• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Around The World #1. Ness v Diddy

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Hey there Diddy mains, I've come from the Ness boards to start my tour of all the character boards to discuss match ups.

It's pretty self explanatory why I started at the Diddy boards considering he's arguably the best character in the game right now.

Basically I'm just after your thoughts about the MU:
What are your strategies against Ness?
Who has the advantage?
How do we beat the D-throw -> U-air combo?
What about Ness annoys you the most?
And finally, who wins this MU?

Personally I think Diddy has a slight advantage here, we have to get up close for the kill and Diddy can punish failed B-throw attempts/ smashes 'with relative ease', Ness had the off stage game covered with N-airs beating monkey flips and F-airs disjointed hitbox with good knockback making gimping Diddy not too hard but Diddys dominance on the stage really shines through thanks to his speed, bananas and great recovery on his moves.

Thats my 2 cents, I give this matchup to Diddy but I look forward to seeing your thoughts/ opinions.

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
1) Stay on the ground as much as possible cuz Ness is doodoo on the ground.
2) Diddy. All Ness really has on us is gimps with PKT and aerials (but lots of chars can easily gimp Diddy).
3) DI.
4) Fair.
5) See #2

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Cheers for the response, I guess F-air being annoying goes hand in hand with Ness being good off stage.

Feel free to expand answer beyond those 5 questions, Im interested in all opinions on this MU

Luisfer

Smash Rookie
What are your strategies against Ness?
Who has the advantage?
How do we beat the D-throw -> U-air combo?
What about Ness annoys you the most?
And finally, who wins this MU?
1) I try to bait his moves with running -> shield or short-hops, then punish accordingly with any of diddy's aerial or by throwing a banana if I have one in hand. I also try to read his pk-fires to do a smash monkey flip onto him, but this can be tricky since good ness players will space pk-fire really well or don't spam that move too much.
2) I feel like diddy has the edge, but by a short margin.
3) I'm not sure about ness's air movement speed, I feel like jumping and then going for the ledge is his best option since off-stage his aerials will beat most of diddy's.
4) PK-Thunder
5) IMO it's in Diddy's favor, 55-45 vs Ness

Last edited:
Top Bottom