• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask me about Fox in Brawl.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Mike, do you really think that the Reflector is that much useless ofencively?

From my experience (about 15 hours of Gameplay with Fox), the "Shine" was really nerfed due to the removal of the WaveDash, but it is still very good. It has less range and a different timing, but I can see a lot of potential in it.
well that's the primary reason it's not useful anymore, is that you can't really do anything after it.

Could you give me the percentages that fox's Usmash kills each character.

Also, would you say fox can fight MK and pit well thanks to his upward kills? I mean, assuming we still wind up using Green Greens and Yoshi Story gets unbanned, he might be a great counter to them both since they die pretty easily off the top.

I don't know the exact, or even close percentages for upsmash kills, and it's hard to measure this since the way to test would be by up smashing a lot, at different percentages, but brawl makes repeated moves weaker every time, so it wouldn't be accurate.

In answer to your second question, i haven't played and MK's or Pits, so I don't have an accurate answer, but i don't see why it wouldn't kill floaties easier.

No use of Dash A, no use of Shine, no drillshine or fAir which is his best aerial. You short hop laser were too early and you shot too high. No use of dTilt into Aerial combo. No dSmash. No fTilt. No uTilt spam.
It was all just fSmash, uSmash, nAir and Blaster. You're not using his full array of moves and it's really too early for you to say Fox is no good. Give him more time and widen out your moveset. Check out my Fox video thread and you'll see what I mean. I don't think there's a move I don't use. bAir being least used since it's so much post-attack lag, despite its strength.

And shine is still as amazing as it was smash, in fact, it's better since you can repeated spam and now you don't have to cancel with your jump.

lol like i said nobody or nothing of relevance.

i'm not even going to respond to the rest of your post, i'll start at the first sentence where you attempt to bash my playing. "no drillshine."

... why would i drillshine when there are more useful things i can do out of a drill? I guess this really shows the level of your play.

Up tilts out of dair work great and are just generally the best choice of a move. You can usually land about two before they DI in front of you, and after that you can either..

A) downair again (if you time it right, i've seen mango do it), to uptilt.

B) Grab

C) Upsmash.

so please before you attempt to bash me for not "drillshining", try to remember that this is a different game, and even then i'm sure you didn't know what you were talking about in Melee.

Those videos were from my first day playing the game, so attempting to bash my play style is pretty much useless especially when I even stated (in my previous video thread) that i pretty much just spammed up smash out of shield/running smashes since, well, it pretty much worked lol.

But hey, you're the good player here, who am I to question it?

OH WAIT. :laugh:

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I just have one question for you haze~. Is it easier to short hop with Fox now or is he still one of the harder characters to utilize it well because he gets off the ground so fast?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
well i personally had trouble short hopping in Melee, it's just all about practice to get things down, i'm sure if you're having trouble with it, i'm sure you can get it down consistently with less than an hour of practice

CurryLad

Smash Cadet
After brawl is released here, in a month most opinioins about fox will probably change. With time new techniques will be found. I hated fox in melee until i learned how to wave dash. Now ill probably hate fox again until some genius finds someway to destroy with him.

-Shion-

Smash Cadet
Same here^^^

I don't feel comfortable with any other character besides him.

I can fight with others, but just not as well as I can with Fox.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm a bit curious about his reflector. Is Fox capable of reflecting "Final smash" Projectiles?
Example: Diddy can shoot peanuts with neutral B, and can be reflected... but what about the peanuts from his FS? Can Fox reflect those, or does he take damage?

-Shion-

Smash Cadet
Im guessing that he can.

But if he can, it would be "cheap" in many people's minds.

So im gussing all FS's are not reflectable, but are dodgeable instead.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Hey Mike, is it possible for people to hit you out of up-tilt at low percentages? I played Brawl for the first time on Friday, and I tried the drill to up-tilt, but sometimes I would get hit out of the second uptilt, and the person wasn't even at higher percentages.

Oh, just in case anyone cares, I didn't really like brawl too much... kinda disappointed by it, it just doesn't feel like it can be as great as melee, but maybe I just need to play it more.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I'm a bit curious about his reflector. Is Fox capable of reflecting "Final smash" Projectiles?
i have no idea, sorry, i don't play with final smash on/items.

Hey Mike, is it possible for people to hit you out of up-tilt at low percentages? I played Brawl for the first time on Friday, and I tried the drill to up-tilt, but sometimes I would get hit out of the second uptilt, and the person wasn't even at higher percentages.
Yes, they can hit you, so try to space your down air in the back half of them, so they can't punish you, it's the same when hitting their shield, just space in the back half of them so they can't grab

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Sick of people saying he's a walking nerf! Hey Mike, do you think he'll stay in top? I say yes!

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Yes, they can hit you, so try to space your down air in the back half of them, so they can't punish you, it's the same when hitting their shield, just space in the back half of them so they can't grab
Hmm, I guess I didn't say it clear enough, but this is after I already drilled behind them and hit them with the first uptilt and am going for the second one at lower percentages. Am I timing it wrong if they are able to hit back before I get the second u-tilt out? I don't really know yet, since I only got to play the game for a little.

Laser_smasher

Smash Rookie
Is Fox really hard to short hop like he was in melee?

Is it easy to perform Short hop double lasers?

My first post on Smashboards!

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Hmm, I guess I didn't say it clear enough, but this is after I already drilled behind them and hit them with the first uptilt and am going for the second one at lower percentages. Am I timing it wrong if they are able to hit back before I get the second u-tilt out? I don't really know yet, since I only got to play the game for a little.
wow i guess my other post didn't post when i did it like 2 days ago lol.

they MIGHT be able to do something if they land after the first uptilt, i'm not 100% sure, they may be able to jab or something, but just to make sure that this is less likely, always make sure to space the down air on the back half of their shield/character, so theres a less chance of getting punished/shield grabbed

bluezaft

The True Zaft
hey mike haze, do any of fox's throws kill in sudden death? Important information to know for the Gamestop tournaments.

Top Bottom