• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, San texted me a while back on the jist of what happened. Really happy for him. Great stuff.

I finally got some offline practice myself. Felt weird, but good.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
San better write a EPIC STORY WHEN HE GETS BACK HERE! From round 1 ALLL THE WAY TO BEATING JUDGE FOR PLACING

We are exceedingly, exceedingly happy

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, San writing an epic story? He will probably be like...

"I beat this guy, and I kept going and lost to Ally, then Dojo."

MLG will hopefully hype him up.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
imagine the **** that would ensue, maybe its too soon for the world.

EDIT: IF I DID MY MATH RIGHT, san is 17th placed in total points

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
In my opinion, Judge is good, but there are MKs in Kansas who are better.

Bowyer used "Namesearch!" Bowyer found his name here! It's super effective!

Well, hopefully I can get some money together so that I can go to MLG Dallas.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Congratz one having an Ike get 11th o_O

This just proves the point it is silly Ike is below Lucas and in Low tier at all :laugh:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
San is super human, that's all. Black man going to Cornell, getting straight A's, revolutionizing his race by helping Obama become president, saving hundreds of kids from the Haiti earthquake, getting the Fifa world cup to be hosted in South Africa, and most importantly, beating out Chris Rock as world's funniest black man.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
DA WIFI FSMASH BABBBBBBBBBBBBBY AEWEWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you'll know what i mean soon enuf

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
SAAAN! Why did you go brinstar? :S that stage gets kind crappy when you get exploited for slow aerials.. my stage discussion thread even said to avoid Snake there D: PS1/Lylat all the the waaay man.. i'm actually re-inspired to take over the stage discussion again o-o; if you guys wanna try that again

game 1 was amazing.. fsmash is a pro move...

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
Which place is san? I read 11th? How many entrys at MLG columbus? Anyway, 11th is a really good place for an Ike :D I'm sure he went Ike only the whole tournament? ****ing amazing, I love san, even more than Kirk :p

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Hey guys, just dropping by to let you know that I'm officially a San fangirl. <3

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Congratulations, San! You played brilliantly, MAJOR props for beating Judge.
yeah, san wins some internets for beating an olimar AND a legit mk

hey guys, i know its pretty pointless to mention this, but ive found some stuff with B-STICKING and it might be pretty useful to ike in particular.

first off using b-sticking can make doing a reverse ariel rush much faster and easier. because if youre in ikes dash animation and you press BACKWARDS on the c-stick you will jump and be facing away from teh way you originally dashed, providing you keep the controll stick facing the original way you dashed you can just press the A button do to a b-air, or you can chance the direction youre holding and do a retreating fair (i'm also finding it easier to full hop using the b-stick if i'm trying to do this, but thats jsut for the retreating fair's (if you were running away from the opponent in the first place)

one small thnig i need to add to this, you have to be in ikes RUNNIG animation for this to work, not the DASH animation, luckily his dash animation ends pretty fast so it shouldnt be a problem.

also if youre in mid-air youre holding in one direction with the control stick and then press BACKWARDS with the c-stick you will do an uncharged quick draw and your directio will stay the way you were originally facing, but you will move backwards (before dashing forwards because of quick draw, but this can be countered be switch straight to the B button before the move activates, not too hard to do) i'm not sure what use this really has but could be used for those times where an attack coming towards you well spaced and if an airdodge will get punished, you can very quickly change your momentum with it, but it means you have to attack with quick draw, which is a setback, maybe for punishing a laggy ariel?

you can also control which direction you fall with counter when in the air more effectively, this is probably jsut to be used as a taunt, but a retreating counter migth be of use a suppose. you can also slide backwards slightly when tilting down and back while walking only, you might accidentally get an eruption instead (you also slide back with this, so its all good)

and another thing which is almost unnoticeable but still there, if you activate aether with the c-stick and then hold forward/backward with both the c-stick and the control stick, you go a little bit further horizontally then you would if it was activated using b button+up.

this is all great and ive only been fiddling about for a small while, i think you can also use eruption when tilting diagonally, but i can only get it work work when pressing down and a direction too. but we have to take into account if this is going to help our metagame and also if its worth the replacement of the c-stick/a-stick and all of their pro's.

anyway, just thought i'd share this with you, can't really hurt can it? go test it out in training mode if you want, i found it a little intriquing

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Quick question, does every character have a different speed when putting up the shield? My friend the other day was like: "Your shield comes up so fast!" I thought everyone's shield came up at the same rate.

Oh and good job san. Party at the library!
LOL background talk is funny.
"Move out the way!"
"Shut up woman!"
"Is this Melee?"
"USA! USA! USA!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom