• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Denzi

Smash Master
Yeah, it's a bit more complicated for those of us with TJ on. I DI the right way: Perpendicular to the standard trajectory of the move I'm hit with. Ideally anyway.

yeah that isn't good. you have to learn to just hold up after every move you do, or ANY chance you think you could be punished. I'm telling you, you'll see a TREMENDOUS difference in your survival game. GIGANTIC
You still do not want to DI up when you get hit by luigi's fsmash :3 It kills you at an amazing 70%.

Yeah, it's a bit more complicated for those of us with TJ on. I DI the right way: Perpendicular to the standard trajectory of the move I'm hit with. Ideally anyway.
My DI is based on repeatition. I DI up most attacks on reaction, except for a few notable ones that I get hit with a lot such as Pikachu's Dsmash. Still cannot DI that thing correctly to get out without knockback /:

Denzi

Smash Master
My DI is based on repeatition. I DI up most attacks on reaction, except for a few notable ones that I get hit with a lot such as Pikachu's Dsmash. Still cannot DI that thing correctly to get out without knockback /:
For Pika's Dsmash you have to Double Stick SDI up (iirc).

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah Srsly, its such a useless move because of SDI, I take like 4 damage, reset spacing, and be like "kthx"

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Lol pikas dsmash is easy to get out of with just normal upwards DI. If you want to be faster you can just use 2 sticks, I normally use my cstick for SDI and normal stick for normal DI (just incase i miss the sdi timing), and tech asap. ezmoad

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Falco is anything you want him to be my friend, you can play extremely gay and run and camp with lasers all day, or you can get in your opponents face and pressure him with your quick attacks, aerials, and grab game.

Oreos

Smash Apprentice
Are we talking about the same thing? What I'm talking about is the two banana lock across the stage. I probably just said it wrong.
yeah that's not dribbling dribbling is when you throw it down slide backwards and pick it back up and you can keep doing it over and over. anybody can do banana locks.... as long as you have the two banana's you could probably do a single nana lock like how diddy does it. jump>z(drop nana)>fast fall dair(picking up the nana after it bounces off them) rinse and repeat. Seeing as how our dair is ten times better than diddy's.

Denzi

Smash Master
yeah that's not dribbling dribbling is when you throw it down slide backwards and pick it back up and you can keep doing it over and over. anybody can do banana locks.... as long as you have the two banana's you could probably do a single nana lock like how diddy does it. jump>z(drop nana)>fast fall dair(picking up the nana after it bounces off them) rinse and repeat. Seeing as how our dair is ten times better than diddy's.
I already knew we could do that, I just didn't know if the "across the stage" one was possible.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
well I just meant primarily this will help, since a majority of the moves that will kill are horizontal or have a lot of horizontal influence in them. Obviously if you see someone charging an upsmash you don't want to hold up, and instead hold towards the farthest blast zone, but a rule of thumb for me is just to hold up.

coen4

Smash Rookie
helper i am? lol

ZomG how does I doo that combo where u doo a dash atack then a upsmash reelly fast???!1/!?//1?!??!
ummmm just as soon as u finished doing ur dash attk use the c-stick up to do it and it will only work if they dont have like massive persents so they dont go flying =P peace

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I've seen some recent vids where when a char is approaching with just a dash, rather than just dashing towads you they dash the other way first, then immediately dash towards you again, just wondering what are the effects of doing that and how it would help Falco.

Oreos

Smash Apprentice
seems more like asking to get punished then trying to mindgame people especially when you trip into something like snakes f smash or ganons utilt lolol.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Idk, I think it adds an air of legitimancy, so you can get some ppl to be like, "oh **** this guys is doing tricks with dash he must be so pro I CANT WIN!!!11" or something like that.

Jon?

Smash Champion
If I saw someone doing that, I'd be like "Oh sh*t he's doing tricks with dash, why is he being flashy in Brawl? I'm gonna win."

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I've seen some recent vids where when a char is approaching with just a dash, rather than just dashing towads you they dash the other way first, then immediately dash towards you again, just wondering what are the effects of doing that and how it would help Falco.
When in the initial dash animation you cannot shield.
By dashing backward then forward you can technically shield sooner (by "sooner" I mean "farther from the opponent").

Might not be the main reason though, but since you didn't say which character(s) were used that's the only reason I can think of.

And maybe it can help Falco I don't know, I don't think his dash animation is that long.

PS : the FalcoN boards are discussing the Falco matchup right now, and strongly need more Falcos' point of view, so if you feel like sharing your matchup experience against Falcon (if you have any) you are welcome.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
I keeps hearing about a "curving firefalcon" that gets sround the edge of FD.

It involves DI'ing during the startup and changing direction during the first few frames? (or something).

Help? How do I do this? or does it exist at all?

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I keeps hearing about a "curving firefalcon" that gets sround the edge of FD.

It involves DI'ing during the startup and changing direction during the first few frames? (or something).

Help? How do I do this? or does it exist at all?
Angle the control stick diagonally up-left or up-right.

Actually, you angle it inbetween simply up and diagonally up. Falco doesn't get THAT much help from this since his FireFalco is short anyway but there ya go.:sonic:

Random question from what happened earlier. I was playing Holy on wifi and managed to footstool him and Bair him. Is that just because rob has a horrible Footstool animation, or does this work on multiple characters?

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
Angle the control stick diagonally up-left or up-right.

Actually, you angle it inbetween simply up and diagonally up. Falco doesn't get THAT much help from this since his FireFalco is short anyway but there ya go.:sonic:
Is that really all?

I've been doing that forever, but I thought there was something where you could curve it, sorta like Lucario's extremespeed. (just not curving as much.)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Is that really all?

I've been doing that forever, but I thought there was something where you could curve it, sorta like Lucario's extremespeed. (just not curving as much.)
Well, it's not really as curvable as Extremespeed, but if you have the stick between diagonal and straight up, you'll go slightly to the side.

You get 16 possible angles of attack out of it. Each one straight. Never curves in the slightest. The extra angles simply help get out of a situation where the standard 8 might have killed you.

jinkogunai

Smash Apprentice
i dont know if this has been asked, but can falco's reflector get hit back at him? and if so, does it do damage to him?

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Falco's reflector can multiply the damage of another projectile coming at you if you time it wrong.

Strong melee attacks hitting at the right time can do it too.

But, yeah, it doesn't exactly get "reflected" back at him.

awesomeolion

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to SHDL in such a way that the second laser hits metaknight?
I can SHDL with both lasers going over Metaknight, and I can SHL and hit metaknight...But i can't seem to SHDL and hit metaknight. Am I just doing it wrong?

Jon?

Smash Champion
If you silent laser or close to silent laser the second hit, you'll hit a MK. It's just all about the timing.

J4pu

Smash Champion
somebody made an awesome diagram for fixing SHDL problems, it needs to be somewhere where everybody can find it easily.

wait longer before you do the first laser in SHDL if the 2nd laser is shooting too high, if the second laser isnt coming out at all then wait less time before shooting the first laser.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
when your grabbing a ledge, how do you jump down then up, then laser the person on stage?

J4pu

Smash Champion
press down (or away from the stage)
then jump up
then laser

lol, you basically said how to do it in your post
preferably you want to input a toward the stage command in their during your jump before your laser so that you land on the stage.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
press down (or away from the stage)
then jump up
then laser

lol, you basically said how to do it in your post
preferably you want to input a toward the stage command in their during your jump before your laser so that you land on the stage.
Okay (Oh wow) lolz thanks

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
When Falco tries to phantasm to the stage, and you get hit out of it by a projectile such as fireballs or blasters, whats the best way to get back?

Top Bottom