• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
The "Online Discusion Rules" and "Online Discusion CATALOG" can be combined. The MLG Online Stride Ladder should be moved/de-stickied/deleted. The "Wifi and it's issues" thread serves no purpose from what I see.

Veel

Smash Apprentice
I vaguely remember a post where someone mentioned that online, some weird alterations occur to game mechanics options (such as damage ratio 1.1) versus what they are offline. I was wondering if this is accurate or if I just misread a post?

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
Huh, really? Well is that because you're playing with friends that have the hacks on? What doesn't desync in basic brawl?

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
Huh, really? Well is that because you're playing with friends that have the hacks on? What doesn't desync in basic brawl?
As far as I know:
Things that edit the stage (not the background or textures)
Character PSAs and things that change hit and hurtbubbles (NOT vertex edits)
Stage edits that replace stages with other stages (like the waiting room over rumble falls)
something else that I can't remember, alloy codes or something

With Friends/BB has no bearing on what desyncs as far as I know, though if the people you're brawling have the same hack then it shouldn't desync regardless of what it is.

Whoops misread the post. The list is of things that DO desync.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
My dad just bought a new 46" samsung HD tv

Ive heard rumors about lag with HD tv and since I only play wifi I thought I would ask here.....will this tv mess up my inputs? Will there be lag?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yes it will, yes there will be, I know both from experience. You have to set the preferences of your Wii to the HD setting (I don't know if it'll fix anything, but my friends do it on their HD TVs). There's incresed lag if you're using an HD TV. There's added lag if you're on WiFi. There's added lag if you're using a wireless controller type.
The step I introduced can be used to minimize the lag properties, but not really eliminate it. Also, when I say lag, I mean input.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Thanks LP

I do deal with input lag because of my controller and wifi....hopefully I can set my wii up that it doesn't effect my gameplay

Thanks man :)

Takous

Smash Rookie
how do i change it from time to stock?...i try to change it like you do regularly and it doesn't work.

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
how do i change it from time to stock?...i try to change it like you do regularly and it doesn't work.
Are you on friend brawl or anyone? You can only change the rules in friend brawl.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
You can't change the settings on Basic Brawl or Team Battle besides items. With friends you can change time/stock when it becomes your turn.

SnoreStory

Smash Rookie
:c

Oh, this might be a ridiclous question, but, how can you have a tourney over wi-fi? I haven't played SSBB outside of brawl mode. Oh, and another thing, Is it possible to set up matches with specific people? Oh, and is it true you can create custom taunts?

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
1. You can have a tourney over wifi by looking at the online tourney section of the site and registering for one. When brackets are up you have to add the person to your friend's list and go by the tourney rules.

2. Uh...yeah you can if they're on your roster. if i understood the question right.

3. Yes, but they'll only show up in "with friends" mode. :/

BSP

Smash Legend
If you don't know how to make the custom taunts, click on your profile when you're in your friend roster (it says, "me"), and just click on the bubbles and put whatever you want.

NS Samus WK

Smash Rookie
For the past two days I've been trying (again) to play Brawl online. I haven't tried in over a year when I was still using the USB Connector (I have a router now).

Connecting to NWFC on Brawl is fine, for the most part. The connection itself is fine, and I can register friends. I can even see if a friend is online. However, when I attempt to join a friend's game or play a "With Anyone" match, I get error code "86420". I've tried everything: manual setup, disabling my router's firewall, changing the channel to 1 (also tried 11), etc. Nothing has worked.

I can play Mario Kart Wii online just fine. Everything else that uses Nintendo Wifi Connection works fine. Brawl is the only thing I'm having trouble with. I have not been able to ever establish a match with anyone.

NS Samus WK

Smash Rookie
Thanks. In step 2, what does he mean by Name Servers? I don't see anything like that in the command prompt.

Edit: I should also mention that the computer I'm on currently is connect to the router via an Ethernet cable, not wirelessly.

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't remember seeing name servers...

I didn't worry about name servers, and my problem was still fixed. Just don't worry about them.

NS Samus WK

Smash Rookie
Sorry, must've edited my post as you were typing.

Edit: I should also mention that the computer I'm on currently is connect to the router via an Ethernet cable, not wirelessly.
Will this change anything?

Edit: So the IP for this computer (one you would see via a normal ipconfig command prompt, not the ipconfig/all) is one issued by my ISP, not the router.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Disconnected from Network During Transmission? Ah, I remember that problem. It's not your Wii, not your router(to my knowledge), it's possibly your internet provider.
There was a list of connections that Nintendo created that displayed the connections that wouldn't work very well or even at all with WiFi. The list was subject to change at any time, so updated information isn't to my notice (It's been at least a year since I looked at it.)
You might have to get a different service provider. Under my provider, I was able to send replays and vault data, Spectate WiFi, and play with Friends ONLY on an Orange or Red connection. I got AT&T and it's fine. There was another error code, 91010 or something of the sort, under the same display (Disconnected from Network during Transmission), but it's just the server being interrupted during gameplay online.
Also, your internet (or router) might be restricting what WiFi needs to receive or send in order to function, like control inputs. At the same time, your internet (or router) may not accept speed values of what WiFi sends and receives, causing you to be limited to the low\bad connections on Nintendo WiFi. I think it's some security mesure. This is why a troubleshooting procedure is to disable the Firewall of the router.

Hope this helps, I had this issue when I started WiFi.

NS Samus WK

Smash Rookie
When I complete step 9, my computer's connection stops working. Also, the next parts involve port forwarding. Not only does my router not allow you to put starting and ending ports, but I've read that with your router's firewall off port forwarding is pointless.

Thanks for your help, though. :)

NS Samus WK

Smash Rookie
Disconnected from Network During Transmission? Ah, I remember that problem. It's not your Wii, not your router(to my knowledge), it's possibly your internet provider.
There was a list of connections that Nintendo created that displayed the connections that wouldn't work very well or even at all with WiFi. The list was subject to change at any time, so updated information isn't to my notice (It's been at least a year since I looked at it.)
You might have to get a different service provider. Under my provider, I was able to send replays and vault data, Spectate WiFi, and play with Friends ONLY on an Orange or Red connection. I got AT&T and it's fine. There was another error code, 91010 or something of the sort, under the same display (Disconnected from Network during Transmission), but it's just the server being interrupted during gameplay online.
Also, your internet (or router) might be restricting what WiFi needs to receive or send in order to function, like control inputs. At the same time, your internet (or router) may not accept speeds values of what WiFi sends and receives, causing you to be limited to the low\bad connections on Nintendo WiFi. I think it's some security mesure.

Yep, that's my problem, too. Unfortunately, I can't switch ISPs. I'll just have to hold out on Brawl until Nintendo and/or Comcast get their act together. Thanks for your reply. :)

BSP

Smash Legend
When I complete step 9, my computer's connection stops working. Also, the next parts involve port forwarding. Not only does my router not allow you to put starting and ending ports, but I've read that with your router's firewall off port forwarding is pointless.

Thanks for your help, though. :)
Oh, you can't forward, stupid me for not reading.

And NP. Sorry I couldn't help you fix it.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
No problem. Try to watch for double posting, though, the. boards have some restrictions.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Both me and my brother play, and it's kind of anoying that we cannot play together online:we have to use the one controller because it won't allow multiple players. We haven't tried team battle. Will it allow us to play two player with other people? If not, is there any way to play two player with other people?

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
Both me and my brother play, and it's kind of anoying that we cannot play together online:we have to use the one controller because it won't allow multiple players. We haven't tried team battle. Will it allow us to play two player with other people? If not, is there any way to play two player with other people?
The only way to play 2 players online is with a code, and that requires a modded Wii.

The code, just in case you're interested.

Code:
WITH ANYONE - Basic Brawl Multiplayer [Phantom Wings]
4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1000
10000000 0000000C

*Must Be Host. You must also start the Waiting Room before someone else joins (kinda like having someone join your game instead of you joining theirs).

WITH ANYONE - Team Battle Multiplayer [Phantom Wings & Jose Gallardo]
4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1100
10000000 0000000C

*Works without being the host, but the same rule applies for starting the Waiting Room before others join (have them join while you are in the waiting room).
You can only use one at a time.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Yaaaay, someone posted in the Q&A!!

To add to :downs:'s comment, you need to hack your wii to have Homebrew in order to be able to play online with multiple players from the same Wii.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Downs, would that code require me to tamper with any other hacks i had, prior to its addition? It seems like something i could use, but i'd hate to do so much work just to make BB or TB playable with a friend (Whom i seldom have over.)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Brawl error code: 86240

A friend of mine has this problem that occurs everytime he attempts to play online brawl. The game shows him the error message listed in the topic title and boots him back to the WFC main menu. He can't join rooms, and he can't even play random wifi. This never happened to him until recently. Is there any fix for this?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
A friend of mine has this problem that occurs everytime he attempts to play online brawl. The game shows him the error message listed in the topic title and boots him back to the WFC main menu. He can't join rooms, and he can't even play random wifi. This never happened to him until recently. Is there any fix for this?
Unfortunately these errors are completely random. Also losing connection with other players are random too on the character and select screen or practice stage. It is really annoying and frustrating at times because this can happen non-stop for about 10-20 minutes. I lost about 30 minutes because I got the 86240 7 times in a row and it wasn't my connection, it is just the WFC being dumb. The WFC will do the fallowing...

1) Trying to play and immediately getting the Brawl Error Code 86240 message as soon as you pick any of the 3 modes.

2) Personally I hate this the most; Your waiting for others players to join your session and for 5-15 minutes a random players doesn't pop up. You quit the session and try again and yet again nobody joins for a while and try again. Then suddenly after about a minute or 2 you get the stupid message. Pretty when that happens you haven't been able to connect with anyone all along and the WFC itself was pretty much wasting your time waiting for players. Finally it takes you to the main menu.

3) You quit a session after a match and want to connect to another only to quickly or about 5-10 minutes get the 86240 message.

4) You connection and pick your character and stage then instantly get the message saying your connection with the other players was lost. You pick the mode you wanted to play to try again only the get the same message right away and it forces you back to the main menu.

The only thing you can do is to keep trying. If you get the 2nd one I listed I suggest disconnecting then re-connect again.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Our experience shows that error messages within this range are typically caused by an unstable network connection. The issue could be with your connection environment, your friend's connection environment, or a temporary issue with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Our servers may be trying to handle an unusually high amount of traffic (especially if you are trying to play online with a recently-released or popular game, or if there is a new Wii system update). Please retry your connection later

That's what I got from the nintendo site.
If this still continues either just wait it out some more or call nintendo. I suggest just to wait it out some more and check your connection often. I get error messages a lot from time to time. Also next time use the Q&A thread.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
4) You connection and pick your character and stage then instantly get the message saying your connection with the other players was lost. You pick the mode you wanted to play to try again only the get the same message right away and it forces you back to the main menu.
OMG I hate this one so damn much.

I call it getting "double gayed."

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230297

Also, your internet (or router) might be restricting what WiFi needs to receive or send in order to function, like control inputs. At the same time, your internet (or router) may not accept speed values of what WiFi sends and receives, causing you to be limited to the low\bad connections on Nintendo WiFi. I think it's some security mesure. This is why a troubleshooting procedure is to disable the Firewall of the router.

Q&A thread is always available.

Top Bottom