• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Melee PR (10/?/10 Update)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
AZ Melee Power Rankings

Unbeatable Elite Five
1. Dylan :falcon:
2. Dylan :mario2:
3. Dylan :roymelee:
4. Dylan :ness2:
5. Dylan :bowser2:

1. Axe :025::falco:
2. Forward :fox::falco:
3. Taj :mewtwo::marth::falco:
4. GamerGuitarist7 :falcon:
5. Jetfour :sheik::falcon::random:
6. Silly Kyle :peach:
7. Tai :marth:
8. OkamiBW :sheik:
9. Rubyiris :falco::fox:
10. Tag$ :jigglypuff::fox:

NOTE: Delay for October rankings was because we didn't have a decisive answer for #10, but I just went ahead and updated it based on what most of the panelists said.

AZ at Heart
Wobbles :popo:
Light :peach:
YEAH! :falco::fox:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panelists: Tai, Silly Kyle, Taj, V3ctorman, Jetfour

This will be updated periodically.

The rankings may enforce a "ranking battle" system where we ask certain people to play out matches at the next tournament, provided that they do not play in tournament. These will count like tournament matches, and they will help panelists fill in knowledge gaps that make ranking more difficult.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mission Statement: "The purpose of this thread is to promote competitive Melee in the Arizona scene, to influence the scene, to help expand the community, and for out of state players to recognize the AZ community."

--V3ctorMan

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I think you would be a good panelist for Phoenix and I guess....Jeff, since I don't really know who else there would be from Phoenix. I would say Sean it's just that he plays Brawl now.

Tucson should have Jackie as a panelist if he wants it imo because he is without a doubt the best articulated judge of people's skill.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
*shrug*

kyle told me to do it

also, i'd be a WAAAAYYYY better panelist than goop

all offense intended <3

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I think the panelists should be:

1) TAI
2) Silly Kyle
3) GG7, Jet4, or Okami
4) TAJ, AXE, or Forward
5) Vectorman

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
alright honestly not to be mean but i dont know why silly kyle would be a panelist he only plays peach and i dont think he has any knowledge of other characters. and i dont think tim wants to be a panelist. i could be wrong though. and jackie over chris and okami imo and i wanna say jeff but im going to have to go with forward no actually i dont know i dont see taj that much on the boards. and forward apparently plays brawl now. and jeff is too modest lol

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
tim might want to be a panelist, but he's not sure
jeff doesn't want to be a panelist
jackie would be good, but idk if he's willing
silly kyle wouldn't be that bad if he weren't going to be really self-serving with it
i don't think forward wants to
taj would be down

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Enough *****ing, let's just get this **** started.
We've spent more time in the past couple years speculating a ranking than actually making one.
Let's go!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
So if I were to become a panelist, I would put myself at #1 on the AZ rankings. Kthx

But seriously, I have good panel experience.

Currently, I am a panelist for the Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and the Tucson Melee Power Rankings. In my opinion, I feel like I've been extremely fair and non-biased as I possibly can. I look at not only tournament results, but who beat who, how close the matches were, the matchups, etc.

It would be somewhat hard to be self serving anyway if we have a panel of 5 people to keep the others in check.

I say it's time to settle down all the nonsense and egos and get this **** started like Jackie said!!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
me, taj, jackie, kyle, ?

btw, timmy and jeff suggested using the SV challenge system

doesn't sound like a bad idea, except it might be difficult to work out knowledge gaps, and it sounds sorta wrong to say a beat b, so a > b overall sorta thing, but i think it may be a good idea that's semi-based on the challenge system to make certain players play ranking-battles outside of tourney if we don't have enough tourney data to make certain decisions.

btw afaik, all these panelists have AIM. should that be the primary method of communication?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I say we get someone from Sierra Vista.

We have two Phoenix and two Tucson. I think Vectorman would be the best choice, if he's up to the challenge.

The SV challenge system sounds like it could help if there are some debates about certain things as well as having ranking matches too.

AIM could work as our primary method of communication.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'm "affirmative" for being a panelist... I do agree, that a form of "SV's challenge system should be used but... it is what it is... Honestly someone should get these started.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
so ummmm

panelists, when can you all be on AIM?

i'm free pretty much all day tomorrow
timmy's free pretty much all day tomorrow
taj has work from 4-10 PM
kyle....?
jackie....?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
K I'm off work and done making dinner. My opinion agrees mostly except what I told you last night Tai. That's the one change I would make.

My character main list is inaccurate. I used Marth, Jigglypuff, and Falco as much as Sheik last tournament.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Chris beats more people (in state and out) than Jackie and lower. Just because Jackie beats Chris doesn't mean he's better. It's like Doc having an okay-ish matchup against Sheik, whereas Samus has way more trouble against Sheik. Doesn't mean Doc is better than Samus.

Tony hasn't played in too many local tournaments so he is based on what everyone's opinion is.

That's just my guess.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
K I'm off work and done making dinner. My opinion agrees mostly except what I told you last night Tai. That's the one change I would make.

My character main list is inaccurate. I used Marth, Jigglypuff, and Falco as much as Sheik last tournament.
Just FYI at everyone, "what [Jackie] told [me] last night" was "Rubyiris for #1." :laugh:

So if I use Pichu against everyone who doesn't have a chance of beating me, and I use Marth against those who do, and the former number happens to be larger than the latter, does that make me a Pichu main?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
1. Forward - wins most consistently in-state, and still does pretty well OOS. we (jeff approves, too) came to the conclusion that Forward deserved #1
2. AXE - This is pretty obvious once we assume that Forward is #1
3. GG7 - Best tourney performance behind the top 2. Taj hasn't entered anything, and it's not completely impossible that Chris would win, however, Taj probably has a better chance vs 1/2, he hasn't entered anything except like, I'm on a House and some other tourney. Taj is still actually *active*, though despite his relatively poor tourney attendance.
4. Taj - Still pretty much accepted to be above me and Jackie
5. Jackie - Beats me in tourney, doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, but hasn't particularly accomplished anything against/over anyone above him
6. Tai - I still have overall, a better tourney record than Kyle (on top of being like, 4-0 against him) and I generally do better vs the people above us than he does. However, manipulating bureaucracy and arguing the "Tai lost to Okami" card hard enough could probably tie Kyle with me, but I refuse to be broken. (Tai breaker! Kekeke get it?)
7. Kyle - By far the best/most consistent tourney record behind 1-6 (probably more consistent than mine LOL)
8. OkamiBW - Beat me
9. V3ctorMan - I think he's just generally accepted to be "rank status" despite a poor tournament record. To be honest, we sorta followed our hearts with ranking Timmy, and we didn't really base it off anything concrete.

10. Rubyiris - I *think* (don't quote me on this) he accepts Timmy as a better player than him, but Xander is in that echelon of players who are above (Arizona's) average, and he seems to just outdo the others statistically. The other candidates for 10 were G-mo, Shiv, and Tag (we decided that Goop's record didn't exactly cut it, and Nicknyte/whoever else is around this level isn't nearly active enough). I think Xander's accepted as above Shiv, and I think Tag didn't really have anything supporting him as 10. Timmy and Elvis agreed on this, and Tag lost to G-mo at the last tourney, so G-mo would get it before Tag anyway. Rubyiris has better tourney attendance, and he's been playing more, as well. It's arguable that G-mo is as good as/better than Xander subjectively, but more people just agreed upon Xander. (Kyle, Timmy, and I voted Xander, Tony voted G-mo. I subjectively (not with bias, but with my experience with G-mo) wanted to vote for him, but Xander had more going for him in tourney).

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
There's a love triangle going on between Rob, Tai, and me!!

I beat Rob. Rob beats Tai. Tai beats me!! Ugh!! Stupid Marth!!

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
ill be taking that no. 1 spot when i come back ok! and how come im not on here! i still play! you guys are just bullies lol

EDIT: i dont know if its just me or do those rankings look really odd lol

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
1. Forward - wins most consistently in-state, and still does pretty well OOS. we (jeff approves, too) came to the conclusion that Forward deserved #1
2. AXE - This is pretty obvious once we assume that Forward is #1
3. GG7 - Best tourney performance behind the top 2. Taj hasn't entered anything, and it's not completely impossible that Chris would win, however, Taj probably has a better chance vs 1/2, he hasn't entered anything except like, I'm on a House and some other tourney. Taj is still actually *active*, though despite his relatively poor tourney attendance.
4. Taj - Still pretty much accepted to be above me and Jackie
5. Jackie - Beats me in tourney, doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, but hasn't particularly accomplished anything against/over anyone above him
6. Tai - I still have overall, a better tourney record than Kyle (on top of being like, 4-0 against him) and I generally do better vs the people above us than he does. However, manipulating bureaucracy and arguing the "Tai lost to Okami" card hard enough could probably tie Kyle with me, but I refuse to be broken. (Tai breaker! Kekeke get it?)
7. Kyle - By far the best/most consistent tourney record behind 1-6 (probably more consistent than mine LOL)
8. OkamiBW - Beat me
9. V3ctorMan - I think he's just generally accepted to be "rank status" despite a poor tournament record. To be honest, we sorta followed our hearts with ranking Timmy, and we didn't really base it off anything concrete.

10. Rubyiris - I *think* (don't quote me on this) he accepts Timmy as a better player than him, but Xander is in that echelon of players who are above (Arizona's) average, and he seems to just outdo the others statistically. The other candidates for 10 were G-mo, Shiv, and Tag (we decided that Goop's record didn't exactly cut it, and Nicknyte/whoever else is around this level isn't nearly active enough). I think Xander's accepted as above Shiv, and I think Tag didn't really have anything supporting him as 10. Timmy and Elvis agreed on this, and Tag lost to G-mo at the last tourney, so G-mo would get it before Tag anyway. Rubyiris has better tourney attendance, and he's been playing more, as well. It's arguable that G-mo is as good as/better than Xander subjectively, but more people just agreed upon Xander. (Kyle, Timmy, and I voted Xander, Tony voted G-mo. I subjectively (not with bias, but with my experience with G-mo) wanted to vote for him, but Xander had more going for him in tourney).
**** i like this post.

forward

Smash Champion
It feels good to be number 1 still. That's like, 8 years running now. Dang, I need to stop playing this game.

Even when I stop I still win though! Haha, somebody get better than me!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
It feels good to be number 1 still. That's like, 8 years running now. Dang, I need to stop playing this game.

Even Only when I stop I still win though! Haha, somebody get better than me!
kekekekekekeke

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
the only thing I disagree with is Rob's placement. Lol.

As for Tag and Gmo: I haven't played Gmo recently, but I've beaten Tag pretty convincingly the last few times we've met up. Sure they're "just friendlies" but everybody knows I play much better in no-pressure environments.

Tim's definitely better than me, lol. He'd also definitely be higher on the rankings if he wasn't a ***** and stuck with Falco.

Top Bottom