• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I know I wont place here, but I want to go oo chicago justy to chill with kirk and we'll do doubles and see if we meet in finals as ike.
i think u would i mean seriously who else lives over there ... no offense =D

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well you know kirk doesn't win all the tournaments...

He got first in one this weekend and 5th in another IIRC and hes only won 1 other before that. This isn't melee the midwest may not be as good as other regions but they don't completely suck. Inui and azen placed lower than 3 of them at CoT4 and who ever was the commentator said azen was easily in the top 5 in the nation at C3. People just kept saying stuff like that even though they had no idea who else was good out side of there region. Kind of like what you 2 are doing right now.

Thats the only reason I don't think the Japaneses players will be ***** by Americans, no one has played them yet.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Well you know kirk doesn't win all the tournaments...

He got first in one this weekend and 5th in another IIRC and hes only won 1 other before that. This isn't melee the midwest may not be as good as other regions but they don't completely suck. Inui and azen placed lower than 3 of them at CoT4 and who ever was the commentator said azen was easily in the top 5 in the nation at C3. People just kept saying stuff like that even though they had no idea who else was good out side of there region. Kind of like what you 2 are doing right now.

Thats the only reason I don't think the Japaneses players will be ***** by Americans, no one has played them yet.
I got to play a Japanese Ike over Wi-Fi, but again you're right. No one has played the Japanese yet.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I think M2k is going to japan some time in the near future, but I think he said he won't brawl or melee. Not to sure, that's what he said at a smashfest like.. 1 month ago.
wrong lol

he said he is going away to stupid in the MW ... gonna learn wat vidjo is learning ... sumthing about making video games themselves ... or formatting it and stuff

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Meh, I still think Ally, M2K, Kosk, Azen, Inui and NinjaLink would pretty much own anybody the Japanese could throw at them.
Why would you mention inui before you mention DSF? or anybody good from other regions even after ryko said inui's strength is in doubles.

Even so your just saying this with nothing to back you up, just like a bunch of people where before CoT4 and look what happened. If none of you have played japanese players then you shouldn't be saying anything especially not own because that usually means a **** match.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
sorry to break up the discussion guys , but if someone could help me . I got this torney tommorow and it will be my first one , anyways I have been reading and surfing the ike boards and checking out the cping guide and such. In the torney they're giving us a option to chose a stage which cannot be used as a counterpick against another person. My question is what stage should I pick so I cant be cped? The only character I will be using is ike.( I got a stereotype to break , everyone here thinks ike is just a 1 hit kill slow cheap char. I plan to break the stereotype.) Thanks in advance , any other tip would be useful thanks guys. I will be checking out some vids and hitting the ike guides later.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
A stagelist would be really helpful...

That being said, Frigate/FD aren't that good for Ike, although it would be best to ban a stage that you as a player don't do well on.
The list is here in www.panamagamersleague.com the first post , i would give the direct link but im on my ps3 right now , there are the starters and the cps, the sites in spanish but you shouldnt get lost. I was thinking of banning rainbow cruise(since i personally dont do well there) but then again the ones you mentioned are important to. thanks.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Lol, Salty is such a *****.

But seriously... Inui.....? And no [Enter every other MK main here] ?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
sorry to break up the discussion guys , but if someone could help me . I got this torney tommorow and it will be my first one , anyways I have been reading and surfing the ike boards and checking out the cping guide and such. In the torney they're giving us a option to chose a stage which cannot be used as a counterpick against another person. My question is what stage should I pick so I cant be cped? The only character I will be using is ike.( I got a stereotype to break , everyone here thinks ike is just a 1 hit kill slow cheap char. I plan to break the stereotype.) Thanks in advance , any other tip would be useful thanks guys. I will be checking out some vids and hitting the ike guides later.
I took a look at the site you provided and I will first tell you this. If you know what character or characters your opponent will be using, then you will be able to narrow down your personal ban. For example, playing a DK or Olimar main, you would ban Luigi's Mansion because they would kill you on that stage. A character with good mobility and jumping, you would ban Rainbow Cruise because you can get gimped there pretty bad (but you can take your chances against an Olimar cause they can be gimped as well). It's all about match ups, but overall, I would find Mansion, Rainbow Cruise, and Japes the most threatening.

Oh yea, if you are playing a Falco on Japes, and if you happen to get caught in his CG, try to let him spike you on the right side of the stage so you can recover...if you get spiked on the left side...gg.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I took a look at the site you provided and I will first tell you this. If you know what character or characters your opponent will be using, then you will be able to narrow down your personal ban. For example, playing a DK or Olimar main, you would ban Luigi's Mansion because they would kill you on that stage. A character with good mobility and jumping, you would ban Rainbow Cruise because you can get gimped there pretty bad (but you can take your chances against an Olimar cause they can be gimped as well). It's all about match ups, but overall, I would find Mansion, Rainbow Cruise, and Japes the most threatening.

Oh yea, if you are playing a Falco on Japes, and if you happen to get caught in his CG, try to let him spike you on the right side of the stage so you can recover...if you get spiked on the left side...gg.
Good advice Bored...

Btw Bored the matches Khaoz recorded are up on youtube now... so your matches with Jingo and Awestin are up and my matches with Brett and Kates are up along with the one i get 3 stocked in =[ considering i beat Khaoz in a tournament match I'm suprised that that had happened...

here are my two videos i would like advice/response on my Ike since I'm still trying to get better... and also my c-stick is set to attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hjkFW8310w&feature=sdig&et=1235746463.84

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcBiYhFv0XY&feature=sdig&et=1235746463.84

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
the thing is he mentioned inui instead of DSF the best player in salty's region, I just find that really odd and little annoying. but nvm its my fault I'm gana start a new diet this weekend.
Weeeeeelllll, I've never met DSF. However, I might, seeing as I think he goes to Havok's tourneys. I do know that Awex, TKD, and burntsocks go, but I can't remember anyone named DSF being there.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice

nice thanks alot for the advice , I just hope I dont die tommorow trying to do some stupid ledge tech or getting edge hogged ,well thanks again.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Slaps, I watched that ZSS vid and I for once have to agree with CK LOL. But let me elaborate.

That Eruption trick will work once in a while, but you overused it to the point where a smarter player would own the bajeezies out of that situation. The same applies for waiting on the edge charging F-Smash. If that's the person's habit to roll, then go ahead and do it, or make the opponent roll and do it. Speaking of Roll, you did that way too much. How about some turn around jabs or short hop n-air, b-air, or air dodge behind the opponent? Overall, decent job of taking advantage of some of her habits (Up-Tilt at the end was nice). Oh and work on your spacing.

As far as the other match vs Brett, well...I'll start with Slaps and say that you took advantage in the beginning with Brett rolling off the edge and you nailing him with an F-Smash. However, you had very poorly spaced f-tilts that other characters would take advantage of, you tried to do Jab, Kick, Grab too much. Also, once again, you started using Eruption as an edge guard and it cost you that stock. You're second stock had some silly moments as well such as Brett D-Airing you and you responding with an Eruption and doing it again....that's too predictable and too punishable. Also, how you died is inexcusable...remember that if two Ike's are going for an Aether, a big percentage is favored towards the LOWER IKE. He will hit you, reach the edge quicker and well...yea you died cause of that miscue. Third stock, you started the eruption thing again and if Brett had hit you with an Up-Smash...gg.

I give you a 5/10. Nothing great, Nothing horrible. Just Bad lol.

Brett, in your match against the ZSS, you used the items pretty well against her and racked up the damage and set the pace of the match from the get go. I saw some nice things like the Up-Tilt kill when she attempted her Down-B and the b-air to counter that move as well. Some things that I didn't like is that you used QD a few times more than needed. It cost you a few times cause you ended up charging right into her attacks. Normally, a good ZSS player would **** you for trying that, but that is not the case right now. Another thing I didn't like was that you tried to grab too much. Instead, you coulda used several other moves like your full jab combo, n-air or an F-air. Almost every grab you missed cost you some damage.

As far as your match vs Slaps...You rolled off the edge too quickly in the beginning. That's the first thing another Ike will look to do, F-Smash you while you roll into it. So don't be so hasty like that. Playing fast and aggressive is one thing, but including no thought results in mistakes. Also once again, you fail a grab because of the small distance after Slaps comes down with the eruption. I loved how you killed him though, took advantage of the failed eruption and B-aired him. Nice QD approach in the beginning of Slap's second stock. The part where Slaps is on the edge and you barely miss F-Smash sucks...and when Slaps was charging his F-smash...lol run into it with Counter...it rules. Also, you could have gimped his Aether recovery but you opted for a useless Up-Smash. If you had continued to gimp his aether, you would have killed him. You predicted wrong in that situation. Moving forward, that Eruption was useless, Iono why people use it, you got punished by an F-Smash. You then miss a easy D-air, coulda done a B-air as well. Then you mess up again on the eruption and d-air trades. Just shield the eruption and punish him with something aftewards...F-Tilt woulda killed him. You edge hang him on the aether sequence...as stated earlier, the lower aether wins. Then you proceed to get hit by a blatant F-Smash which is dumb. I also believe that you barely grabbed Slaps when he started his wind up for the F-Smash, you would have gotten smacked again if he hit you. Also later on in the sequence, nice decision to aether onto stage even though you took dmg, you would have been spiked if you didn't. But then you mess up by trying to pivot grab him when you coulda nailed him with jabs. Finally, once again, you two exchange D-air and eruption...you coulda killed him if you typed Up-Smash of on the second one, f-tilted him after shielding the eruption.

Overall, you had a pretty decent game vs the ZSS, but you just played awful in the Ditto and failed to take advantage of the Ike's awful habits.

6/10 vs ZSS = Great use of her armor pieces and up-tilt action, but the ZSS made some silly mistakes and you QD'ed too much.

3/10 vs Ike = Horrible attempt at taking advantage of horrible habits from opponent.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
whoever says Ike sucks on rainbow cruise should stop playing Ike.
Personally, I don't understand this statement. If possible, could you explain? When going up, it's really easy to get gimped and you can't really evade opponents better suited for this level too well. The only saving grace at some points in this area are the close edges, but that still doesn't hinder the glaring cons, especially with the obstacles and falling blocks. Most Ike videos on RC shows them getting gimped here. Bad.

The second part is sort of weird (IMO). It's only pretty decent for Ike as long as you stay very far away from the falling blocks, because even falling a little bit, you can get trapped by the stage because of the constantly moving screen making the stage move back and forth.

This is 75% me being bad at this stage and not understanding (I read other posts on this from other Ikes, but still don't get it), and 25% what I think about how it does for Ike in general.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If your getting gimpec that's your fault. Ike's fair is just intimidating when all you can do is air dodge. Leaves you open for nair. Ike owns air battles.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
dis satisfactory matches til kirk prime box7 anyone better gets on =)

Palpi

Smash Hero
So there was low-tier tourney with ike, every went ike and it was annoying. The top 10 was like 1 jiggs, 2 sonics and the rest ikes. I got to round 4, but i think m2k won (as ike). It was very annoying lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom