• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada - The Peach Prodigy (an Armada combo-vid)

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Great vid, nice editing

Normally I'd say:

"Combo vids are exaggerated, they take the best highlights from a billion matches and stick em together to look good."

But honestly...this is pretty much what matches with Armada look like all the time haha *looks at how I get combo'd* ;___;

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Nice vid. The editing was pretty good. It was simple and clear. Don't really like the zoom in and out that way though they feel a bit a forced. Nice too see you didn't go over board with the effects of the editing program just for the sake of it being in there. The text suits the vid well and it was positioned in the right place.

The fire background at the start looks pretty basic painted. My advice would be to add some more highlight to it so the fire really looks like its burning. More contrast between the darker and bright colors enhances it as well.

As for the actuall footage what can I say it's Armada. His comboes are beast and if you consider he pulls this off every tournament they look even more impressive. Comboing those players ain't easy but he makes it look so **** simple:p.

overall: Nice and enjoyable combo vid.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Thank you very much for the feedback. I highly appreciate it! :)

Ryuker: You're not the first person criticising the zoom-transition. I guess it was overkill with those, and a really bad attempt to use it for the synching :p
Also: I'm not really good with graphics, so I used something that was in the editing software. Maybe I should ask a professional for that part, but I didn't :p Though I got some basic photoshop skills, and I could indeed use it to make the image better. Guess I was too lazy...

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Your welcome. I don't mean to write a very critical review about it or anything just giving a few pointers. I have experience with this type of software as well and thus I don't just wanna say that it looks awesome cause I know better then that :). But this isn't intended to be a commercial vid or anything so I'm not gonna be too critical about it.

I commented on the fire cause I could clearly see your intention was that Armady looks like he's ready for battle and that it should give sort of a angry burning feeling but because the image consisted of pretty dark tones and didn't contain white that doesn't translate that well too the viewer.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I understand your points, and I totally agree. :)
Those comments are helpful, and if I don't get a little criticised, it will never get better. So hey, no big deal at all. After all; I asked for feedback :)

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Awesome video. Best peach combo video bar far.

I 0_0ed when I saw Masashi in the credits. Then I remembered that Armada and Masashi did have a set or two from that big tournament CJ / Masashi went to. mmm... I should definitely check those out. xDDD

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Awesome video. Best peach combo video bar far.

I 0_0ed when I saw Masashi in the credits. Then I remembered that Armada and Masashi did have a set or two from that big tournament CJ / Masashi went to. mmm... I should definitely check those out. xDDD
The first combo shown in the vid, was against Masashi :p
Armada 4-stocked Masashi that match.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I agree with the zoom-in transitions, they are god**** annoying lol. Other than that, great job, and good combos :p

Ja

Smash Journeyman
It's a very good peach, but I'd like to see how he does against American players and on NTSC version. It's hard to make comparisons when you don't know any of his opponents. :) I watched some videos like this one and it was just sad. It was a semi-finals vid and the falco Armada beat couldn't pillar and kept getting shield grabbed. Maybe pillaring was nerfed/removed in PAL, or maybe xsmash is not a major tournament, but you'd expect better spacing from a semi-finalist.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
It's a very good peach, but I'd like to see how he does against American players and on NTSC version. It's hard to make comparisons when you don't know any of his opponents. :)
Listen; he's playing against the best European players. Also; Armada really wanted to play PC Chris and Cort on ESA2(they were supposed to go there), but you know what? They didn't show up, cuz PC Chris was too lazy to fix his passport (he had like 3 months to fix it, if not more).
And if you don't recognize the names of most of the players mentioned in the credits, you don't know much about the European smash community.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
cuz PC Chris was too lazy to fix his passport (he had like 3 months to fix it, if not more).
I'd like to add a little precision : It wasn't a lazyness problem : PC lost his wallet with his ID card, which he needed in order to have his passport done. He had to wait for a new ID, which wasn't in time for the passport procedure to be complete before the tournament.

And if you don't recognize the names of most of the players mentioned in the credits, you don't know much about the European smash community.
And I must say it would be a shame, because the Euro smash scene is great =D

Anyway, just type the names Shyne mentioned in youtube (you may need to search "Amsah" to find videos of Nihonjin), and you'll have a few exemples.

how did helios get over here that one time? more of u guys need to get over here
Yep, Helios, Yuna, JD and Doraki came to a american tournament and well, many would want to go too. For Armada, he's only 14, so it might not be easy for now.
But you guys should come in Europe too ;)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'd like to add a little precision : It wasn't a lazyness problem : PC lost his wallet with his ID card, which he needed in order to have his passport done. He had to wait for a new ID, which wasn't in time for the passport procedure to be complete before the tournament.
I'd say it must have been partly lazyness that did it. He had like 3 months to fix this problem, and I'm pretty sure that he would have made it in time, if he tried hard enough. Just sitting home and wait helps nothing.

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
It's a very good peach, but I'd like to see how he does against American players and on NTSC version. It's hard to make comparisons when you don't know any of his opponents. :) I watched some videos like this one and it was just sad. It was a semi-finals vid and the falco Armada beat couldn't pillar and kept getting shield grabbed. Maybe pillaring was nerfed/removed in PAL, or maybe xsmash is not a major tournament, but you'd expect better spacing from a semi-finalist.
The opponent in that match, Svampen, is not a very technical player. He plays with mindgames, and could probably be compared to Drephen. That is why he got to the semi-finals. Hey, he even beat Helios that on Xsmash.

Also, Sweden > Norway. Not.

araknophobik

Smash Master
how did helios get over here that one time? more of u guys need to get over here
**** that ****. why would they come for melee tournaments when brawl tournaments are all the rage.

if anything we americans should travel to europe and compete over there since they haven't been tainted by brawl and still have large melee tournys =]

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
**** that ****. why would they come for melee tournaments when brawl tournaments are all the rage.

if anything we americans should travel to europe and compete over there since they haven't been tainted by brawl and still have large melee tournys =]
Why play a SHlTTY game(Brawl) when you can play an amazing game(Melee)?
WTF @ all the focus Brawl has got in the USA.

Can't say i agree with you there, norway sucks ***, even though i live in the capital.
Pfff, Norway owns. Our products are so expensive that only Norwegians can live in our country, and we own everybody else with high taxes. Also we got a lot of money we never use, and roads who looks like ****, plus an own law who forbids us to play poker. I don't know what you're talking about :O

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
**** armada... too smart :/ :/

I was like :O :O when he 4-stocked Masashi, but he got his worst match there.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
moving to europe, brb.

oh yeah, and not to get off topic or anything guys but...nice combo video ;)
it's sad some good competition got lost in a sea of *********** and were saved by the brawl boat...players like armada really started reinventing some aspects of the game. i hope you europeans can continue to explore the complexity of this amazing game, since i will most likely see little advancement in the american scene.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
No problem Hazygoose, =D its overflowing with smash tournaments this summer in norway, and brawl isn't even part of the most competetive tourmanets here.
I don't know if i can speak on behalf of entire europe, but melee wont go away anytime soon.

Armada is coming to the next tourney here MLT3 at my house =O i hope i have room for so much awesomeness.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
As some people still plays SSB64, people will still play Melee. Also; in Europe it seems like all the pros understands that Brawl is nothing but a casual game, and should not be played competitively. No matter how much they are trying to push the game, it's just slow, untechnical, and most important; not a good tournament game.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I saw two shieldgrabs in that whole match. :ohwell: And when he did it wasn't because he failed at pillaring. He didn't even try it during the whole match.
And how on hell is his spacing bad? look at 2:15-2:20. Wow, this guy really sucks at avoiding shieldgrabs, right?:dizzy:
And also thats mother****in svampen, know your place
check out his yoshi.

Top Bottom