If people prefer peace, I won't even make it my business anymore. *shrug*

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
KayLo, to be totally fair, when people lurk they're actually more likely to read the stickies, the beginning of said stickies notably, where the information presented is actually fairly unclouded. If they don't understand they'll make a thread or ask a question. It also helps that people generally look for colorful names, in which those colorful names are usually right and usually have their posts in easy-to-reach places. That's kinda why I personally don't bother too much. There's still truth to what you're saying.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
@KLO: Thus proving my point even greater that there doesn't need to be another guide. Most of the info that is legit and facts have already been stated before. For the Zelda Boards, this is as good as it gets and only cause you can only go so far with her. There are characters that are finding or already found ways to counter almost every thing Zelda does. It's gotten to the point where Zelda has much less options of handling a curtain character now.

I don't wanna stop you from doing what you do best but at this point of the Brawl scene, Zelda [outside of players who wanna use her for LTD and LT] there is nothing more to learn from her that would help her out or benefit her in situations against Mid Tiers and Top Tiers.

Again KLO I'm not trying to bust on you or anything. I'm just saying what I said before.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The stickied guide is outdated.

The stickied guide is for Zelda and Sheik.... the one we're doing now is solo Zelda.

If you've read it, you'll know that the stickied guide is basically just a list of ATs and a halfhearted move analysis. The one we're doing covers all aspects of Zelda's metagame, from the basics to advanced techniques, including ones that've been discovered more recently.

The stickied guide's owner is MIA, so they can't update it.

Four of the reasons why we're doing a new guide. The forum needs it.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ok, I don't have anything to back my statement after that. Lol, good show KLO. :)

Alessandra

Smash Apprentice

I hate seeing false info just sit there. People need to realize that less experienced players will always be lurking and looking through the threads here for reference and information, so if someone says something that's wrong and nobody corrects them..... that's not a good thing. It may keep the peace, but at the end of the day, it's detrimental to the forum.
I'll admit that I don't post around much (at all <_<) because it is a bit intimidating to me how strong some people come on, but I do agree with what Kaylo said above 100%

I don't post, but I do lurk because I do enjoy using the character and want to learn more about her. However, I've been confused a number of times when I've seen vastly different opinions going around, and no one really giving a definitive answer on what is correct. (regarding MUs, etc) So imo, ignoring those types of posts is really not helpful to people like me who come to lurk/learn <_<;;

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Well then we do need a new guide...

And also a better way to come to conclusions about matchups, but that's beyond me.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Which reminds me, Kaylo PM me back D:< you never did so I know what my job is ;-;

<3

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
To bring this thread to a close, I'd like to offer any help for the new guide that may be needed. How and where do I do that?
PM/VM me and I'll let you know what's left that needs to be done.

Which reminds me, Kaylo PM me back D:< you never did so I know what my job is ;-;

<3
Oh ****. I'll PM you before I go to bed tonight. x.x

*writes a post-it note for herself*

I have a terrible memory, my bad. ><

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
@KLO: Thus proving my point even greater that there doesn't need to be another guide. Most of the info that is legit and facts have already been stated before. For the Zelda Boards, this is as good as it gets and only cause you can only go so far with her. There are characters that are finding or already found ways to counter almost every thing Zelda does. It's gotten to the point where Zelda has much less options of handling a curtain character now.

I don't wanna stop you from doing what you do best but at this point of the Brawl scene, Zelda [outside of players who wanna use her for LTD and LT] there is nothing more to learn from her that would help her out or benefit her in situations against Mid Tiers and Top Tiers.

Again KLO I'm not trying to bust on you or anything.I'm just saying what I said before.
LoL at your choice of words.

SoR and HSS I appreciate the feedback.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh ****. I'll PM you before I go to bed tonight. x.x

*writes a post-it note for herself*

I have a terrible memory, my bad. ><
lol At least I wasn't the only one you forgot :mad:

Also, I knew it would tricky to find decent Zelda vids, but I didn't think it'd actually be kinda hard.

There are so few good Zelda vids that are recent :(
I have a few though and I'm still looking.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
isn't that a downgrade?

Yes it is.
If someone wants to write a new Zelda/Sheik guide (which I fully support and suggest, actually), that's up to them. However, having only a Zelda/Sheik guide is, imo, not as helpful as having both.

There are lots of people who play Z/S; likewise, there are plenty who play solo Zelda. Zelda's metagame is significantly different depending on whether you use her with Sheik or not, and having a guide that covered both Z/S + solo Zelda would be ridiculously long, most likely confusing, and hard to organize. I also think it wouldn't be very pleasing for someone who plays only Zelda to have to wade through a ton of unnecessary Sheik info.

There's also the question of.... would it include how to use solo Sheik as well if it had solo Zelda? The easiest answer to this is to have three guides: one for solo Zelda (on the Zelda boards), one for solo Sheik (on the Sheik boards), and one for Zelda/Sheik (a collaboration between both boards, posted on both boards).

Personally, I know nothing about using Sheik, and writing a guide that large would be more than I could take on, especially considering that we'd need to get the Sheiks in to help out..... and I don't think I've even looked at their forum in months, lol. Someone else should definitely do it, though.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Well... anyways!

I suggest the 3 amigos... Kaylo, AlmostLegendary and MrEh working on part of the guide together. I can certainly see some unity being achieved here... Who agrees?

.....anyone?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hell ****ing naw.

(And if you weren't joking, we're no longer cool, Kataefi. :mad:)

Top Bottom