• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
So I played around with the footstool combo a bit more and-

actually, you know what, this needs a cool name. I am open to suggestions.

Anyway I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that they can do non-special attacks around the time you footstool them, I am not 100% sure if you can reach them in time. I mean sure they probably have to use a slow Dair or something since you'll probably be in their blind spot and as such it's easily dodgeable but it's just another thing to look out for. You can probably FF downwards and regrab them if they try to attack though.

Now for the good news. I played around with Fair and it guarantees a get up from the opponent if you Dthrow from 0-3% then footstool and then use Fair. This means that you can do very cool combos such as:

Dthrow (6%) + Fair ( 13%) + Bthrow (6%) + Dash Attack ( 8%)

For a total of 33%.

Cool beans?

Also congrats Kimchi.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Good job kimchi. I'll be rooting too. I have no idea what I'll be doing brawl-wise over the next month, lol. Too much free time that I don't know what to do with.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Here goes.
I went in thinking I was just going to do decent and play a bunch of people, maybe learn a thing or two. I ended up playing a bunch of friendlies with people and got myself warmed up pretty quickly. I played Inui and beat him in our MM. Didn't get to play doubles because I didn't have enough money. Singles started and I won once then I played Atomsk. I went in knowing it was going to be a hard matchup. I lost the set, but I'm happy knowing that I gave him a good fight. In losers, I beat 3 people and then I played Penta's G&W. Barely won, because I didn't really know the matchup and then I lost to Blackanese's ICs. Could have done better, but I guess I'm satisfied with doing better than I expected.
o-o Blackanaese got better if he beat your Ike.... I remember facing him a looooooooooong *** time ago XD He switched to G&W on me :laugh: then i took him to PS2

nicely done though man, 13th place is great.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
o-o Blackanaese got better if he beat your Ike.... I remember facing him a looooooooooong *** time ago XD He switched to G&W on me :laugh: then i took him to PS2

nicely done though man, 13th place is great.
Blackanese destroyed me a few months back at my place. Mk on Lylat...

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
Meeeen... Everybody hypes M2K's Ike... Come on guys, we're also going to hype his ike.

E// Here are some "combos" from my ike. It's for the SSB:Betagame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l76umBoGZM

well, i know they are bad, it's wifi so yeah... The scene from my marth was the only one which was offline.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Meeeen... Everybody hypes M2K's Ike... Come on guys, we're also going to hype his ike.

E// Here are some "combos" from my ike. It's for the SSB:Betagame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l76umBoGZM

well, i know they are bad, it's wifi so yeah... The scene from my marth was the only one which was offline.
I have done that with wario wheel and banana before =] its fun haha

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, haha. I could've jump back with a QD back to the plattform, but if you read your opponent like that it's much better to **** him like that. It's pure ****, haha.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
People aren't reacting to the fact that you can combo into an Ike forward smash as well as I had hoped, haha.

Let me recap for anyone not paying attention.

Prerequisites: They must be at 0-9% and in the air.
Step 1: Footstool them
Step 2: Fastfall a Fair, the Fair forces a get up at low percents.
Step 3: FFFFFForward Smash.
Step 4: You just inflicted 35% on your opponent. Finish the job!

Palpi

Smash Hero
Because footstool combos are always dumb as **** and overhyped.

Pull this off on competent player in tournament multiple times and then people will be positively reacting.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
So DThrow/Footstool/FAir/FSmash(basically anything) is a combo? O_O That's insane. How escapable is it?

Also, can you do DThrow/Footstool/FAir/DThrow/Footstool? That would be 0-death O_O

How does forced get-up work? Does FAiring them force them to stand from lying down as if they just pressed Up on the stick?

I wanna test this :p

Ha, nice slaps!

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
So DThrow/Footstool/FAir/FSmash(basically anything) is a combo? O_O That's insane. How escapable is it?

Also, can you do DThrow/Footstool/FAir/DThrow/Footstool? That would be 0-death O_O

How does forced get-up work? Does FAiring them force them to stand from lying down as if they just pressed Up on the stick?

I wanna test this :p

Ha, nice slaps!
EEEEEEHHHHHHHHHH!!! WRONG!!!! as he said it only works from about 0%-9% =\.... I was testing it just now and all i do is after the Dthrow i do full hop then mash jump button as fast as possible to get the footstool... then again training mode might not be best lol. Options are basically infinite as a followup after the Fair. Technically you can do anything... if it is near a ledge you can try and push them while they get up toward the ledge and try and do jab->dtilt.... or jab->jab->jab-> walkoff Dair...

Also I am not positive if I am doing it right... after the footstool do you fair them when they hit the ground? Because i just did that with another controller plugged in and it didn't force a stand up... Am I doing it wrong?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
guides alone never work
it's all about experience lol

no disrespect to him but nid is a perfect example
he probably knows more about ike than all of us here but he lacks experience ;/
we all <3 him tho lulz;]

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
22 days is enough for what I would say is a somewhat proficient understanding of Ike so it's definitely worth a shot.

But yeah, reading a guide can only get you so far. You need to visualize the stuff in action so either watch videos or actually play the game. I recommend the latter.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I didn't either, but it is a decent place to start if you have literally no idea how to play ike. You don't need to read it..it CAN help get you started though. Watching videos and playing is obviously a better way to improve. ...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
guides alone never work
it's all about experience lol

no disrespect to him but nid is a perfect example
he probably memorizes more about ike than all of us here but he lacks experience ;/
we all <3 him tho lulz;]
Fix'd.

Knowing comes form experience. I just steal facts found through experiences of others and things like frame data and get them stuck in my head. :D

And yays for having footstool combo? Free damage is free damage.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of free damage, it's about how likely one is able to pull it off. The fact alone that it can only be used from 0%~9% seems unappealing. Meaning in a single match, you have only 3 chances to try to pull it off.

Mind you, this only works if the opponent doesn't airdodge. At low percentages, attacks such as Uair and such aren't threatening at 6%, so I'm better off doing a feint to continue my ground game.

It's a good find I suppose, just not viable.

one more thing

Please don't hate me T^T

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I'll be rooting for you guys 8hrs away in my dorm room. I actually regret going away from college now lol.
Good job kimchi. I'll be rooting too. I have no idea what I'll be doing brawl-wise over the next month, lol. Too much free time that I don't know what to do with.

Screw polybrawl.

number 1. you two should both be at syracuse smash 2.

number 2. im taking you both to VC7 which is like the biggest tourney this side of pound.

also, im teaming with san for both of the above events. get at us plox.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Not sure about San, but I for one can't make it to PolyBrawl since I'm going to be 8hrs away (leaving January 24th).

Aside from that, money's still tight to go to either tournament. Even if I stay in the city, or go upstate, I'll have the ride just no dinero...I blame my DES190 course...so dull that I wasted most of my cash on starbucks to keep myself awake

-RedX-

Smash Lord
The farthest state I would go for smash is NJ, lol
And I see that college is eating Cross's money.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I never looked up any brawl dates in a while, so I don't know much about polybrawl. Now that most of my friends are leaving back to college soon, I might have some more time to actually hook up brawl. Been a while since I last played :( That's why I haven't posted much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom