• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
I’ve heard that hackers found Roy and other character’s incomplete data in Brawl. Are these claims just rumors?
yes, data for roy, mewtwo, pulsie and minun, dixie kong, tetra and toon shiek has been found. they are called the forbidden 7.

Is there a way to tell how many infractions you have (or if you even have any)? If I have it right, you get six infractions and you're Banned, correct?
yes, your infractions should be listed at the bottom of your user cp page. and it is 6 points to a ban.

Sino

Smash Journeyman
I have a guestion about DI'ing to survive(and some for some characters)

If i'm right this is the right thing to do if you DI:
- Horizontal knockback: C-StickDI(towards the stage and corner) while being hit and in hitstun, then do a NormalDI(towards the stage and corner), then do a attack* that slows your momentum and to jump faster, finally jump towards the stage.

-vertical knockback: C-StickDI(towards the stage and corner) while being hit and in hitstun, then do a NormalDI(towards the stage and corner), then do a attack* that slows your momentum.

*This is different for each character. For MK it's Uair(You can jump faster out of this than Dair) for horizontal knockback and Dair for vertical knockback. For Kirby it's Bair/Uair/SideSpecial?? for horizontal knockback and Dair/DSpecial?? for vertical knockback. And for Lucario it's Dair for both.

Is this all right or am I confused and do it all wrong????

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
Where is the random stage switch? I can make it so the stage is always random, but in melee, I remember being able to choose what stages can appear. I remember being in this area for brawl, but now I cannot get there again. Help!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
ATTACK OF THE NUBBERY:
Smash DIing toward Zelda's Fsmash and down into Pikachu's dmash is wrong, right?

How should I properly do it.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Where is the random stage switch? I can make it so the stage is always random, but in melee, I remember being able to choose what stages can appear. I remember being in this area for brawl, but now I cannot get there again. Help!
I believe that it is on the bottom of the list when you click the bar that shows your current match options, under "Additional Rules" or something along that sort. There will be a choice for Random Stage Selection. If it is not there, then you have yet to unlock it.

Also, is there anyway to make the time stay at GMT-7? It will stay there temporary when I change it, then the page will reload and the time will be off. I am always either an hour ahead or behind, and the correct option will not stay.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Wondering.

ATTACK OF THE NUBBERY:
Smash DIing toward Zelda's Fsmash and down into Pikachu's dmash is wrong, right?

How should I properly do it.
I do not know about the majority of you, but I do many things without taking the time to think what I am doing. I cannot say which way you DI now, but while playing, I have no problem with it. But I am wondering: if you have the time to think about which direction to press when seeing the attack, could you not just dodge it?

kr3wman

Smash Master
I do not know about the majority of you, but I do many things without taking the time to think what I am doing. I cannot say which way you DI now, but while playing, I have no problem with it. But I am wondering: if you have the time to think about which direction to press when seeing the attack, could you not just dodge it?
You DI when you are hit by the attack. You try to dodge before it hits you.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys. I know this sounds wierd but I didn't want to waste a thread: Why is everyone so obsessed about Geno? I see so many people wishing he was in Brawl. So, what's the big deal?

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Hi guys. I know this sounds wierd but I didn't want to waste a thread: Why is everyone so obsessed about Geno? I see so many people wishing he was in Brawl. So, what's the big deal?
He was a character from Mario RPG and like everyone loved him

ok, I know this is a stupid question, but I've searched and found no answer. How do you tech?
Here is the link to the Dojo page... Its called Ukemi and its the first technique.

How do you make a word so that it redirects to a url
Like in wikepedia
There is a button when you go advanced with a post that has a little globe and a little bracket so you highlight what world you want to make it "redirectable" and click said button and put the Url

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
You DI when you are hit by the attack. You try to dodge before it hits you.
Yes, I understand that, but do you think through all the techniques in the middle of a fight? The most I usually do is remember a attack I have neglected for a time.

lionhart99

Smash Rookie
Ok this might sound super noob but i honestly can't find the answer anywhere:

When you are entering text in your online profile or comments box, how do you input spaces between words? (there are 3 pages of letters, numbers and symbols but the SPACE is not there!!)

Thanks in advance :D

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
ok, I know this is a stupid question, but I've searched and found no answer. How do you tech?
Teching is actually quite simple: It's hitting your shield button (L or R) after you get hit and your're in your hitstun animation. Hit R or L right as you make contact with the ground, wall, or ceiling during your hitstun animation to do a roll (on the ground, and this roll can be controlled like a regular shield roll) or spring off the surface (wall or ceiling).

It does take practice, however, and that's what the Training mode is for!

L__

Smash Master
If you hit L or R, you have a 20 frame window in which you have the time to hit the ground or wall. By the time the 20 frame window expires, you cannot hit the L or R button for the next consecutive 40 frames. (Next and Consecutive paired is redundant, I know.)

Feocart

Smash Apprentice
(Not Brawl related, again) How do I create a gif? (What programs do I use to create a gif?)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
2 questions...

1. If you do all-star co-op, does that count towards "beat all star with all characters" and challenges like that?

2. Are there any trophies (outside of character specfics; ie. Classic mode, capturing baddies via SSE) that aren't availible in the Coin Launcher? Any stickers?

Neo Metal Sonic

Smash Cadet
1. Yes, it does count.

2. Yes, there are. Those are trophies and stickers you must unlock in "Challenges" i.e. Liquid Snake (trophy) or Running Cibi-Robo (sticker)

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Question: What type do I open it with? My computer cannot find an archive to open it with. Do I open it with WinRAR, if not, what do I open it with?
If it's a zipped file and it appears on your desktop, you should be able to right-click on the folder. Go to "7-Zip" --> "Extract Files" and click. It should be able to be opened now. If this doesn't work or it's not zipped, let me know.

I would like if know if Fire Fox, Fire Bird and Fire Wolf have KO potential and in which % can they kill (let's say Mario on the center of Final Destination2). Please.
Yes, they have KO potential. I don't exactly remember how much percent damage you need, but I think it'd have to be over 100.

Feocart

Smash Apprentice
@Sly Fox: I took a new approach to this, I downloaded SWiSH.

I need help uploading/organizing videos to SWiSH, do you know how I can use a video (say, from Youtube, and upload it to SWiSH?)

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
I would like if know if Fire Fox, Fire Bird and Fire Wolf have KO potential and in which % can they kill (let's say Mario on the center of Final Destination2). Please.
I know that those moves can KO, because I've KOed with them in Sudden Death. Since someone said at around 100%, I'd say 150% or so. It probably differs, because I'm pretty sure Fire Fox / Fire Bird KO at a lower percent than Fire Wolf, because I've KOed with the kick from Fire Wolf at 170% or so at SmashVille, from the middle of the stage to the top of the stage.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
What's better to stop Sonic's momentum when sent flying. DI+Fair or a DI+Double Jump?

Top Bottom