• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Gymclass_Hero

Smash Cadet
How do Pikmin die? EX: I'm standing still and i have 6 pikmin and bowser uses his flame breath, will all that are not red die instantly? What if the pikmin are not under my control? What if someuses a basic A attack on them? What exactly kills them?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
How do Pikmin die? EX: I'm standing still and i have 6 pikmin and bowser uses his flame breath, will all that are not red die instantly? What if the pikmin are not under my control? What if someuses a basic A attack on them? What exactly kills them?
im prety sure the only way pikmin die is if you throw them of the stage

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I could SD off the top of the screen in the original with Kirby from the top of Hyrule Castle.

From my understanding, as of WHobby, the c-stick is used to do tilts now. Has this changed?

Seven Sinner

Smash Rookie
Actually I have a question not directly about the game, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I heard some stuff about stores staying open till midnight the day before Halo3's release, so does anyone know if Video game stores are gonna do that for Brawl?

Space Gibbon

Smash Rookie
Ike in SSE

About the game - don't read if you don't want the plot of SSE slightly spoiled.

I can't find a statue of Ike in the Luigi-Dedede-Ness level or in the Kirby level. I've played through both several times but he's not playable in the other levels so I must have missed him. Anyone know where he is?

SirPsychoMantis

Smash Apprentice
How exactly does the "shake smash" work with the wiimote + nunchuck combo? How easy / useful is it?

No one seems to want to answer this question...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
How long does the SSE take to finish usually, including the one hour of cutscenes?
If you rush through it knowing exactly what to do and do not view the cutscenes, it'd still take a good 3-4 hours. Some stages are even scrolling. You cannot run faster than the scroll (you will die), forcing you to always take at least X minutes to finish them.

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
How exactly does the "shake smash" work with the wiimote + nunchuck combo? How easy / useful is it?

No one seems to want to answer this question...
Doubt the sensitivity
Doubt the usefulness
And it is not chargable.

to my limited knowlege, you can kill pikmins that are not directly following Olimar (the ones thrown or lag behind for any reason).

Enfilade

Smash Cadet
Can you turn items off or change settings in any way for online play or are you stuck with 2 minute matches with everything turned on?

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
No, the 41 doesn't count stage builder stages, although I think it does count each version of Mushroomy Kingdom as a seperate stage.
No, actually both Mushroomy Kingdom stages are counted as the same. If you count the second stage then there are 42 stages.

Of course, counting stage builder, there are nearly an infinite amount of stages possible.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Can you turn items off or change settings in any way for online play or are you stuck with 2 minute matches with everything turned on?
With Anyone, you vote on a stage and item set and the system chooses one at random. The game is always 2 min time match.

With Friends, you can set anything you want, just like a normal match.

Pit_y

Smash Cadet
Ok then, quick question.

Besides the different colors, is there any other difference between Peach's and Daisy's dresses?
For example... In melee, Daisy had short gloves, and her brooch and earrings had a flower shape. Also, the dress design was completely different from Peach's.
So, to put it in other words, is Daisy's alternate color more than just an alternate color?

ConeZone

Smash Ace
to super sik bro, there is no better, it depends on what style you like the best. If I had to pick one to use, I would take Wolf. He is remarkably powerful, and his slightly different move set from fox will throw people off.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
It just really depends on what you like
If you like that fast, always top tier speed play choose Fox
If you want a similar play, but slower or more aerial oriented choose Falco
If you want all this, but with -speed and +strength, pick Wolf

Also my own question; How does the wii+ nunchuck play? Does it have a chance in compettitive play?

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
What can you do out of shield release? In Melee, you could only do anything you could do while shielding (unless you powershield) but people seem to be able to act quicker. Is it just shorter all around?

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Alright, here's a quick question, anyone know when Gamestop is getting the Brawl demos?

pirkid

Smash Lord
Ok then, quick question.

Besides the different colors, is there any other difference between Peach's and Daisy's dresses?
For example... In melee, Daisy had short gloves, and her brooch and earrings had a flower shape. Also, the dress design was completely different from Peach's.
So, to put it in other words, is Daisy's alternate color more than just an alternate color?
No, IIRC all that changes are the colors.

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
How many stages can you build on stage builder..... and how much space is 1 stage each?
I would also like to know this as well...

Also, my question is, does anyone know which stage plays the Golden Sun - Battle Remix music....or if it is just a song exclusive to custom stages....

Thanks in advance for any answers!

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Okay, i have to date watched nearly every single brawl Ness video on the internet(or at least everyone i can find...with a lot of help from Jman). I have noticed something, and it is something i would like to test but given that i'm in America, i don't really have that opportunity. Ness' back-throw. One of my favorite killing moves from melee. There is a lot of talk about it not so much being nerfed, but of it throwing more vertically than horizontally. And i can see where you're coming from, in the first few videos i saw, it threw them up at about a 60 degree angle, which can be good for KOing off the top but not very practical for the sides. But as i watched more and more videos i noticed that the angle of throw was very VERY different sometimes, getting down well past the 45 degree mark, and throwing almost completely horizontal backwards(like 10-20 degrees). If anyone with a controller, an option to go into training and about 5 minutes on their hands can test to see if there is a way to control this angle(or if this is just the mad hope of a die-hard Ness main), that would be greatly appreciated by me. I'll still use Ness regardless of course.

Top Bottom