• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASL on PM 3.0

redxslash

Smash Cadet
Would you mind explaining how you got it to work with 3.5? I would be eternally grateful.
I got ASL working for project m 3.5 using the exact method mewtwo_2000 posted in the first post. Make sure to follow his instructions step by step, take your time, and double check what you're doing. His method will move the project m 3.5 to new folders. Do not switch or delete any folders! It will be private>wii>app>rsbe. The folders are kept like that in order to re-route ASL to work for project m

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know about getting this to work in tandem with this Stage Expansion + Project M 3.5? I followed the steps correctly as far as I can tell, but when I go to use the ASL Tool it says I don't have the code in, and it won't let me add it either. When I push the "Add Code" button, it still says No Code. I don't know if this is actually being caused by the Stage Expansion code, but it's the only thing I've done to my gct so far.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Would you mind explaining how you got it to work with 3.5? I would be eternally grateful.
i literally did exactly what was said in the original post, except i had the gct for PM3.5 instead of 3.0. it seems to have kept the 3.5 code intact since allstar mode and all the new stamina mode possibilities haven't changed.
just put pm 3.5 in your sd card first, and then just follow the format here.:p

TheWarriorAtlas

Smash Rookie
It's not during the Level Select Screen, but the entire Project M that doesn't boot. When I enter the stage builder nothing happens, as if I hadn't inserted the SD card.
I used the .bat files that came with the download to move the P:M files, so I suposse that shouldn't be an issue
I'm having this exact same problem. I followed the steps exactly and I when I load brawl and go to the stage builder, nothing happens. Project M doesn't even open up.

Additional question, am I able to use to stages that require two different .rel files at the same time? Like if I have a STGFINAL_A that needs a PS2 rel and STGFINAL_B that needs a mushroom kingdom rel, how would that work?

EDIT: I managed to correct the problem. For the default project m 3.5 download, the private/wii/app/rsbe folder DOESN'T contain a pf/module folder. Put since I wanted to use custom stages, I have created one. So when i the pm to private.bat, it created and new folder line for private/wii/app/rsbe/st. By moving the st and pf folders manually to correct place, I fixed the issue.

HOWEVER, I now have an issue with game freezing upon selecting a stage lol. This seemed odd because all the other freeze issues I've read in this thread happens during a match, but mine freezes as soon as I select a stage. So will work on that later.

Second Edit: I discovered that this is related to my earlier question. It froze because I tried regular green hill zone with a palutena rel. Is there a work around for this or will I just have to be limited to stages having the same rel?

Last edited:

DAHypersonix1617

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo_2000 Mewtwo_2000 Does this still work on 3.6b?

EDIT: Just checked the code is in 3.6b lol. But how does it know which stage to load? Do I just go into my stages folder and name the STGFINAL_A, STGFINAL_B etc.?

Last edited:

DAHypersonix1617

Smash Rookie
I'm having this exact same problem. I followed the steps exactly and I when I load brawl and go to the stage builder, nothing happens. Project M doesn't even open up.

Additional question, am I able to use to stages that require two different .rel files at the same time? Like if I have a STGFINAL_A that needs a PS2 rel and STGFINAL_B that needs a mushroom kingdom rel, how would that work?

EDIT: I managed to correct the problem. For the default project m 3.5 download, the private/wii/app/rsbe folder DOESN'T contain a pf/module folder. Put since I wanted to use custom stages, I have created one. So when i the pm to private.bat, it created and new folder line for private/wii/app/rsbe/st. By moving the st and pf folders manually to correct place, I fixed the issue.

HOWEVER, I now have an issue with game freezing upon selecting a stage lol. This seemed odd because all the other freeze issues I've read in this thread happens during a match, but mine freezes as soon as I select a stage. So will work on that later.

Second Edit: I discovered that this is related to my earlier question. It froze because I tried regular green hill zone with a palutena rel. Is there a work around for this or will I just have to be limited to stages having the same rel?
There are .rel converters as well as sites that host .rel downloads for every possible .rel. I would give links but I'm not on my computer :'(

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Mewtwo_2000 Mewtwo_2000 Are you planning to update the tool to make Summit and Flat Zone alts fully work and disable buttons?

Last edited:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Hey, is there a way to make the thing work? I tried to post in more stages with Final Destination in it since I used the ASL Tool. I have the other stages working with them along with my BrawlEx fighters. Thing is that when I push Play, it heads back to the Wii menu.

Top Bottom