• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamSTAB0i

Smash Rookie
For all the people who played the Japanese version before. Is it me or did the Lvl 9 CPUs get much better in the US version than in the Japanese version? They see so much smarter now x.x...

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Does Brawl run any updates when you first run it? And if so, what Firmware version where you using when you got the update?

Yes it has an update, but we were working with a friend's no-internet-access wii, so I have no clue as to the firmware version. Sorry.

kyumori82

Smash Rookie
How DO you unlock characters? All the 4 guides I've seen so far are wrong. Example; unlocking Toon Link by beating Classic with Link. It doesn't work. I tried it on easy/medium/hard. It just didn't work.... Can anyone tell me how to get the characters?

I've currently got:

Luigi - 22 brawls
Marth - 10 brawls i think
Falco - 100 man melee
Ness - I don't remember... it wasn't hard :S

--

Also, how do you unlock the other target tests?

--

Also, where are all the people on Wifi basic brawl? I've seen like, one person in about 10 attempts!
you can always check smashbros.com ... but they don't have everyone right now.. if you click on the character you want, some have a "how to unlock" button on their page..

kyumori82

Smash Rookie
1- do you get a trophy or sticker for having save data in your wii or on your gamecube memory card? if so, is this the only way to get it? (ex- pikmin trophy in ssbm -> for having pikmin save data on memory card)

2- when you take snapshots and save them, can you end up sending them to friends who don't have brawl? or can you only send snapshots to friends registered in your friend roster?

Thanks!

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Nerf means it changed. super armor is when someone hits you but u dont flinch at all and take no damage.

My game i ordered from gamestop will it be delivered to ME? or do i have to pick it up at UPS headquarters or wuteva? cuz i neva ordered from gamestop online b4... any answers.

if you have bought a game from gamestop.com pleez lemee noe..

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Correction: "Nerf" means it changed for the worse compared to the previous version of the game, as opposed to "buff" being changed for the better compared to the previous version.

Super Armor: You DO still take damage, but you don't flinch. Certain moves grant this ability to characters (such as Ike's up-B)

If you have overnight shipping for Gamestop, it should arrive today. They should have an order tracker for you to follow where your order is anyway...it should be delivered to you, personally.

Rikuo

Smash Cadet
How do you do the Codec thing with Snake? I've been standing around Shadow Moses Island with him and various characters but it hasn't showed up...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
How do you do the Codec thing with Snake? I've been standing around Shadow Moses Island with him and various characters but it hasn't showed up...

Try repeatedly pressing left-right-left-right on the d-pad with Snake on Shadow Moses. I got it to work yesterday.

Niblet

Smash Cadet
I beat classic on intense, got the crazy hand trophy. On my current play through, I encountered boths hands on the final battle. With only one stock left at that point, I lost. I've continued, but now am only fighting master hand. What is up with crazy hand? Will he ever reappear? Do I get anything for beating him?

CoquiMan

Smash Rookie
HEY GUYS! I'm playing event 14 in brawl, and I have to protect 6 pikmin when I only got 3 to start with, I can't pull them out of the ground either like you would do in a normal brawl fight. I just don't get the mission probably, I just don't know how to win it. Help?

Niblet

Smash Cadet
HEY GUYS! I'm playing event 14 in brawl, and I have to protect 6 pikmin when I only got 3 to start with, I can't pull them out of the ground either like you would do in a normal brawl fight. I just don't get the mission probably, I just don't know how to win it. Help?
I did that event two days ago. Yes you need six pikmin. You CAN pull them out of the ground. As soon as the match starts, rapidly tap B. You can pull them out from this spawn point. Now when using olimar, it is important to remember that moves like his fsmash and fowardB put the pikmin in potential danger. There are a few others. To be safe, try not to use moves involving Pikmin. Also sometimes the pikmin can desync with Olimar if you get thrown around too much.

When I did it, I had about two pikmin die somewhere along the way and had to pull out two new ones when my other four were almost mature. But yeah man, isn't THAT hard.

WarOnStage

Smash Rookie
HOw does air cancelling work? And what's that thing where you hop up before you hit the ground? And how does that work?

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I've got one. How do you delete or edit individual player names? The "Controls" menu only has an interface for adding them, not deleting, I can't find a mode for names specifically, and in "Erase Data" mode all there is is an option to totally delete ALL names and Vs. data.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
First post (:

Anyways, when does the game come out in Europe?
No one knows.

1- do you get a trophy or sticker for having save data in your wii or on your gamecube memory card? if so, is this the only way to get it? (ex- pikmin trophy in ssbm -> for having pikmin save data on memory card)
I haven't heard anyone getting anything for having some specific save file in your Wii.

Also, how do you unlock the other target tests?
By playing classic. Very hard with 2 characters or intense with 1 will unlock level 5, hard with 2 chars or very hard with 1 will unlock level 4 and so on. This is what is what gamefaqs suggests. I myself just played it trough with intense and got them all. You can use as many continues as you wish.

What do gardevoir and bonsley do?
Gardevoir reflects projectiles and bonsley is like a walking item which has a huge knockback when thrown.

Okay, I've got one. How do you delete or edit individual player names? The "Controls" menu only has an interface for adding them, not deleting, I can't find a mode for names specifically, and in "Erase Data" mode all there is is an option to totally delete ALL names and Vs. data.
Multiplayer -> down right corner and you can see "Names" there.

ZidaneK13

Smash Rookie
I kow i can probably find this in the forum but how do i get sonic, toon link, jiggs, and wolf on SSE?

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
If you do something in Brawl that supposedly unlocks more than one character/stage etc does it unlock them at the same time?

For instance, if I played classic mode on medium as Link, without any continues, and beat it in under 12 minutes, would I unlock:

Toon Link (and The Great Sea)
Captain Falcon
Marth
Luigi

all at the same time?

Or would I have to do them all seperately?

thebombguy

Smash Rookie
Um hie, long time reader, first time poster...
So the only reason I'm not playing Brawl right now is because I've been getting a disc read error. I assume this is because the reading lens needs to be very clean to read the special dual disc that is Smash Bros. Brawl. My question is, is there any way I can clean the lens myself, or am I going to have to send it to Nintendo or a "VCR Doctor" type to get it cleaned?

If there is a way I could clean it myself, or if someone would like to fill me in on how exactly the Nintendo maintenance works, or if you think it might be another error, I'd love if you'd help me out.

Thanks in advance.

thebombguy

Smash Rookie
In response to the post above mine, no, it doesn't work like that, sorry. I don't know which unlockable trumps which, but you can't get more than 1 character at a time.

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
Um hie, long time reader, first time poster...
So the only reason I'm not playing Brawl right now is because I've been getting a disc read error. I assume this is because the reading lens needs to be very clean to read the special dual disc that is Smash Bros. Brawl. My question is, is there any way I can clean the lens myself, or am I going to have to send it to Nintendo or a "VCR Doctor" type to get it cleaned?

If there is a way I could clean it myself, or if someone would like to fill me in on how exactly the Nintendo maintenance works, or if you think it might be another error, I'd love if you'd help me out.

Thanks in advance.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=150846

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
What is the CD that is to the left of sand bag and to the right of the Animal Crossing character, and how do I unlock it? I'm using the Japanese version and it's the only thing I haven't unlocked as far as songs go.

Next question: is there a source online for trophy unlocking?

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I believe if you go in Group. There's an option on the bottom right that says "Names".
Hope that helped. :)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
one quick question. i don't have the game, and i was wondering if you can change the amount of stock you have if you are playing a stamina match. i've seen the editable stamina, but no matches with stock, and i'm getting kinda worried...

please pm me an answer whoever answers, because i'll probably miss it in this thread, thanks. (and i don't mind receiving multiple pm's if your afraid someone already sent me the answer)

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
With stickers what is the difference between Specials: Direct and Specials: Indirect?
And if you have an arm attack of 10, and a leg attack of 10, than would a leg and arm sticker of 11 cancel them both out or add 11 to both?

kyumori82

Smash Rookie

2- when you take snapshots and save them, can you end up sending them to friends who don't have brawl? or can you only send snapshots to friends registered in your friend roster?

Thanks!

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I have a problem gettin online for the wifi matches. it keeps saying error. its sad really, i still havent had a chance to try wifi mode yet
I had errors yesterday too. It would say either disconnected or error.

I tried this morning and it worked. I only played one With Anyone match.

Yesterday I played a bunch of With Friends matches.

Try updating your Wii.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I have gotten seemingly random smashball activations when i get KO'd. Is this random? the smash ball power doesnt seem to be able to to knocked out of the person with it and it spawns with the character. I have gotten this with R.O.B. and dedede

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I have gotten seemingly random smashball activations when i get KO'd. Is this random? the smash ball power doesnt seem to be able to to knocked out of the person with it and it spawns with the character. I have gotten this with R.O.B. and dedede
This is what people call the "Pity Smash" If you're losing in a game, the game will pay you back by giving you a free Final Smash upon respawning. So it's not random.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
How do you unlock everyone (especially Sonic, Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff)?

Also, I hear that the horrendous lag in online mode exists because Nintendo hasn't set up the North American servers yet. Izzat true?

Hikarihoshi

Smash Cadet
When trying to unlock characters by VS match, does online and offline matches count or only offline?

Thanks.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
what buttons do you specifically mash to get out of a grab?

Do you have to press perpendicular on the joystick and a direction on your c-stick to do normal DI? (like recovering from a forward smash?)

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Hope this is the right place for this. I don't want to make a thread for THIS XD

This is a picture of Sakurai and Uematsu, but who's the guy on the right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom