• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attempt an event for SouthWestern Pennsylvania?

Do you think we should start creating permanent "battle stations" to meet for tournaments/events?

• No! the Smash scene isn't THAT large/stable of a community worthwhile setting places up for

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yankee-pyro

Smash Rookie
Talkin' bout WASHINGTON, PA folks and fellow Smashers!
Yeah technically Pittsburgh is SWPA's "capitol" but i'm talking more SOUTH i guess. Only a half-hour drive from the 'Burgh, it's a perfect hub of nearby "metro's" (so to speak) such as Wheeling, WV, Uniontown, PA, Belle Vernon, PA Waynesburg, PA, Greensburg, PA and even Morgantown, WV perhaps. Another upside is there's a lot less traffic (that means it should be a LOT more easier to find a place to park than it would in downtown Pitt) and directions to get there are simple (either take I-79 N/S or I-70 E/W pretty much!).

So i'm throwing the idea of a local tournament out there. Now if we can get enough people interested then i'll try to find a nice location to gather and Smash it out amongst possibly new friends. Of course, i'll welcome any other ideas anyone else may come up with such as where exactly in Washington to meet, and which day of the year, or month, or even week it should occur, and even the name of the event. [personally i'd love to see it called 'Washington Weeklies' (except something more Smash-oriented) because then i'd know at least once a week i could compete and also see about 300 people come out each and every time]

Please people, let's get this party started and where is the love?!

:pow:

Yankee-pyro

Smash Rookie
i don't even have a Wii yet so i don't get much practice on Brawl anyway. i totally like the idea for Melee and even 64 'cause i have a game and system for both (but only 1 AV-cord i think) and even enough controllers (4 each) Heck, i even got 2 big TVs

chestraj

Smash Rookie
How serious is this suggestion, I'm very much in support of this idea.

Life

Smash Hero
I'm closer to Butler County (so like 45 minutes north of the city), and I'd consider coming except my Saturdays are still locked down by other responsibilities for a while so it wouldn't be soon.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
If this doesn't get followed up on... :/ As a Wheeling guy, WASHPA smash would be perfect. I have a venue here that's ideal, but I need another setup or two before I start hosting. We're close though! Expect smash in Wheeling very soon.

Last edited:

mynameisdog4

Smash Apprentice
If this doesn't get followed up on... :/ As a Wheeling guy, WASHPA smash would be perfect. I have a venue here that's ideal, but I need another setup or two before I start hosting. We're close though! Expect smash in Wheeling very soon.
Do you need any help with this? I definitely want to get smash started Wheeling, and I'll help with whatever I can.

rubix05

Smash Rookie
I'm quite possibly the only smasher from Hagerstown and I'm down if this gathers steam.
Are you still playing smash? With the release of smash 4 I have gotten back into it pretty heavily and I am also from Hagerstown.

GunnySmith

Smash Rookie
NNID
SupermanWv
Hey this works for me, I'm from Morgantown WV and we have Smash here but it's only on Saturday and that doesn't always work for me, or even better yet I can always go for twice the Smash per week. So probably Friday or Sunday would be best if you don't want to conflict with Morgantown's time. Either way, hit me up on Facebook: Clark Boyles from Morgantown WV.

Yankee-pyro

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry about the extremely long delay. Had a huge life-hiccup.
But I am definitely still down for setting this up.

Top Bottom