• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

Zulo

Smash Ace
So I keep getting the "Your connection with the other players has been lost, returning to the main menu" or whatever. It only happens when I go to team battle or basic brawl with anyone. I can still brawl with friends and go to spectator mode.. But in the other modes I've gotten that error constantly for the past 3 days. Has this happened to anyone else before, and do you know what the problem might be? =/

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So I keep getting the "Your connection with the other players has been lost, returning to the main menu" or whatever. It only happens when I go to team battle or basic brawl with anyone. I can still brawl with friends and go to spectator mode.. But in the other modes I've gotten that error constantly for the past 3 days. Has this happened to anyone else before, and do you know what the problem might be? =/
Hm, I haven't been online in a while, and I can't check to see so right mow for myself, and since this appears to have just started occurring for you, it doesn't seem likely to be of cause by your connection. I believe that Nintendo is playing finicky with the servers again, that's all. If they troubles persist after the period of one week, then it could be something else that I'm uninformed of. I'm sorry if this doesn't help, but from your case, it looks like Nintendo is doing something again. This occurs randomly for me as well, but that's just connection being iffy. Does the match start, have about 20 seconds of screen-pause, and then disconnect to the menu?

Zulo

Smash Ace
Nah, I just sit in the waiting room for like 15 minutes then it disconnects. Every time. =/

I've heard of people getting "banned" from wifi with anyone, but I don't use hacks or DC rooms a lot or anything else that would warrant that, so it doesn't seem likely. Other people are obviously getting on -points to other threads in this part of the forum-... I guess I have no choice but to wait though I guess. Thanks for the response.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That happens to me sometimes as well, but not consistently. I recommend waiting through the week and seeing if the issue clears up. If not, I'll contact Nintendo myself to gain understanding of your issue.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Thanks guys. After reading those, my 3-day drought ended and I got in a group lol. Nintendo wifi is great huh.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I'm having so much trouble with my wi-fi recently. >< It's just lagging really bad for me now, against people I usually don't lag against and against anyone I meet in random wifi. It's just so random, I feel like my Wii has contracted a virus or something. -sigh-

Finny

Smash Apprentice
Do you happen to use a wavebird controller? Because the signals from that controller often cause wifi to lag badly. I don't think a lot of people are aware of this, so I thought I'd ask.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Nope, standard Wiichuck controllers. Weird that they would do that though, good to know.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Input delay or screen lag? How close is your Wii to your source of connection, or are you on a wired base?

Zulo

Smash Ace
Um input delay I think. It's just making the games run slower for both players, it's not a problem with the display. If that's what you mean.

My Wii is not too far away from my router. I get 4 bars on my laptop while standing right next to it. I usually have matches with less-than-noticable lag with some of my friends, almost like they were offline. I didn't move my Wii or change anything about my router, and everything's suddenly laggier. =/

Would it possibly help to erase some replays and other data? I have a lot of those, and custom stages. I've tried resetting my router a couple times, and tried setting a static IP etc. but that didn't work either.
I could try moving my Wii to a TV closer to my router, but since it's always had a good connection where it is now I don't see how that could be the problem.

The lag started right when I got my wifi working again, if you go back a page to where I posted about not being able to connect at all. So it's been like this awhile.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Um input delay I think. It's just making the games run slower for both players, it's not a problem with the display. If that's what you mean.
Okay.
My Wii is not too far away from my router. I get 4 bars on my laptop while standing right next to it. I usually have matches with less-than-noticable lag with some of my friends, almost like they were offline. I didn't move my Wii or change anything about my router, and everything's suddenly laggier. =/
Hmm. Any significant events pertaining to your connection happen around the day you started noticing this lag? What about the router?
Would it possibly help to erase some replays and other data? I have a lot of those, and custom stages. I've tried resetting my router a couple times, and tried setting a static IP etc. but that didn't work either. I could try moving my Wii to a TV closer to my router, but since it's always had a good connection where it is now I don't see how that could be the problem.
Vault and Custom Stage data shouldn't really be an issue when it comes to playing online. I'm also left in disbelief that it could be the distance in your current situation, especially if it's been running well all this time.
Is your connection running smoothly on every other device that requires the base connection? Like, laptops and such? Do they have longer loading times or anything of ideal attention?
The lag started right when I got my wifi working again, if you go back a page to where I posted about not being able to connect at all. So it's been like this awhile.
Was that the time where you couldn't connect to a Basic Brawl group at all and got disconnected from the server? If so, did this problem pop up randomly? Anything transpire around the time you were able to play Basic Brawl again? This could easily lead up to what's wrong as of now.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Hmm. Any significant events pertaining to your connection happen around the day you started noticing this lag? What about the router?
Not other than getting my wifi to work again. Can't think of anything that might have happened around the time I couldn't get my wifi to work either.
Vault and Custom Stage data shouldn't really be an issue when it comes to playing online. I'm also left in disbelief that it could be the distance in your current situation, especially if it's been running well all this time.
Is your connection running smoothly on every other device that requires the base connection? Like, laptops and such? Do they have longer loading times or anything of ideal attention?
Everything's loading fine on my laptop. My mom said she couldn't connect to the internet yesterday... But I didn't check what the problem was. At any rate, it's fixed for her computer now. I can't right now, but perhaps I could try connecting to wifi with another Wii game and see if it's laggy.
Was that the time where you couldn't connect to a Basic Brawl group at all and got disconnected from the server? If so, did this problem pop up randomly? Anything transpire around the time you were able to play Basic Brawl again? This could easily lead up to what's wrong as of now.
Yeah, that time. It was pretty random, yep. And it came back just as randomly. Something that might be noteworthy is that I still get that notification more than usual when I try to get on, like usually I get an error the first time I try and can connect to someone the second or third time. Also, I haven't gotten a group of four for some reason since this started, but I don't see how that could be related. Probably just a coincidence, I haven't been playing all that much because of the lag. Just checking every now and then and getting off.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hm, I don't really see what the problem could be. What service provider are you currently on? If you don't mind me asking such a thing.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Cox, and with a Linksys router.

It really is bizarre. ><
Lol, this appears to be something. I don't believe there's any true remedy for this if it's come up randomly from the clearing of another random event. Give it until this Friday, on the fifth, and if it doesn't clear up, I'll consult consumer service for Linksys. I don't really believe it's your service provider, from what I've read.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Argle fargle. Thanks for the help. I think I'm just going to let it rest for a few days, and if it comes to it I'm capable of contacting Linksys on my own, but thanks for the offer.

Edit: Rejoice, it's working laglessly again! -knocks on wood-

I will never understand.

Tulat

Smash Cadet
I have satellite internet (Hughes net) currently, and I was curious as to what upload speed and how many mbps SSBB uses online.
I never cared to know when I used to have charter cable, since it's fast and unlimited, but i live in the country now.
Hughes net is the only internet provider we can get here.
Thanks.

Sydney

Smash Rookie
Wifi keeps disconnecting me

My internet is perfectly fine. When I connect to the router, I have at least 3-4 bars. Whenever I start Wifi, and play on the "Anyone" mode, a few minutes later I disconnect. Usually I get the regular disconnecting messages.
Why is this so?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My internet is perfectly fine. When I connect to the router, I have at least 3-4 bars. Whenever I start Wifi, and play on the "Anyone" mode, a few minutes later I disconnect. Usually I get the regular disconnecting messages.
Why is this so?
Do you actually make it into a game, generally? Or are you simply disconnected in the waiting room? If it's the former, it could coincidentally be the rooms you're being appointed. For the latter, I'd need further information, but I'll wait for you to reply before I inquire further.:applejack:

Sydney

Smash Rookie
Well mainly in the waiting room. If do get a room (which is about 20 minutes later) it always disconnects the first or second match.
But, last night I just left it running (picked my character from the screen and just waited till I got all the way to the waiting room) and I got 2 people in under 30 seconds! I guess it's some weird bug thingy with my connection and/or SSBB.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Twenty minutes is an unreasonably high waiting time for BB, so that part befuddles me. As to what occured last night, your connection to the rooms could just be that sporadic of an occurrence, or occuring at unpredictable intervals. Can you recall doing anything regarding your router/connection yesterday, in particular? Such as, tampering with the firewall on the router, to give you a better clue of what I'm asking.:applejack:

Sydney

Smash Rookie
Maybe I exaggerated a bit. Around 10 - 15 minutes at the most. I didn't tamper with anything.
Its happening again, but this time I'm waiting no more than a minute and then its giving me the error that leads me back to the main menu of the game itself.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
10-15 minutes still seems exorbitant, as it usually took no more than 5 minutes to connect to players whenever I played BB.

Which error codes have you been given this week? Is 84620 among them?:applejack:

Sydney

Smash Rookie
Also, just in case this helps any, it takes about 10-15 seconds for me to connect to Wifi on the SSBB menu.

I get the Error code 80430 ("There is no response. Either the player is not connected to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, or you have been removed from the player's friend roster")

I'll get on and see if I get any more error codes.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
10-15 seconds to connect to Wifi is relatively normal, nothing odd there.

I've had that error code as well in the same situation you're having, and it tended to appear infrequently for me. It did not happen enough to be an issue, but yeah.:applejack:

Tell me what other codes you get, that would really help me understand this more.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Varies by every factor that contributes to lag itself. The longer you have to wait for a game, the more lag you can expect. Of course, this doesn't occur 100% of the time, but it happens enough to consider.:applejack:

Best you could do is make sure everything with your connection is ideal, so you can at least know that long waiting times aren't being caused by you.

Tesh

Smash Hero
My Wifi shows that no one is online, but as I am in the AiB chat, I know these people ARE online. How do I fix this? I've already reset my wii and router and tried loading it without hacks.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
They may be doing more maintenance with the servers, it isn't being caused by anything you can control, I am certain. Are you able to wait an hour or two to make sure it's not something on your behalf? Whenever this happened to me, I just waited it out.:applejack:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Need help. ASAP.

This is the thing: I can't see ANYONE of my friends list online, NOR they can see me. And when I add someone they're ALWAYS "Awaiting registration" when both parties have added each other.

I have tried everything. Reloading network, turning off console, cleaning disc, different players, etc, etc.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^lol

Check the posts above you, you are not alone. I guess we just have to wait it out.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
It's being caused by the slew of players on the servers, Nintendo staff has said. Waiting is the best answer, at this point.:applejack:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Top Bottom