• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention College Smashers!

isoldmyname

Smash Cadet
Uhm... Hi. ^w^
So anyway, I am a Junior, and it's coming to the time in my life where I have to start thinking about college. One of my concerns (believe it or not) is the local smashing community. So... I was just wondering if anybody here is in college, and if so, where and what the Smash community is like. Is there a competitive gaming club or tournaments or something? Anyway, if you get the chance to respond, I thank you in advance, and have a good'un! (If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize, please let me know)

USB3.0

Smash Rookie
I just started a club at Edinboro University. There are clubs for gaming and Smash at universities all over; I got the idea from the Pitt Smash Club and their Fight Pitt tournament.

Best way to meet other smashers is to just hang out at gamer clubs or whatever and ask if people are into it, if there's no smash club.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
I currently go to school at Northern Kentucky University and the Smash scene here is even better than I hoped for! (It's also fantastic in Louisville, KY which is where I'm from and very close by!)

There are lots and lots of PM/Melee players on campus, as well as a game room where people play most Smash games + a weekly PM/Melee house tourny about 5 minutes away.

Then 30 minutes away, there's this giant arcade called Arcade Legacy which not only has a multitude of fantastic arcade games, but also holds weeklies for Sm4sh, PM, and Melee. They try to switch the tourny style up every now and then as well.

Ex: We've done crew battles, round robins, brackets, and shuffling from console to console. It usually works out very well.

Meerkat

Smash Cadet
If you don't have a Smash community at wherever you go, start one! I started one at mine in August, and yesterday we had a tournament with over 30 people, including some people coming from more than an hour away!

TenZo | SSB

Smash Rookie
I currently go to school at Northern Kentucky University and the Smash scene here is even better than I hoped for! (It's also fantastic in Louisville, KY which is where I'm from and very close by!)

There are lots and lots of PM/Melee players on campus, as well as a game room where people play most Smash games + a weekly PM/Melee house tourny about 5 minutes away.

Then 30 minutes away, there's this giant arcade called Arcade Legacy which not only has a multitude of fantastic arcade games, but also holds weeklies for Sm4sh, PM, and Melee. They try to switch the tourny style up every now and then as well.

Ex: We've done crew battles, round robins, brackets, and shuffling from console to console. It usually works out very well.
Hey can u say the address of that arcade, I might show up for some melee... If you do I appreciate it

Top Bottom