• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention! You all suck at Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but if ken had the game, and was beating people left and right, you would have no problem tagging him best in the world, to say that if somebody beats a lot of people, they are not good, well thats ignorant.
You should stop making baseless assumptions. I'm 99.9% sure that if Ken had the game and was beating everyone in all of the videos he was in, HugS wouldn't label him best in the world. Why? There's no proof. It goes back to that whole circle of friends thing again. Until there's tournaments on a national level you can't say things like that.

Don't give me **** about reading your last post, I do not care enough to read through 20 pages find out what you have been saying.
Well, if you don't care, why are you here arguing?

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .I would think it goes with out ****ing saying that when someone says "thats the best Pit I have seen!/ He is one of the best Pitts so fare!/ Thats like, a amazing Pitt!" they are taking the time with the game and the exposure of the game into account and comparing it to others they have seen with said character(s).:ohwell:

You can't really say everyone who has the game "sucks" because they have yet to unlock the full potential of the game either. Hell, Im sure if given 10-20 more years of melee people would look back on today's pros and think they would have been better if they did w/e new stuff.

You can only rank/ rate people in comparison to others. . . not how you personally fore-see the wide spread protential of the game.

And the "everyone" part is stupid. You can't suck at a game you never played nor can you tell someone they suck if they have never played the game (giving you no proof they are bad at the game). Only after being given a proper amount of exposure to said game (play time) can one than be rated on how good they are at it in comparison to others.

Really, this kind of rant doesn't deserve it's own thread. . .and sounds ****ing shollow:ohwell:

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
. . . .I would think it goes with out ****ing saying that when someone says "thats the best Pit I have seen!/ He is one of the best Pitts so fare!/ Thats like, a amazing Pitt!" they are taking the time with the game and the exposure of the game into account and comparing it to others they have seen with said character(s).:ohwell:

You can't really say everyone who has the game "sucks" because they have yet to unlock the full potential of the game either. Hell, Im sure if given 10-20 more years of melee people would look back on today's pros and think they would have been better if they did w/e new stuff.

You can only rank/ rate people in comparison to others. . . not how you personally fore-see the wide spread protential of the game.

And the "everyone" part is stupid. You can't suck at a game you never played nor can you tell someone they suck if they have never played the game (giving you no proof they are bad at the game). Only after being given a proper amount of exposure to said game (play time) can one than be rated on how good they are at it in comparison to others.

Really, this kind of rant doesn't deserve it's own thread. . .and sounds ****ing shollow:ohwell:
Quoted for truth.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
But I already /thread'd =[

No Johns carries on into Brawl. This thread should be archived, we're looking at one of the earliest Johns in Brawl's history.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
After reading the original post my brother rolled his wheel-chair directly into four lanes of heavy traffic. He broke his pelvis and both femurs. I hate you.

skrach8

Smash Lord
Hugo speaks words of wisdom. The only people getting mad about others saying they suck, are the noobs looking for some kind of niche in the smash community asap. All i know is that i feel like a noob playing any game i first pick up. For the time being there might be some good players, but when i say good i dont really mean good. I mean good noobs.

Point being we are all noobs here. If future you could play present you, future you would call you a noob.

-Skrach

Mars-

Smash Champion
Don't give me **** about reading your last post, I do not care enough to read through 20 pages find out what you have been saying.
Well, if you don't care, why are you here arguing?
Clearly you can't read if you you think that "do not care enough" means "don't care"
You are the one who hasn't mastered writing well enough to not write such a vague sentence. I also think you should glance at my location before trying to insult my intelligence.
Before you brag about your intelligence you should at least learn how to comprehend a sentance.
Dude. Mars. Just give it up, man. That doesn't even make SENSE. :laugh:
You too can't read?

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
ive been on these forums for a while under different names, and before that i used to read them everyday, you sound way condescending for just being a memeber since 06, your time here doesnt make you dominant

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Clearly you can't read if you you think that "do not care enough" means "don't care"

Before you brag about your intelligence you should at least learn how to comprehend a sentance.

You too can't read?
It's spelled sentence. Just giving you a heads up. I'm an English major, gotta look out for people.

*leaves*

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
This will probably be locked in record time, but I just needed to point this out.

No one is good at this game.
Stop saying " wow ____ has an amazing pit". He doesn't.
No more "This guy is showing us how the game should be played". He isn't.

Everyone sucks at brawl. You don't get points for beating a good melee player in brawl. You don't get points for winning only 65% of the matches you play. You suck, I suck, we all suck.

The only skill difference between brawlers now is that certain players just suck a little less.
At least give the game more than 2 weeks post release before you start claiming that you or anyone is good at it.

Thank you.

EDIT: Skyshroud, you are a smart man.
In Skyshroud's words, incase you found me to be too harsh:
and to add to this people should stop thinking their the 1337Z0rs and claiming all these jump the gun lame practicly useless advanced techniques a couple days after playing it.... oh the new broken technique1111!!!!! press up-B to get on the stage better !!!1111 i think ill call this move the STORM CANCEL because....deeerrrrr because it cancels your faliing animation into a sudden upward motion!!!11111

Atsu

Smash Ace
Erm, just because people haven't found stuff in the game to make it not a game doesn't mean everyone sucks. Although, yes I agree that everyone does suck, but that's based on the fact that Brawl has been region-locked in Japan. (Attainable in other countries, but a little costly) Meaning we haven't seen everyone yet. We've only seen some people in the U.S. and other countries and then Japan.

But in the end, I sorta do agree with you. No one is good at Brawl yet, but that doesn't mean they suck.

Oh, and to the little kids saying Hugs made this thread because "He was one of the best in Melee and sucks in Brawl", what kind of argument is that? I don't need to read the whole thread to start saying "How could I know? I didn't read 20 pages." to actually give a real opinion on this. Grow up.

Mars-

Smash Champion
It's spelled sentence. Just giving you a heads up. I'm an English major, gotta look out for people.

*leaves*
I mistyped the e lol, happens when you try typing as fast as possible so you aren't wasting your time arguing idiots. :-D

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I disagree on what simple concept, even stated by your smart man, "Skyshroud".

Relativity.

Everything is relative to everything else skill wise in Brawl. In Melee, you may have sucked relative to Ken, but were good relative to your friends. In Brawl, everyone is starting off, and so the people who "suck a little less" are therefore "good" at the game. Right now, they're at the top, and for you know, that is the top. We can safely assume it isn't, but for arguements sake, there is no way of telling. So saying everyone sucks at the game is the most IGNORANT **** I HAVE EVER HEARD! No! Everyone make suck at the game relative to your Melee standards, but NO ONE

I mean NO ONE

Sucks at this game. And to even say that is plain out rude, despite the fact that you're wrong.

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
Agreed think about the whole concept of Falco pillaring. This made Falco incredibly good when most thought Falco sucked. Basically I agree Hugs.

M.K

Level 55
How about "No one is good enough for anyone to make any assumption about Brawl's true stance in the competitive and casual environment"?

ChicoPunk13

Smash Rookie
so true... all the talk of _____ has an amazing ____. lol get out of here with that stuff. they aren't amazing; they just look good relative to a sea of inexperienced, lousy players. skill comes with TIME. michael jordan didn't pop out of the womb and throw a reverse layup over his doctor's head... well... maybe he did (bad example), point is: players have to feel this thing out and push the level of play to what you might call "amazing."

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I don't agree with this topic. Because I belive to best your foes or so, you must be smarter than them in the game to win. That's why it almost doesn't matter who you pick now days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom