• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

at's.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but that's only a handful of members' opinion.

Personally I think the most useful AT is Wing Refreshing, followed by arrow loops ONLY FOR THE ARROW CONTROL PRACTICE. Wingdashing is up there, but I personally think its uses are limited to learning gust mechanics. If I'm not going for a wing refresh jump and I need to avoid an oncoming attack with WoI, I just WoI straight off the ground and fast-fall a fair. At least when you WoI off the ground you get a few invincibility frames and the chance of shing-shielding.

Speaking of which, I think knowing what can be shing-shielded is right after arrow control in terms of importance.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I agree with NxC completely. Just remember to read the "applications" parts of AT guides and ONLY use them when the situation is BEST handled by the AT.

kupo15

Smash Hero
yup. ATs dont break Pits game but add variety to your solid basics. But I think Wing refresh and Wingdashing are the two important ones personally followed by Arrow looping. You can do some cool wing mindgames when not spammed and done right.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
if you can smoothly incorporate them into your game, i think you'd be happy with every single one of them.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
They may sometimes be situational, setting up loops could set in for an attack sometimes.

Wing Renewal/Refreshing is useful, but a little frusterating to pull off.
I usually just mix in glide techniques.

Apollo317

Smash Cadet
Sorry if I'm being blunt, but if you don't know which ATs are useful, you're not ready for them yet. Once you have a solid understanding of the fundumentals of your character(like reach, priority, lag, speed, manueverability, posisitioning, power, etc), then you can learn the basic ways to play to your characters strenghts and weaknesses(like using good spacing minimizing risk and learning how to approach and "combo" etc). Only then are you ready to learn ATs. And once you're at this point, you won't need to ask people how to use them, you'll figure out the uses on your own. That is the only way you will become a great player.

Anyways, it's more fun that way.

EDIT: Notice that most people giving advice on this use words like "personally", or "in my eyes".

Top Bottom