• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Solid the thing is that Pikachu now is a soft counter to those characters, and as said before Marth can't be CGed. I believe that characters like Wolf Falco Dedede and probably some more, can be chaingrabbed to kill percents from 0%. This basically makes them "unviable" on the blind pick, thus eliminating some of Marth's bad matchups. It also means an increase of Pika's, and Marth is a counter to the little rat so it works in our favor.
Btw i have been away for a week, has anything big happened?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
And Jigglypuff can rest out of it. Other characters with quick moves can punish it. I think Snake can grenade through it. You rarely want to use it unless they don't expect it and its far spacing.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Lighter characters can DI out of it.
Best used at lower percents.

On another note, I db spiked someone last night. It wasn't as strong as I'd thought it'd be. :c
Actually all characters can DI out of it with SDI, and such we can get punished for using it. It still ***** shields tho =D

Haha DB spiking is useless in brawl, although its fun when it hits.

Sprinkles

Smash Rookie
The only way I can seem to win with Marth is fsmashing. I realize this is cheap, and I get hit really hard by Stale Move Negation. Can you give me some advice on how to mix it up?

H4XGD

Smash Rookie
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest, how hard do you guys think it would be for me to start maining Marth? How long do you think it would take?

NOTE: I'm not expecting (nor really wanting) Marth to be as easy to just pick up and play right off the bat as GW, I just want to know a general difficulty so I can weigh him against other options.

Vitamin_x

Smash Apprentice
The only way I can seem to win with Marth is fsmashing. I realize this is cheap, and I get hit really hard by Stale Move Negation. Can you give me some advice on how to mix it up?
You could replace the fsmash with dancing blade. You shouldn't be landing many fsmashes if your opponent is good.

how do u get real good wit marth?

yaaaa
Practice, watch pros, ask questions, etc.

ViCTORiOUSViC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
vmp5511
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest, how hard do you guys think it would be for me to start maining Marth? How long do you think it would take?

NOTE: I'm not expecting (nor really wanting) Marth to be as easy to just pick up and play right off the bat as GW, I just want to know a general difficulty so I can weigh him against other options.
yeah uh..it's 6 according to me and it will take a while
just play, practice, and learn the techniques

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
why do people use d-tilt on opponents on the edge when they know their opponent has sufficient invinsibility frames to get up and punish?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Because it pressures them and D-tilt has so little lag you can trap them into trying to edge attack you so that way if they get up like that you can shield to grab them. Otherwise, you can D-tilt them through their roll and repeat.

Top Bottom