• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Beat you by two hours! YESZ! :falcon:

Anyways, we should probably try to say something constructive...

Uuuum...

Spacing with Ike is very important :)

:034:
How to Play Ike:

1) Are you the type of person that NEEDZ MOAR JABZ!!? If so, you just mastered Ike! Congratulations!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
In all seriousness Usmash is by far Ike's best punishing move... I couldn't even count how many times I caught people out of rolls and air dodges in the tourney. Probably his best ground move too (excluding jabs). Utilt may rival it for that spot but I find myself using (and making good use of) Usmash more often than Utilt.

LOL I just got reminded of this Marth player I fought in pools; decent Marth, good spacing skill, but he kept using Shield Beaker to recover, and every time I would just charge an Fsmash and KO him at like 40%. He'd be like "Aw ****! Why do I keep doing that?!"

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Well, I'm at my public library right now, and I guess I should tell you guys all about my performance at my tournament. I did pretty well in doubles, but I choked in singles :/. I had about a 2 stock lead in all my matches, but I ended up screwing it up under pressure. I played M2K in a friendly though and managed to bring him down to last stock last hit. So close to winning, but MK's Dair is too good :D. Also, someone please tell me how Olimar is supposed to be hard for Ike? I played New England's best Olimar and it wasn't even hard at all. O_o, only reason I lost were because of SDs :/.
Edit: Palpi, no I never played Nasty.

Palpi

Smash Hero
He obviously wasn't playing the match up right then. Olimar forces ike to approach and can punish every single one of Ike's approach options with a pivot grab, shield grab or w/e.

m2k sandbags in friendlies :)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Heh, Kimchi, I was about to post for you, as you had told me to, and I just found that you already posted. =X Sorry. Heh.

Crap. I have class... right now.

But on my way out, I'll ask a question. What do you guys think of an Ike/Marth team? How well does that work?

Palpi

Smash Hero
marth is not very good at doubles. I don't know why but that is what people have said, and you don't see marths anywhere in doubles at the national tournaments xD.

I am sure it wouldn't be bad, Kimchi made it work somehow, but there is obviously better partners for Ike.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Heh, Kimchi, I was about to post for you, as you had told me to, and I just found that you already posted. =X Sorry. Heh.

Crap. I have class... right now.

But on my way out, I'll ask a question. What do you guys think of an Ike/Marth team? How well does that work?
Problem with Marth is that his killing moves are "meh", and he can't rack up damage fast. His throws are kinda lame, so it's hard to link them into Ike's smashes. Nothing really works with him when paring him with Ike.

Kimchi, M2K obviously sandbagged.

All Oli's I have played, I've done pretty well...they all play the same. Though I never got the chance to play Error's Oli.

Kimchi, don't worry about choking. While I didn't choke to that kinda degree, when you get nervous, you become really stale and predictable. Happened to me at HOBO. Did well in Doubles, because Brett knows how to take my nervousness aways...he doubles his own nervousness...therefore Bored = 0 nervousness and Brett = 2X. Singles...no Brett...Bored nervousness exponentially grows. Bored = 10^(x+1) nervousness.

Hopefully we can both do better next time around.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yeah, choking sucks lol.

Happened to me this last weekend...in my last tourney set. Biggest mistake was not keeping it cool under pressure. It got me 2 stocked. :/

But most importantly, learn from it. Probably common sense, but I can't emphasize it enough. What I mean is just sitting down and seriously thinking about it. What happened? Why did it happen? What can I do differently? etc. etc. This has always helped me a lot in my endeavors...just throwing it out there.

As for doubles, there are better people, though imo that combination can do just fine. By better, I mean like...MK, Snake, Phoenix Wright, etc.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yeah, you guys are right. Why would m2k try against a silly ike scrub like myself right? I shoulda known better =]. Obviously he would sandbag, i mean its 100/0 MK's favor.
Yeah... don't worry though; even though Mew2king sandbags in friendlies, he's still scary as ****. Good job getting him down to the last hit regardless.

And yeah, choking sucks; I lost my 2nd match against Quik of my last tournament because of it (he probably would've won anyway, but not as much :laugh:) and pretty much lost it on my last match against ook (got too frustrated and kept going for the walk-off DAir even though it wouldn't work).

Kirk

Smash Champion
If you're dealing with short hopped Bairs, shield, wait until hitbox ends, drop shield --> jab before he lands on the ground. Same thing Snakes do with Ftilt/Utilt. It works, got NoJ with it pretty good last Saturday. If they are spacing you well enough, just back off. It's not like he can camp you forever. Oh wait, sausages (>.>). Seriously though, shield it, shield drop and jab. You can sometimes punish after the landing portion as well, but that depends. If your shield is low, back off and space him right back. Fair > Turtle.

Oh, and Kimchi, did you know M2K sandbags in friendlies? Apparently EVERYONE knows that. I also hear he likes to play mindgames with people and order 12 soft shell taco supremes from Taco Bell while he Dair camps you.

Palpi

Smash Hero
You hear m2k likes to sand bag in friendlies? I think its a rumor spreading around.

Oh and I am starting to practice my ike again, he rolls faces day n night.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
If you're dealing with short hopped Bairs, shield, wait until hitbox ends, drop shield --> jab before he lands on the ground. Same thing Snakes do with Ftilt/Utilt. It works, got NoJ with it pretty good last Saturday. If they are spacing you well enough, just back off. It's not like he can camp you forever. Oh wait, sausages (>.>). Seriously though, shield it, shield drop and jab. You can sometimes punish after the landing portion as well, but that depends. If your shield is low, back off and space him right back. Fair > Turtle.
OK, I'll try that. Thank you.

What is Sand bagging?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
What is Sand bagging?
Sandbagging = Not playing your best for no reason at all. Sometimes people can sandbag for a purpose (arguably what some MK mains including M2K did in order to not get MK banned), but usually people just sandbag in friendlies because they couldn't care less about winning. I try not to sandbag because it's a bad habit; I even go all-out against people I know I'm gonna three stock, just because it's worth the practice.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
...Brett knows how to take my nervousness aways...he doubles his own nervousness...therefore Bored = 0 nervousness and Brett = 2X
Well. It certainly happens after I mistakenly Fsmash you instead of an enemy for an early death on our counter-pick. I'll say that much is true.

Bored, Arturo-- you guys going to this HOBO? The reason I'm asking how well Marth and Ike might do is because I may be going and teaming with Takeurlife (definitely teaming with him if Bored doesn't come).

Also, Max, if the G&W screws up his spacing and comes too close with the turtle, you can shield grab after the third hit with the right timing.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well. It certainly happens after I mistakenly Fsmash you instead of an enemy for an early death on our counter-pick. I'll say that much is true.

Bored, Arturo-- you guys going to this HOBO? The reason I'm asking how well Marth and Ike might do is because I may be going and teaming with Takeurlife (definitely teaming with him if Bored doesn't come).

Also, Max, if the G&W screws up his spacing and comes too close with the turtle, you can shield grab after the third hit with the right timing.

Nah. I'm fasting for a month, so I'm not gonna be doing tedious things. Besides, Austin's car pool is none LOL.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman

Unfortunately, Blue Yoshi doesn't mis-space anything. :(

EDIT:
@ PhantomX: No, I didn't.:estatic:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So, Marth's throws are actually pretty nice setups into Fsmash for us.

LOL, what we found out I could do if I get the grab, though (since I had done it once by accident).... (we haven't tested with DI).... I Dthrow and he can grab the opponent straight out of it and then he just throws into Fsmash.

That's funny. If it can't be DIed (we should probably test that), 2 Ikes can chain Dthrows.

Palpi

Smash Hero
prolly not on characters that have a "combo breaker" yoshis nair, mk nair..or dair because it doesn't have hit stun. The reason D3's works is because it doesn't have knockback it places the person there after the throw, but test it out! should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom