• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attack with your sheild

forward

Smash Champion
We all know that swinging your sword, kicking, and throwing **** is pretty effective ways to start an approach.

But did you know that one of the deadliest players in the country uses his sheild as a staple to his approach?

Try it, just run in and sheild. Don't be afraid of a grab, how many people grab as you rush in so savagely?

Zone

Smash Champion
lol, Sometimes I just RUSH IN, and stand there, and wait for my opponent to do something.

Lvl9's grab when you rush in so savagely though >.>;

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
I do that against spot dodgers. It's safer than just standing there and waiting, i guess.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
This usually forces the other person to shield or dash dance and come back for the grab. First person to respond to a grab wins.

Except against M2K, for some reason, he'll just watch you shield in front of him and grab yo' dumb azz.

D

Deleted member

Wow... it's so simple that I hadn't even considered it lol... I'll try it out tomorrow when I'm playing with my friends... should work well, based on how they play...

Although, I have one question... if you shield, is it as if you CCed, where you stop moving, or do you slide? And if you do slide, should you CC then shield?

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
u mean run in and sheild? I remember i used to use this with mewtwo, always set up nice grabs

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
i remember dsf was doing this in some of his old vids. i remember thinking of how stupid ken was for falling for it so many times...

until i played drephen in pools.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Thats scary stuff man, when someone you know can stretch his character to the limit, is standing in front of you with his defences already up, ready for your attack.

Repryx

Smash Champion
These bits give me Ideas...I think I might get out of my BLock with these...Thanks Forward...Ive got like 3 new Tactical Combinations that Im gonna try out tomorrow

Binx

Smash Master
besides if you anticipate a grab after you shield your are ready to spot dodge too, I waveshield alot, it works really well as ICs except against Marth for me anyways.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'm a little bit iffy about doing it against Link, my main competitor. But I'll try it.
Since Link can grab people rushing at them regardless as long as they don't short hop, you might not have so much luck. Like everyone else said, try mixing it up some so he won't expect you to shield in his face.

GofG

Smash Champion
Forward, you are ****ing awesome. You can start a semi-sarcastic semi-serious multi-paged discussion from a joke.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
but.... wait..... I don't get it!

and if this were just a joke I think someone would have said so by now, within 3 pages.
Are you supposed to just run towards them and put up your shield right before you get to them, and that's supposed to hurt them?

Or is it supposed to be an attack that's like a mindgame, throw your shield up when you run at them, which they aren't expecting. Then they do something stupid because they don't know what to do against something so simple and unpredictable, and THEN you put down your shield and nail them?

I feel so stupid...

edit: because I just left my computer after reading the first post and tried it with shiek and all I do is.... well, run up to them and shield and nothing happens.

Top Bottom