• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
I heard that too many spicy threads can lead to ulcers o.O BMW was too right, this thread is insane! TN Smasher Locator isn't as dramatic as this.

8-bit- As Seif said, "Edit button for the win." Double-posting too much can get someone temp-banned, I hear ><

*edit* STFU FTW!

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I think that STFU has the right idea with keeping the crews seperate. There are three main crews in the Memphis-ish area and we all develop different styles which lead to learning more. Plus that way you can do crew battles too. There are always crew battles were you guys can join forces though...like TN vs. AR one day. But not being from AR I dont belong in here so this is my only post. Nice to see lots of AR people though.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Alright guys. That's why I was such a ****. Heat up the thread, and hey it worked. And as for being an attention *****, I guess I deserved that. And I gotta agree, SeiferSythe is one smart man, and I guess I haven't seen enough of Skye to truly pass judgment on him, I'm sure he's a very talented smasher.

If you're opposed to my Coalition (which I admit may have been a little exaggerated if not half-baked), then I guess I can do without it. Still, we need to up the ante for AR, so let's just call it an "unofficial" coalition, in very loose terms. We'll grow stronger as a state through friendly competition. Anyways, I hope we can get past the whole "8Bit is a ****" ordeal that has dominated the past 10 pages. I'm sure that before too long STFU and Vendetta Nation will become powerhouse crews, not just in AR, but everywhere. We've got a bright future ahead of us.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
yeah so when are you going to upload your crew vids? And what characters do you and your crew use.

execute

Smash Rookie
Yeah Fayetteville crew we will dominate the state. (looks around and sees nobody else) Oh well my falco and peach can just play by their lonesome.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah! You guys might want to know that. Well I use a lot. I mainly stick with Sheik, but I also use Roy, Mario, Peach, and a tad of Link. Desperado mainly uses Marth, but he also uses IC, Luigi, and Yoshi. Blink almost exclusively uses Link, but he's kinda streaky. Sometimes he's awe-inspiring, and sometimes he's lackluster. He dabbles in Doc, but he hasn't really gone with him in a while. We're the only ones that play it really seriously, but there are a few other guys that are borderline. We had a pretty good Falco user, but we lost touch with him after high school.

We're trying to get some vids out, but we're having some technical difficulties, specifically, we don't have a **** camera that works. We're gonna try to get it up. By the way, who is Sam Parker?

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Ok, hate to post for another thread, but there seems to be a lack of INNfo being spread in here, so I think its time for a shameless plug ^^

Not only is there a biweekly this Saturday (Mookie, Moogle, and lots more coming) but next biweekly is the much anticipated INNsomnia HalloWiikly! October 21, dress in Halloween costume and come to the INN for Smash! I think someone mentioned a costume contest, too..

Oh, and Smash Troopers 2, sequel to the highly successful Smash Troopers, is going down Friday (tommorrow). Check the thread for it to get location, time, costs, and then Mapquest it for directions.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
The weekend of the 20th is anyone up for going to play 8-bit wherever he is, so there are no excuses for "we cant make it" , or "our ride bailed" :)

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
im down with dat. oh yeah lvl9 you never said what you thought about the rest of the people in the vids so please tell us what you think

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Hey I hope you guys can make it down here to play us. I'm not sure where I'll be that day (sometimes I stay at Tech and other times I just chill in Scranton aka Ghosttown), but I'll let you know before hand.

Execute- I though you were. I've got you down as my friend now, so uh yeah whatever. If you go to UofA then you might know Brad Molder, who teaches an english comp class there. He's my cousin and like the coolest guy ever, although I have no idea what he's like as a teacher. Maybe we can get together for some smash and you can become part of the Vendetta Nation. I promise I'm not really an *******, it's just an online persona.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Not too far. Two hours at best. Maybe if BMWfalco and lvl9 come down on the 20th you can make it too. It'll be like the convergence of greatness, the best of AR in one place at one time. Yeah not sure if I'll have anything to do that day, I got a court date on the 23rd for a speeding violation (can you imagine?). I wouldn't think that would interfere, but you never know. Yeah I'm not trying to dodge you guys again, I allegedly was doing 93 in a 70, but that's a load, it wasn't me. I mean come on, when have I ever lied before?

execute

Smash Rookie
yeah if LR crew shows up I will do my best to make it down, because I would like to play all you guys at one time so everyone can decide if I am good enough or whatever.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Well you said you use Falco and Peach, which are deep characters. I'm sure BMWfalco can help you out, and from what I understand lvl9 used to use Peach. I use Peach too, but I really only use her to counter Desperado's IC. The whorenado destroys IC. Like I said, if Fayetteville doesn't have any competitive smashers, we'd be happy to have you in our crew. We've been looking for good players in Russelville, but we found little to no talent. Ther is supposed to be one guy who's good, but I haven't been able to reach him yet.

execute

Smash Rookie
there is one other good player named Isaac who mains CF. In van buren there is a guy named steve who is awesome. Those are the only players who I can play where I actually benefit from playing.

execute

Smash Rookie
He is extremely difficult to beat with all the characters. His two best would be (1) fox and (2) jigglypuff. But for example at INNsomnia this guy who was using yoshi started talking trash about steve for using only top tier characters, so in pool play when it was steve's turn to fight him steve picked yoshi and beat him.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Well I hate a good jiggs user, her aerial priority sucks to play against. But, it'd be nice to have a good one in our ranks. Alright execute, I'm gonna look into adding you, Isaac, and Steve to Vendetta Nation. That sets us up perfectly for a crew battle with STFU! Bring on the pain!

@STFU- Who is Skye? You guys said he's one of your most talented players but he's not in your sig and he doesn't post.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah as far as the best smasher in ARK goes that is 100% Chamberlin his fox owns *ss
actually if you had to rank STFU it would be (excluding ace)
Chamberlin
the saber guy
bmwfalco seifersythe lvl9
yeah the last three are about on the same level in my opinion but chamberlin owns us and so does the saber guy, and i havent seen ace play yet because he is in iraq right now but he is supposed to be the best in the crew.

execute

Smash Rookie
hey 8bit I've got an idea. We could have a nice mini tournament here in Fayetteville. Steve has a crew and he can bring them to fayetteville, Isaac, me, random people who play around here, and if you could bring your crew we could have a pretty decent mini tourney.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
@BMWfalco- Yeah, after looking at your vids, I have to concur. If Ace uses Marth, then you can pretty much bank on him being your best. Desperado mains Marth, and he is awesome. I can only beat him with Sheik and that's like the worst match-up ever. My Peach and Mario (especially Mario) never even come close to beating him. With Roy it's always a good game, but he tends to edge me out in the end. Still, overall we're pretty evenly matched. Blink is right below us, he's a great Link user, but sometimes he spams the Up-B too much and gets beat easily.

@execute- sounds good, we'll look into it. I'm looking forward to seing this Steve in action.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah as far as the best smasher in ARK goes that is 100% Chamberlin his fox owns *ss
actually if you had to rank STFU it would be (excluding ace)
Chamberlin
the saber guy
bmwfalco seifersythe lvl9
yeah the last three are about on the same level in my opinion but chamberlin owns us and so does the saber guy, and i havent seen ace play yet because he is in iraq right now but he is supposed to be the best in the crew.
Dude youre insane. Youd better ask Chamberlin about our skill levels. He has seen me at my best. I wont even toot my horn cause ill let him do it. Maybe Ace will tell you a little about me when i get serious. Recall a money match 3 stock?

But if you want to be accurate go check the last biweekley results then post your skill level opinions buddy :)

chamberlin

Smash Ace
i havent seen ace play yet because he is in iraq right now but he is supposed to be the best in the crew.
He's been in Iraq for around 2 months now. He's supposed to come back in a month or so(I think). When he comes back, we'll see if the desert has made him crappy or not... Knowing him, he'll practice till his fingers bleed until he starts to beat me again lol.

Oh yeah, Lvl9 is like a roulette wheel. He can either be freaking awesome or suckfest. Honestly, I'd like to see more matches between him and Sky to determine who's better. Saberguy and I have been pretty close for a while now. I think his Fox is prettier than mine, but mine usually wins a bit more. My list is probobly more like this:

-Me(Slightly better than Saber)
-Saber
-Lvl9/Sky(I wanna see some more to determine these 2. As for now I'm leaning more towards Lvl9 being a little better 'cause of his experience)
-Seifer/BMW

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, Lvl9 is like a roulette wheel. He can either be freaking awesome or suckfest.
Dangz.... harsh.... but true. That settles it. Round robin Team STFU tourney at the biweekley! then we see who is the STFU king, (until the next bi weekley of course)
good idea? bad idea? suggestions?

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I usually don't go to bi-weeklies to play people in my crew... But, it sounds pretty fun. I say good idea. We could do it tomorrow night, but Saber couldn't make it unless he drove forever. Plus, I think BMW is gonna be over at Nite's place on Friday.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
thats why i said do it at the biweekley so Saber and BMW can be there.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
A crew battle would be cool, I think those placements on how good we are are pretty much dead-on. Lvl9 I've seen you do well but other times you get ownt in the face lol. I dunno what it is but I always start off owning Chamber in fox dittos then I like to take b-airs to the face and he ends up winning, seems to happen every time.

At this bi-weekly though and probably all my matches I am going to be focusing more on the Captain, he flows better with me I think.

Call me tomorrow if you guys make plans.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
A crew battle would be cool, I think those placements on how good we are are pretty much dead-on. Lvl9 I've seen you do well but other times you get ownt in the face lol. I dunno what it is but I always start off owning Chamber in fox dittos then I like to take b-airs to the face and he ends up winning, seems to happen every time.

At this bi-weekly though and probably all my matches I am going to be focusing more on the Captain, he flows better with me I think.

Call me tomorrow if you guys make plans.
Dang seems everyone's up late tonight. Are you gonna drive 2 hours down here on Friday night? If you need a place to crash on Friday night you could probobly stay at my parent's place. We have an extra bed + shower since my brother moved out about a month ago, so you wouldn't have to sleep on the couch. Just offering so you wouldn't have to drive all the way home in the middle of the night.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I would like to but I don't know if I would be able to because I have to move stuff on Saturday. And if I did get to go I would want to come down at like 2 or 3 not at night.

shroom

Smash Cadet
Hey execute did you ever getting any thing going for smashing today. I look up the rules on the university funding tournaments Im not 100% but I think that the application has to be done way in advance like the previous semester.

execute

Smash Rookie
I don't have anything big planned today. Maybe after 5 I might be able to get something going, I'll call you if I can get anything going tonight...That sucks about the tournament thing. I think if we were to get tournaments going we would have to do all the work for them, I don't think we are going to get any help.

HEY 8 BIT-- if you want to talk to steve he posted way earlier in this thread. His name is SSBM addict 07 he's on one of the first three pages.

shroom

Smash Cadet
Yeah I think your probably right. Well we should try to get a small tounament going at first anyway and then we could go from there.

shroom

Smash Cadet
Yeah I can only think of one person who might actually be anygood. I dont know how good he is for sure. I know when I played him before he sucked but I heard from some one that he is a lot better and had been in a few tournaments. I will try to contact him though.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
yeah actually i was planning on putting up some vids of the run7 after the halloweekly. Featuring NITEMARES combo vid im gona make.
are there any vids of you guys playing or have you been to any tournaments

Top Bottom