• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North *Pound* 4 Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Current Poll Results:
MD/VA and NY/NJ should be together: 22
(Doom, Candy, Yes!, KageMurphy, SlikVik, jjvirus, Anti, Will, BleachingoZX, KirinBlaze, Bionic Sonic, Tantalus, dmbrandon, Darth Waffles, UmbreonMow, Vex, Chibo, NEO, ksizzle, rathy Aro, Pierced, Sonic Master)

MD/VA and NY/NJ should separate: 16
(Atomsk, Omni, Inui, Kai, Dabuz, ChuDat, Meep!, Hat, Forte, No Idea, Seagull Man, Malcolm, Pyronic Star, GIMR, Wooj, Keitaro)

--------------

*REMINDER: The deadline is TONIGHT [Thursday, December 17 @ 11:59pm.] Votes can be changed.*

--------------

Omni, you are allowed to speak for me. Your ability to turn this thread from a dramatic mess into a something so productive, and act in such a logical and rational manner is amazing. I praise your ability.
I appreciate it, but I haven't done much. The best ideas are coming from everyone else having healthy discussion and suggesting very compromising alternatives. East Coast can get some really good intelligent discussion going along when we're not arguing small semantics.

Tonight the poll will close and the final decision for how NY/NJ and MD/VA will represent themselves will be expressed through the majority vote. Continue to discuss the issue in the meantime just so that you can be sure you are fine with your vote. Also, anyone who hasn't vote can still make an impact as well.

In regards to the other awesome ideas.... well, they're awesome. They won't be ignored or put on the backburner. I promise they will be addressed. For now, finding out what East Coast's final stance on this main issue just needs to be priority, ya know?

SO EVERYONE VOTE. TELL OTHER PEOPLE TO VOTE IF THEY HAVEN'T. DON'T BE BUTT HURT LATER IF YOU WEREN'T HERE TO CONTRIBUTE NOW.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
why should u have to decide for this whole region. this is stupid. were still going to win. md/va is going to win b/c there teaming wit us.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i'm not deciding, Wooj. i'm just guiding East Coast into making their own decision. that's the purpose of the poll: to collect as many votes as possible and let East Coast decide for themselves. you can't really argue or dispute the majority and it's a good basis to make a decision off. do u feel like this process is flawed?

i see that you voted split. i did, too. but like... our own personal beliefs need to be put aside for the majority. i've said before that neither side is wrong in their decision. we just all disagree and that's cool, but we have to come to a final verdict and stick to it. regardless of which way this poll sways i'm supporting it since it does reflect the majority of east coast's beliefs

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I'm against the split. Why take an incredibly powerful team and split it into two less powerful teams? Doesn't make sense to me.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Also, if we split and lose, it'll suck, because when's the next chance to **** the competition? Pound 5? That's alot of time to deal with other regions bragging. Just **** them now at full force so they have no reason to be proud.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Like what Yes said...if it was some small tournament, I would be for the split

but this is Pound 4.....a beast coast tournament. Stay together, do not split.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Split: MDVA wins: We get arrogant and douch3y. Drama continues
Split: NJ/NY wins: NJ/NY has bragging rights for a year. Drama continues.
Split: Neither of us win: Everyone is mad we didn't join forces. Drama continues.
Join: We win: Both sides claim they could have done it alone. Drama continues.
Join: We lose: Captains/Crews get blamed and we're all mad at each other. Drama continues.

Smash-drama fo life SON! Keep me entertained awwwww yeaaa.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Split: Neither of us win: Everyone is mad we didn't join forces. Drama continues.
Join: We lose: Captains/Crews get blamed and we're all mad at each other. Drama continues.

This... is so accurate ._.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Sassy logic lol..
we do not play the game to make anybody happy...
this is for region pride & best region in country... so I say
md/va only lol

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I read through the thread, and I just wanna make a few points:

1. Why split? This is a regional crew battle, not a "whichever states wanna stick together" crew battle. Honestly, it's time to prove once and for all that Atlantic North is by far the most powerful region in the country (probably the world, but we can't prove it with this, no Japan). This is about regional pride, why risk losing over petty drama? Represent AN proudly, and after we crush everybody, next large national we can duke it out between tri-state and MD/VA, after we've proven clearly with data that the best of AN>the best of everyone.

2. Inui should be lead captain, he may come off as arrogant, but he's definitely got it where it counts. He's great with data and he understands the players that the crew will be facing far better then anyone else in AN (I consider this well proven, but I can cite a specific example from this thread), I think we can trust him to lead crews the best out of anyone.

3. Pierce is definitely best for coach. Period, again he's got an established record of making great players amazing, and he needs to be a resource that the crew utilizes. That said be confering with Inui because Inui's data about the other players is gonna be an amazing resource when choosing where to concentrate on coaching.

That's my take on this, so cut the drama guys, cause honestly, tension between us is the best way for us to actually lose this. We could lose valuable resources because of drama (teammakes, coach, captains, whatever). We could have somebody put themselves in a position they can't win because they wanna prove they can when somebody else would be safer. We could have people not play their best because they're sapped of desire to win because of the drama. We could have captains making regionally biased decisions because of the drama ("he can take m2k").

Don't let AN lose because of petty in-fighting, so let's do this ****... for Atlantic North.

Also, I should be on the crew

lol, yea j/k

Inui

Banned via Warnings
2. Inui should be lead captain, he may come off as arrogant, but he's definitely got it where it counts. He's great with data and he understands the players that the crew will be facing far better then anyone else in AN (I consider this well proven, but I can cite a specific example from this thread), I think we can trust him to lead crews the best out of anyone.

3. Pierce is definitely best for coach. Period, again he's got an established record of making great players amazing, and he needs to be a resource that the crew utilizes. That said be confering with Inui because Inui's data about the other players is gonna be an amazing resource when choosing where to concentrate on coaching.
Too bad I'm not cute, cuddly, and popular, so the fact that I have an incredible amount of data and happen to be a brilliant tactician doesn't mater, lololololol.

Flower Avatar

Smash Cadet
Too bad I'm not cute, cuddly, and popular, so the fact that I have an incredible amount of data and happen to be a brilliant tactician doesn't mater, lololololol.
No, but you're rash, and an Idiot. If you get in a pinch, you choke, and you're decision making ability is primarily based on bias. The reason it turns out well locally, is because you live in New ****ing Jersey. We're all broken. Any random 10 out of NJs top 25 could easily take any powered region to 6 stocks.

When **** actually comes down to it, you're too much paper and pencil. Things don't play out like Fire***Emblem. You don't know how personality can affect a match. You don't know who on what coast can **** talk another a player into a mental submission, and you certainly don't know which of our players can really tune that **** out.

You don't even know habits. ****, Ksizzle is a better choice. He knows habits, more than xplayer is good against xcharacter.

****, I **** snakes, but I lose to Ally. Or you **** TL, but lost to Jerm. (johnjohnjohnjohn)

Your attitude of late shows how fragile you are at decision making. One or two things in your life are going south, and you're straight castrating the friendships you've STRUGGLED to make in the last 5 years. That's right. All your friendships have no balls. ew.

On another note, My Link beat Zucco today. :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No, but you're rash, and an Idiot. If you get in a pinch, you choke, and you're decision making ability is primarily based on bias. The reason it turns out well locally, is because you live in New ****ing Jersey. We're all broken. Any random 10 out of NJs top 25 could easily take any powered region to 6 stocks.

When **** actually comes down to it, you're too much paper and pencil. Things don't play out like Fire***Emblem. You don't know how personality can affect a match. You don't know who on what coast can **** talk another a player into a mental submission, and you certainly don't know which of our players can really tune that **** out.

You don't even know habits. ****, Ksizzle is a better choice. He knows habits, more than xplayer is good against xcharacter.

****, I **** snakes, but I lose to Ally. Or you **** TL, but lost to Jerm. (johnjohnjohnjohn)

Your attitude of late shows how fragile you are at decision making. One or two things in your life are going south, and you're straight castrating the friendships you've STRUGGLED to make in the last 5 years. That's right. All your friendships have no balls. ew.

On another note, My Link beat Zucco today. :D
LMAO you couldn't possibly be more wrong with all of those random problems you think I somehow have in terms of player knowledge. ~_~ You're so ****ing stupid, dude. I have no idea why you make such assumptions.

Btw I ***** Jerm in two MMs after I lost that one while playing badly, lol.

Flower Avatar

Smash Cadet
LMAO you couldn't possibly be more wrong with all of those random problems you think I somehow have in terms of player knowledge. ~_~ You're so ****ing stupid, dude. I have no idea why you make such assumptions.

Btw I ***** Jerm in two MMs after I lost that one while playing badly, lol.
I beat Ally in a MM after he ***** me in tourney. It's the first time that counts.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I did the second and third MMs with him on Sunday, not Saturday. He beat me on Saturday when I wasn't able to powershield, and if you can't powershield against Toon Link, you can't win.
So that's your secret for ****** Toon Link (Or one of them, at least). Good to know.

Albert.

Smash Master

lmfao at this.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I did the second and third MMs with him on Sunday, not Saturday. He beat me on Saturday when I wasn't able to powershield, and if you can't powershield against Toon Link, you can't win.
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
John
Legit
Legit
Legit
Legit
Legit
Legit
Legit
Legit
Legit

Go fight TL when not able to Powershield, you will get destroyed if the TL knows what there doing. TL is like S tier when the opponent isn't Powershielding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom