• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Hong Kong Gamers: GET BRAWL!!!!!!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Many people on this board are under the illusion that Brawl's roster will be known on the 31st, that is simply not true. Most games get released in Hong Kong a few days prior to Japanese release, and for games released on a Thursday in Japan may be on the marketplace as early as Sunday.

It is these several few earlier days that make it essential to end all of these character debates and flame wars. It is up to you gamers of Hong Kong to finish what began nearly three years ago. Truth must be unveiled and upheld as quickly and as fast as possible. On behalf on every Smash fan in the world, I ask of you to partake in a special and final favor for all of us:

1. Find Brawl as soon as it hits the Hong Kong marketplace.
2. Play it nonstop.
3. Make sure you have a camera that way you can send pics and videos to prove the validity of the Brawl roster.
4. Be admired as a hero among the Smash community for your hard work and dedication in ending the Smash character flame wars a few days early.

Good luck.

Keep this topic bumped, in order for Hong Kong Smash fans to see this topic.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Isn't it already Sunday over there? Do they really get games that much sooner?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I really can't wait for all the speculation to be over
They need to beat that game as fast as they can

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yes. . . ORRR, just find the gulde book as soon as possible and scan that for all the world to see. Either way, make all this flame stop so that people can move on to complaining about the roster and NOT b*** and moan about how unlikely w/e leak is.

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
If the game will be released on Thursday it means that in Japan is going to be released on Sunday?
Or it means that in Japan will be released on Thursday and in Hong Kong before Thursday?

Play-asia said that they're sending Brawl on or Before release day.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If the game will be released on Thursday it means that in Japan is going to be released on Sunday?
Or it means that in Japan will be released on Thursday and in Hong Kong before Thursday?

Play-asia said that they're sending Brawl on or Before release day.
Japan gets it on Thursday, and Hong Kong will most likely get it on Tuesday.

AlFighter27

Smash Cadet
i love all these "make sure u have a camera/video camera" comments ever body adds on the end of posts like these, but at least there covering all of there grounds

Also, if your right we may actually know something before thursday, but either way, this week is going to be a killer for a lit of people's dreams

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Yes. . . ORRR, just find the gulde book as soon as possible and scan that for all the world to see. Either way, make all this flame stop so that people can move on to complaining about the roster and NOT b*** and moan about how unlikely w/e leak is.
Do they even get guide books? I thought that was a North American/European thing.. I'm probably wrong in assuming that.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
They need cameras with at LEAST 6 megapixels, kinda like my sisters cam.
Do we even know your sister?

anyways, i hope somebody can end it, i'm fed up with this BS about leaks and deconfirmations, so much people are trying to fool us and were only 5 DAYS AWAY FROM THE RELEASE DATE!! Calm down *******!

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Why does Hong Kong get the game before Japan? What is the reason? It seems a bit odd for them to get it before the country who made the game.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
I can only use my power to bump this so the Honk Kong gamers can see it.

But the rest is up to you....

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
So Play-asia are going to send their copies (they're frome Hong Kong) on Tuesday. With the help of UPS I probably have the game on Thursday 31 or Friday 1 :D

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
This would be great, but I heard somewhere that it takes awhile to ship the game out 31 may be the launch date but the game won't be shipped intill a few days later.

I'm pretty much 75% sure the 35 character roster is true, just because of how melee's roster was similerly revealed and disliked, though someone that made the 35 character roster if it is a fake probably had the intention of puting are expectations lower when some peoples expectations were rediculisly high :p.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I'm personally surprised it wasn't leaked a month ago!!! Anyways, I just want this terrible speculation to desist so we can all start to grasp the game better, and learn our mains!

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Why does Hong Kong get the game before Japan? What is the reason? It seems a bit odd for them to get it before the country who made the game.
Simply put? It's a valiant effort to try and curb piracy.

Not to put any one on HK, China, Singapore and the like on blast, but it's just a fact: these regions of the world are infamous for being havens of piracy.

So, in efforts of trying to get some actual capital before the pirates "set sail on the torrential seas", Japanese developers have made it a common practice to release games in that region of the world first. That's why HK gets games, DVDs and other such things before most others, including true to life Japanese gamers, stand to get the game.

For those of us who import from the likes of play-asia, this is just a nice boon, because they're based in HK. So, basically, whenever HK stands to get the game (no later than Tuesday, but I'm willing to bet Sunday night at the earliest), that's when the first pre-orders for SumaBura X will go out.

Needless to say...I'm waiting with bated breath.

S2

Smash Lord
Somehow I get the feeling that we'll get the roster leaked via guidebook earlier than actual gameplay vids.

Because even when people get the game, its going to take time to unlock all the characters. We don't even know how they are unlocked, which kinda makes it hard to speedrun unlocking them.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
PLEASE. Someone in Hong Kong, get it, play through it, or buy a guide book, and please give us the final roster, the speculation must END. ts driving me (and MANY others, insane!!)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
It seems like we don't really have that much longer to wait. I can be patient 4 more days.

I just hope the 35 character roster ends up being a lie. That number sort of bothers me.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
UMMM, MAYBE WHEN people post the characters, they could post the in spoiler and grouped in franchise, because i want to see if some character are in, but i dont want to ruin the surprise of super hidden characters like game and Watch (ROB wouldnt be a surprise, would be a deception....)

simplicityho

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to get a copy of a guide, or I'll go to Wanchai Computer Center to snap some pictures if possible.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Chrorobound, please study your geography before posting. Hong Kong, isn't part of japanese, it is part of china. HK people doesn't know japanese! For goodness sake, they are using the american version! They do not know japanese!

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Yo simplicity, are u from hk? I'm from hk too, but i move to singapore when i was young.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol regardless of whether you know the language or not it's possible to beat brawl and get all the characters -_-

also simplicityho maybe you should go to MK to get the game...i don't live in hk any more but i always remembered that i could get cheap games (fan ban or not) there

Kiri

Smash Cadet
Don't know how many times I've posted it, but why not just wait a few more hours and then check this thread; http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=136080 for all the information you could need?

I'll be live-blogging, updating with pictures and videos and translating (if needed) as soon as the game come out and then will carry on doing that for at least 5 to 6 hours or until the SmashBoards server goes down, which it probably will! :p

Top Bottom