• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada's fc nairs, how are they done?

Yttuty

Smash Apprentice
Well some of u may expect the answer of how to do this thing, but no, actually I would like to learn how these are done...

here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlBcmeQpjl0

I've tried making these with Y + Y + A but they don't work exactly as those shown at the vid. Also I've tried making a FC but I get really confused ( Y + hold down joystick + fast fall + A ), mmm how is this done CORRECTLY? cuz I really don't know and the ways I do it are pretty hard to do and they dont work that fine

thx btw

KingKAH

Smash Rookie
"First press x/y, then press stick down, let go of stick, press a, press down and let go of x/y."

Quoted from Samochan on Youtube.

Not positive if it's right, but it seems to be right in my head.

First post, ever.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
well its not armadas FC nairs but someone else started doing these before armada which was Doll / Wife

and yea something like what samochan said

Yttuty

Smash Apprentice
"First press x/y, then press stick down, let go of stick, press a, press down and let go of x/y."

Quoted from Samochan on Youtube.

Not positive if it's right, but it seems to be right in my head.

First post, ever.
well yeah it sounds "good" but... how the heck am I supposed to do this?
I mean, every time I try this I make dairs instead of those Armada FC nairs..

Antifate

Smash Rookie
Step 3, let go of stick.

Really you just need to tap the down for the float. Once you see Peach start to raise her arms to get into the float (or whatever visual cue you like looking for), set your stick to neutral and just press A.

It's not critical to your Peach game, so if you have other stuff you should work on, concentrate on those. While it may look flashy, you can live without it.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Hold down and jump to float off the ground.
Hold jump to continue floating.
Do an aerial in the float and then land, the aerial done in the float will have only 4 frames of lag.
Let go of jump to stop floating, tap down if you wish to fastfall.

Now do that mad fast. Remember that armada has the tech skill of a fox main on meth, so don't expect immediate results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfBAPX7L2Cg
Here's a vid of me doing it, I've been working on it for about a year. I can do it a little faster since then. As you can see, I'm no armada, but that's fast enough.

MacD

It's not critical to your Peach game, so if you have other stuff you should work on, concentrate on those. While it may look flashy, you can live without it.
not true at all!!!!!!

one of the best things peach has is her out of shield options that come with float cancels, granted you don't have to be able to do them as fast as armada, being able to do FC nairs in place is a great help

you'll never see someone do a lot in a row to someone, but there are times to run up FC nair and keep going or FC nair/bair out of shield, etc

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
lol, That's the same amount of Nairs I can do in 10 seconds. Frickin' Armada's got me beat by 3.1 seconds!!! >_< The only other Peach I know that can Nair retardedly fast like that is VaNz. Granted, I think Armada is a wee bit faster. (keep in mind I said that I KNOW. As in know personally.) My guess is XIF can probably Nair at a high speed as well. (probably around VaNz's speed)

Practice, practice, practice, kiddies. If you don't have AR like ARmada, then I suggest using training mode to see the points in which you can make your Nairs faster. I work with a rhythm...maybe it'll work for you...maybe not.

Samochan

Smash Master
You can also press Z instead of pressing A, whatever floats your boat. Dunno which button armada uses though, but maybe I'll ask him. :p

In essence though, first ofc you gotta instafloat but it's important to have the stick in neutral position before you press a or z, otherwise you'll dair. If you can get that nair, then you need to fast fall down for maximum speed and let go of Y/X, so you can press it again.

You shouldn't stress how fast you can do multiple nairs in a row though, but how fast you can actually perform an fc or rising or dash fc nair from within whatever position and move into the next attack.

pheX

Smash Apprentice
You can also press Z instead of pressing A, whatever floats your boat. Dunno which button armada uses though, but maybe I'll ask him. :p
I tried it both ways. With Z and with A. And i was way faster with A. Because its way faster to go from Y to A. But it depens on the person anyway.

When I was in Amsterdam I wanted to figure out how Armada does them. When he played against Amsah he was doing fc nairing on poke stadium again and I took a look at his fingers ^^
He is doing them with A button.

The Irish Mafia

I think Z's a little faster, less thumb movement. It's probably since I use X, though.

And It's more important to be able to do it in a short spurt than in a whole 10 seconds. I want to be able to do 3-4 seconds lightning fast. I've got a nasty peach pillar and I really want to make it better (:

Shino

Smash Apprentice
I saw Armada doing this trick all the time at Alliance in Amsterdam. He did even an improved version were he actually moves around the stage. It was sick to watch and he could even combo spacies at low percent with that trick. I hope he does this combo at Pound 4, because you guys probably wont believe me now, lol.

Excuse for my bad English.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Doing it moving is actually a lot easier for me. Also...you can do it to spacies at low %. VaNz and XIF have been doing it for a while. I can get about 3-4 off before they start getting pushed away. If you have a turnip in your hand, you can toss it for the chase and then follow with a FC Fair.

Watch some XIF vids...he's infamous for them.

Note: Most characters at very low % can get hit with 2 at the very least. (even floaties) The easiest character I've found to do this to is C. Falcon. It's a quick way to rack up damage so you can CG him.

Edit: Spacing has a lot to do with it, as well. However...once you get it, you'll understand what I mean.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
you can combo minimum 3 Nairs from 0-15% against Peach, Luigi, and Marth.

You can link 2 against a bunch of characters at varying percents, depends on the DI.

Y-A is I think the best way, and you can definitely do it frame perfect like that (I've managed to get the frame perfect kind where her arms don't come out a couple of times in tournament situations).

It's defintely worth learning, but not to the extent to where you rely on it. The fact of the matter is that FC Nairs are the safest move Peach can do. It's a decent combo, and great to do out of shield you can't grab behind you or you want to hit them off at a lower angle than shield grab f-throw would. Not to mention you can u-throw>fc nair for an edge guard or a tech follow against some characters.

Moving while doing FC-nairs is definitely a lot easier for me, I rarely just do it in place.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
XIF, what's your opinion on X-Z? Can it be done at the same speed?
It really is a matter of preference, I don't see any physical limitations at performing FC Nairs with any button combination, unless you're using up to jump or something.

All I'll say is that the X-button and Z-for-aerials are for weak *** f@gmos.

But don't let that discourage you :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Top Bottom