• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Here's my last batch of Ike matches for a while, if I use him in a MM or something and have it saved i'll throw it up.

Match 1 (Link, Battlefield): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXtcjhXApps
Match 2 (Link, Norfair): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QgAabDZtmY
Match 3 (Meta Knight, castle siege): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n7EWSme2E0
Match 4 (Wario, Battlefield): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk6QfoP8eCE
Match 5 (Wario, Yoshi's Island): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBEA8nUXKM
Match 6 (Ditto, FD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkLqlFMLZfE
Match 7 (Ditto, Battlefield): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_EltI7ynpE
Match 8 (Zelda, Lylat): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGflKd4eW_Q
Match 9 (PT, Halberd): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FomMSKREnSI

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
About the Ike boards compilation video, I think we're the second character boards trying to make one. The Marth boards already made theirs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGSxxH7RUq4. Ryko, I know you mentioned it, but are you in charge of this whole project? I don't think you should take on the burden by yourself. Kirk, are you helping with the video also? In any case, I want to send some of my great moments with Ike to someone soon before I accidentally delete the replay :o.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
man i just came from Ryko's and played hellacious games, may I please be apart of this Ike combo vid? I have some good replays i can send to Ryko and since i almost always go over his house, he has some replays of muh Ike :)

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
We should start this soon. Hmm, I could help gather up some of the replays. Everyone, start saving up epic, potential moments. Anyway, I can record videos now so people can check my YouTube channel out.
Yes Soon, xD but I need to get better replays, so far I don't have anything thats like WOW, just "oh yay you can reverse aether spike a falco after he cg/spiked you" :/

metroid1117

Smash Master
His recovery is not too bad
He can either go fully horizontal (which can be gimped quite easily) or fully vertical (which is better, but still easy to be hit out of), and both recoveries can be easily edgehogged; his recovery is not complete garbage, but it is pretty bad.

Aether's good points of nice vertical displacement, great disjointed hitbox, and SAF on start-up is negated by its relatively easy timing for edgehogging (right before Ike's sword passes the edge), very little horizontal movement, and the inability to auto-sweetspot the edge.

QD gives a LOT of horizontal distance, but can be easily stopped by going in front of it or hitting Ike out of it. It can also be edgehogged quite easily.

A good recovery is such that even when you don't DI, you can still make it back onto the stage fairly easily. Any time you DI improperly with Ike, you are screwed.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I can't really think of many recoveries worse than Ike's... if Ike's recovery isn't bad, most everyone else has like S class recovery.
And they don't.
In short, I'm completely backing up Metroid on this one.

I know we love Ike, CK, but we nevertheless have to realize his shortcomings and weaknessess.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
ike will always get gimped because its the way of nature, i hate more than anyone but we Ike mainers must accept the cold hard facts of life

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
He can either go fully horizontal (which can be gimped quite easily) or fully vertical (which is better, but still easy to be hit out of), and both recoveries can be easily edgehogged; his recovery is not complete garbage, but it is pretty bad.

Aether's good points of nice vertical displacement, great disjointed hitbox, and SAF on start-up is negated by its relatively easy timing for edgehogging (right before Ike's sword passes the edge), very little horizontal movement, and the inability to auto-sweetspot the edge.

QD gives a LOT of horizontal distance, but can be easily stopped by going in front of it or hitting Ike out of it. It can also be edgehogged quite easily.

A good recovery is such that even when you don't DI, you can still make it back onto the stage fairly easily. Any time you DI improperly with Ike, you are screwed.
I dunno, when I'm at high enough percentages to where if I get hit horizontally I just don't bother DI'ng because of the lack of chances of me getting back to the stage.
;x I'm agreeing all the way on Ike's recovery methods being bad though.
x] Oh and I am totally sure Comboking and Sintros know this, any Ike main should. ;D I think they were just being sarcastic, or maybe killing time by getting some post count.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
even though i get knocked back and think that my recovery chances to get back onto the stage are slim to none, i still make a valiant effort to come back to it because you never know when ur opponent just might get greedy and hit you up to save you or you can aether gimp, which I been known to do :)

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ok, so last week was Spring Break... And I've been sick for most of this week...

Have I missed anything?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ryko switched to Snake and plays casually now, Kirk's girlfriend placed higher than he did... and some other stuff, like the DK match up and Ness Match up. And idk what else i don't spent to much time here anymore.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
Guys you are all right bout Ikes recovery , if ike had a great recovery which he doesnt , Ike should be able to withstand up till 150% easily . Ike could keep on coming back and back that is if hes playing against weak characters which is more than 60% of the brawl roster , but anyways thats just how ikes recovery is. Well before I'm off is there anyone that knows a post or thread that specifically focuses on aether spikes?
Has the specific match up guide reached wolf yet? someone hit me back.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So, I'm playing Path of Radiance because, "Oh, it's Ike's game! I should play it!" Right? Yeah. It's fun and all, but...

when on chapter 13, which takes me a good hour and half-- at least, THREE TRIES IN A ROW (yeah, I've been trying for two days), different characters (the last time it was Mr Broken himself, IKE) die on the LAST turn with ONE enemy remaining due to a critical hit...

it just doesn't seem as fun.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Guys you are all right bout Ikes recovery , if ike had a great recovery which he doesnt , Ike should be able to withstand up till 150% easily . Ike could keep on coming back and back that is if hes playing against weak characters which is more than 60% of the brawl roster , but anyways thats just how ikes recovery is. Well before I'm off is there anyone that knows a post or thread that specifically focuses on aether spikes?
Has the specific match up guide reached wolf yet? someone hit me back.
... You do realize this is the matchup guide. Use the Search this thread option.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So, I'm playing Path of Radiance because, "Oh, it's Ike's game! I should play it!" Right? Yeah. It's fun and all, but...

when on chapter 13, which takes me a good hour and half-- at least, THREE TRIES IN A ROW (yeah, I've been trying for two days), different characters (the last time it was Mr Broken himself, IKE) die on the LAST turn with ONE enemy remaining due to a critical hit...

it just doesn't seem as fun.
Don't play with items

CH suck, everyone dies by them. That chapter isn't hard but tricky. Just make sure you send in someone with good def so he can last a while. Enemies will target the NPC first. Recruit Astrid and Gatrie and then slowly attack from the left side of the boat. Use bonus experience if you have to level some members.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Don't play with items

CH suck, everyone dies by them. That chapter isn't hard but tricky. Just make sure you send in someone with good def so he can last a while. Enemies will target the NPC first. Recruit Astrid and Gatrie and then slowly attack from the left side of the boat. Use bonus experience if you have to level some members.
Sigh. I did all of that. And when I realized I was one spot away (with like 3 different people) from having Norris completely cornered, unable to attack or move, I analyzed the situation and made it to where he could only attack Ike (who was at 32/32 HP), Titania (32/35 HP), or Gatrie (30/33 HP)-- all of which have good defense, and should never die from a single attack at that HP.
But then he pulled a crit hit out of his *** and drained ALL of Ike's HP. Oh, and Norris was at like 10/35 HP.
I mean, how do you help that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom