• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attempting to add costumes in through hackless method?

Sorastitch

Smash Rookie
Alright, I've looked around, I've added the FitCharacter files presumably correctly... why don't they show up?

For Samus Zero Suit I added in Zero Suit Samus (Metroid: Other M) by br3compactor, Pik from the Brawl Vault and I've extracted them and all; so why don't they show up? I have them in F:\projectm\pf\fighter\szerosuit as FitSZerosuit01.pac and FitSZerosuit01.pcs.

Any reason this doesn't work?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Says F:/ on mine. The disc drive is E:/.
whatever, I guess it`s not important. I don`t understand why it wouldn`t work, usually as long as the texture doesn`t change the Fit[char](no number).pac or Fit[char]motion.pac it should work.

Sorastitch

Smash Rookie
whatever, I guess it`s not important. I don`t understand why it wouldn`t work, usually as long as the texture doesn`t change the Fit[char](no number).pac or Fit[char]motion.pac it should work.
Yeah, that's what my problem is. It seems to me that stages work just fine, but attempting to put in character costumes don't work.

MaxThunder

PM Support
maybe the new codes needs to have all the file paths it will replace specified... in which case putting in textures won't work...

spid3y916

Smash Cadet
Alright, I've looked around, I've added the FitCharacter files presumably correctly... why don't they show up?

For Samus Zero Suit I added in Zero Suit Samus (Metroid: Other M) by br3compactor, Pik from the Brawl Vault and I've extracted them and all; so why don't they show up? I have them in F:\projectm\pf\fighter\szerosuit as FitSZerosuit01.pac and FitSZerosuit01.pcs.

Any reason this doesn't work?
You say you put them as FitSZerosuit01? When you play, do you select the red costume for Zero Suit Samus?

Sorastitch

Smash Rookie
Ok I finally managed to figure out what was wrong; I was lacking a few codes...? I think I got it now, though. I can see the stuff I wanted to add now.

Top Bottom