• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At what point are there too many characters in SSB4?

Can there be too many Smash Characters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Can there be too many characters? Yes. But 55-65? That's nowhere near too many.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The only problem I'd/I'll have with a 50+ roster is that it'll take forever to unlock achievements involving every character like All-star mode and such. But other then that, the roster can be as big as it wants to for all I care.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Unlocking is a pain with larger casts, but I don't think there can be too many characters...

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
I think a roster size between 50 and 55 is ideal. In my opinion the most important thing is that each character is true to there origin, and in my opinion Smash Bros. does this wonderfully. I want to always feel like I'm actually embodying the character that I select, in other words when I select Kirby I feel like I'm playing as Kirby, not a "fighting game" version of Kirby. As long as Smash Bros. remains consistent in that regard thenI think a large roster can only be positive.

Unlocking is a pain with larger casts, but I don't think there can be too many characters...
I love unlocking characters, its one of my absolute favorite things about the smash bros. series.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I think that if something happens in the game industry where more devs make games for Nintendo or vise versa (say the console market collapses because of the PC except for Nintendo because of it's exclusives/gimmicky controls or say Nintendo opts out of the console wars) then I see smash bros being diluted from its almost all-Nintendo roster more so than we have ever seen before. Yeah, there's a point when there are too many characters. Will we ever see that point? Probably not.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Until every character with a following by Nintendo is in, then no. There is a limit at some point though. Such as when we treat yellow toad and blue toad as different characters to fill up slots. The game also needs to be balanced. Until every majorly requested character is in, then no.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
I think a roster size between 50 and 55 is ideal. In my opinion the most important thing is that each character is true to there origin, and in my opinion Smash Bros. does this wonderfully. I want to always feel like I'm actually embodying the character that I select, in other words when I select Kirby I feel like I'm playing as Kirby, not a "fighting game" version of Kirby. As long as Smash Bros. remains consistent in that regard thenI think a large roster can only be positive.

I love unlocking characters, its one of my absolute favorite things about the smash bros. series.
agree on both fronts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom