• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[AT] ZLedge Boost

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Before v. 1.0.4 an AT was discovered with tether users, called Rocket Jump or Boost jump or something like that. This is the vid to it:

I expected it to be removed from the game after a balance patch, and it sort of was. I was fixed. We still get the boost from it, but now it doesn't launch us into blast zone area, just gives us a small boost onto the stage without any lag at all:

The way to do it is to jump towards the ledge, and as you're getting there try to tether onto it. Right as your tether latches onto the ledge cancel it by pressing down. If done right the tether will cancel and you'll get a minor boost which will deposit you on stage.

While testing this with @ Zane the pure Zane the pure , he got a slightly different result. He was thrown backwards a considerable distance and regained his double jump. This AT needs to be explored further for sure, specially as to how to obtain both results.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I believe this AT was already in 1.0.3, but we haven't really explored it's possibilities until now. I've tried rocket jumping before the patch, and I've only gotten it once. The timing seems pretty strict, but not as strict as ZLedge-Boosting, which I've ended up getting many times.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
This is great. I think this is something they left for us to use on purpose, like Link's Bair being the only toss-cancelable move left in the game. Good to see that the dev team aren't completely against ATs. :)

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
This is great. I think this is something they left for us to use on purpose, like Link's Bair being the only toss-cancelable move left in the game. Good to see that the dev team aren't completely against ATs. :)
Links back-air does not have item toss cancel. It's just because bair autocancels really quickly and has little to landing lag anyway. IZAC Nair > Bomb is still very potent on Link. Can't say same about Tink though his Nair has so much landing lag now...

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Links back-air does not have item toss cancel. It's just because bair autocancels really quickly and has little to landing lag anyway. IZAC Nair > Bomb is still very potent on Link. Can't say same about Tink though his Nair has so much landing lag now...
Yeah I was fooled pretty hard into believing it did. My bad for spreading false info. Still, it looks and feels exactly like an item toss cancel, only better because you can throw the bomb in any direction rather than just in front of you. I call it "false toss canceling". False toss cancel Bair> Bthrow bomb should be a thing.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I believe this AT was already in 1.0.3, but we haven't really explored it's possibilities until now. I've tried rocket jumping before the patch, and I've only gotten it once. The timing seems pretty strict, but not as strict as ZLedge-Boosting, which I've ended up getting many times.
Well, even if it did exist and we weren't paying attention, it would a good idea to start paying attention to it know. It may come in really handy.

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
You could toss cancel in any direction by buffering the direction then pressing down B. Albeit, it was a little diffiicult.
Toon Boards agree'd to call it "Multi-Directional Bomb Lag Cancel" or MDBLC.
I dunoo, BLC just sounds cooler than Item Toss Cancel IMO. Not that it matters now >.<

Top Bottom