• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Rain trick

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
I believe i am the first one to find this so i am naming it Arrow Rain for quick reference. The trick is to shoot 3-10 arrows straight up into the air. Then if you steer the first one down all the other ones can will come down in same place unless you move them. So to incorporate this in battle you would have to be good at pit be on a big stage and have your oppenent very far away from you. So i realize that the conditions are very needy and that you wont be able to do this in alot of fights. But still, this is alot of fun lol. I say 3-10 because anything below 3 wouldnt be cool enough. And i havent been able to get 10 shot and hit the ground all at once. Still fun to play with go test it out.

-Ari

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Explain better, because this doesn't seem to make much sense.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Of course this is impossible. I'll bet the TC hasn't even played the game.

For starters, Pit's arrows are continuous projectiles that are not effected by gravity. They DON'T come down, and they can't be bent at enough of an angle to make them return.

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman
On the border of Westminster and Arvada, CO, in a
ACTUALLY

This does work! Just... with one arrow only.

Pit's arrows CAN go around in circles.

I was in the WiFi waiting room when I decided to test this out. So I jumped a few times in the air and shot an arrow out, and curved it upwards in a slow circle.

Sure enough, it came back from the upper left part of the screen, and hit sandbag.

I went to training and did this it in Final Destination, and it worked there too. You can even do it from a standing arrow shot.

Does this have any actual combat application? Probably not.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Actually try what he says before calling him a liar. I've done it myself after an hour of testing.

Go to training in New Pork City. Make the computer stand on one end of the stage, and you go to the other, this will stretch out the camera. Fire two arrows straight up. Use the control stick to aim the second arrow towards the ground, then let go of the control stick. If you watch you'll see the first arrow follow the same inputed path a second later.

I've been able to make 4 arrows do this.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
I believe i am the first one to find this so i am naming it Arrow Rain for quick reference. The trick is to shoot 3-10 arrows straight up into the air. Then if you steer the first one down all the other ones can will come down in same place unless you move them. So to incorporate this in battle you would have to be good at pit be on a big stage and have your oppenent very far away from you. So i realize that the conditions are very needy and that you wont be able to do this in alot of fights. But still, this is alot of fun lol. I say 3-10 because anything below 3 wouldnt be cool enough. And i havent been able to get 10 shot and hit the ground all at once. Still fun to play with go test it out.

-Ari
Most of you dumb **** cant read. He said nothing about them dropping due to gravity. He said steer them, which you absolutely can do in brawl.

Edit: If arrows can be looped http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCa4elU8xJU Im sure they can do a 180 degree turn when shooting them up.

Just tested it. Ive only tried to do three. It works. All three came down and hit kirby in the same spot. This is a nice little trick.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Lol at everybody who came in here saying that its impossible. If any of you saw and practiced the Loop Arrow trick, this is simply a variation of that, and is completely possible!

Might be pretty useful.

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't exist if there's no video.
That's what my bro says.
Of course this is impossible. I'll bet the TC hasn't even played the game.

For starters, Pit's arrows are continuous projectiles that are not effected by gravity. They DON'T come down, and they can't be bent at enough of an angle to make them return.
@Tristan-brawl just came out in america your bro cant expect there to be a vid for everything.

@NESSBOUNDER-dont be stupid go try it out and you will see its not impossible...

@otherpeoplesayingitsBS-TRY IT BEFORE YOU DIS THIS TRICK its not hard if u can do a simple loop or multiple loops.

edit-btw i completely realize this is almost completely useless in the game buuuut, if you smash someone way across a big stage itll give you a little trick to land some damage its alot easier to steer and try to hit an enemy with 10 arrows rather then 1. mindgames people...mindgames..

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
Did some testing max ammount is 4 buut sometimes l8er in the game your arrows will somehow come back i was testing this then i did some gliding testing and in the middle of the a glide about a minute later an arrow came down from the stage i was like WEEEEEE ahh meteor, wait thats my arrow ^^ yey

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
no it doesnt dissapear trust me. Put it on tiny mode put on tiny mushrooms and lightning go to a big stage. You can easily shoot and control 6 arrows around the map. I suggest new pork city.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Is this just getting on the boards? After I got the game and was without human competitiion I screwed around with Pit's arrows and found this too. I started calling it Arrow Blitzing. It's already been included in my Pit video tutorial I'm working on.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
no it doesnt dissapear trust me. Put it on tiny mode put on tiny mushrooms and lightning go to a big stage. You can easily shoot and control 6 arrows around the map. I suggest new pork city.
wouldnt new pork be harder? wouldnt a custom that is as big as can be with the smallest blocks lining the bottome be better?

Javelin

Smash Rookie
****, that's impressive. I'm glad his arrows are so weak now or I'd be very scared.

Still, I look forward to seeing and fighting people who have properly mastered these arrows. Mindgames have a special place in my heart. :)

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
****, that's impressive. I'm glad his arrows are so weak now or I'd be very scared.

Still, I look forward to seeing and fighting people who have properly mastered these arrows. Mindgames have a special place in my heart. :)
You don't have to be scared. This takes some ridiculous setup, and is practically impossible to make it land where you want it to.

Ryu-u

Smash Cadet
wouldnt new pork be harder? wouldnt a custom that is as big as can be with the smallest blocks lining the bottome be better?

Ive tried on a custom stage.
Look at my video from my last post

Anyway i cant shoot more than 4! Oo
Maybe I need more training and stuff :dizzy:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You have to straighten it back out for 4-9. Otherwise their trajectory takes them off the side of the screen.

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
lol Since you're the first to bring this forward though I'll credit you in the video. ^_^
ty =D send me a pm with link to vid up when you get it i cant wait.
-----
-----
Oh btw to the rest of you still not able to do this. Learn everything about the arrows. I know every aspect of the arrow. Like the damage is 5-11. Then practice looping on final destination shooting left and looping right and back to you. Then go to old school fox ship and practice shooting up then looping to ground. If you can do all that then this trick should be very easy.

Dazz

Smash Rookie
It is very possible all you must do is build a board(just like the one on all the loop arrow videos) then shoot 3 arrows up into the air right after each other. after you shoot the third one steer it down and the other arrows will follow

Goombaguy

Smash Rookie
It is a pain to do because it seems you need to hug the outside of the joystick circumference to ensure the arrow doesn't just start going back up again (I guess it prevents directional re-calibration, sort of like when you're running in Resident Evil games and the camera changes). I almost managed to knick my own foot with my own arrow once, but you can control Pit's movement while the arrow is still in flight. The level does have to be massive for this to work, otherwise the arrow will just disappear off the top, or you'll lose sight of it and not even know where it's going to come down, if at all.

Goombaguy

Smash Rookie
I don't know what I was thinking writing that out. Just make a level that gives you room to get used to looping and gives you plenty of targets to try to hit, whether they're just blocks or whatnot. Just remember if you're doing fancy arrow things, you usually have to do things blind, since the arrows are off-screen.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
4 Arrows are the maximum that one can have at once. Another arrow will cancel the first one.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I really try to stay away from the fancy arrow raining and stuff because in the end, the opponent will know that your attention is split toward them and the arrows so they will charge recklessly to kill you since you don't give yourself much time on how to react....

Coffee™

I need it....
Arrow Rain is nice for casual/fun matches, but i'd never bother with it at a higher level of play. It's disadvantages far outweigh its advantages.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Actually i use it competitively, the problem is you guys use it at the wrong time. When you know someone off its better to chase them off unless they have ridiculous priority in the air. Rotating an arrow while they are somewhat away from you, IF YOUR ACTUALLY GOOD AT IT, Its a fast rotating hitbox WITH HIT STUN and you can respond to your opinion's moves accordingly. My favorite is arrow loop Fsmash... I do it so much its not funny, and if they shield they're basically asking you to grab them and combo into it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Rogue knows that I use the Rain competitively, and at times it has helped me out. I use it a lot and it helps me iimprove my aim as well as using it various ways, such as limiting my opponent's movement options.

Top Bottom