• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Anyone wanna be my partner in doubles in the Jan - 5th tourny for Brawl? I can play Snake, DDD and maybe MK?

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
All-Stars isn't that bad, it does seem pretty bad competitively though.
I use Sir Daniel and Sackboy. :D
Well, at least that's who I used in the few matches that I played it in. :p

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Sir Daniel Fortesque is cool. He's totes hard to play as, but fun. He's certainly a Playstation All-Star aswell, he deserved to be in.

Big Daddy is pretty sick too. His Lvl.2+Lvl.3 are real good. His Lvl.1 is garbage by itself, but you can combo into it.

I hate everything about Sly. Playing as him sucks since the n**** can't roll or block. Playing against him, he can steal 40AP from you just by pressing square twice for his jab combo, so he builds meter 9000x faster than Kratos. As soon as he meter, its Invisa-mode and teleprting the whole time until some gets close enough, and then he does his retardedly great Lvl.1 which just racks up the kills. **** Sly Cooper.

The characters I like to play are
PaRappa
Heihachi
Big Daddy
Dante the Fraud
Sweet Tooth
and then Kratos/Raiden/Drake to be an *******. Although, I do like Raiden and Kratos from their games, Drake is just stupid easy to play as.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
We should play All-Stars sometime Tommy just for sh*ts and giggles, I've been playing it since I got it for Christmas.

I use Raiden and Jak/Daxter, I want to learn Drake but haven't had the time, I don't know how you find him so easy to use, his style feels super-goofy. Then again I use Jak so I don't know what I'm talking about.

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Sup peeps. After speaking with the Rave f'n Remix it has been decided that the Apex viewing will be held at my place. Come on over on Saturday around 2ish. So far there are eight people that said they will come. Please feel free to bring chips, soda, water, etc. as I will be BBQing some chicken and bacon wrapped hot dogs. There could be more too. And of course bring your Brawl/PM/Melee/Smash64 setups. I have one CRT TV so fill free to bring more if you want. I live in Glendale. The major cross streets are 67th ave and Bell. My address is:

17500 N. 67th Ave. Apartment 1021
Glendale, AZ 85308

If you need to reach me message me on here or send me a text. My number is 602.405.4399

I hope to see you all here on Saturday.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
@Aaven

I'm down to play All-Stars next tourney. Trust me man, Drake is free to play as. I thought he was worthless at first. Then I learned.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
JUST FREAKIN WATCHED SALEM TAKE 1ST AT APEX BEATING OUT M2K. SO HYPE!

Maybe I should try picking up ZSS again...:p

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Anti would've won if he beat Mew2king. Not that I'm mad though, better than a Japanese player winning.

Also since I'm sure a lot of you are homosesual and only watched the Brawl stream, Genesis 3 is July 19th-21st. I'm not sure about the rest of you guys, but I know I'm going lol.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Yeah, here's hoping to it being a better location. Having a hotel near the venue and an In-N-Out right by is great, but the threat of muggings and the like kind of out-weigh that.

LOE1

Smash Lord
just read the last 5 pages of this

im liking how this is going. someone fly me to AZ :)

:yeahboi::wario::yeahboi:

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Definitely interested in going to Genesis 3, I had a blast at the last Genesis event.

We should get a carpool going AZ.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
let's start planning for genesis 3 now! omg hype genesis 2 was amazing can't wait for the next one! my Peach is hungry <3

:phone:

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Tempted to get a hotel room ASAP. I kind of want to have 2 rooms. One where people can go and just sleep without having to worry about people being awake. And another where people can go to smash with multiple set ups (Brawl/Melee both preferably).

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Rob's idea is pretty ****, I like it.

Also, Jesus and I have started a carpool. Currently, our plan is to leave on Wednesday, so that we can get to Sky Harbor that same day and then fly out. If anyone else is interested in joining us, let us know.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
The tournament itself is July 19th-21st, but expect to have to be there from at least the 18th to the 22nd. As for money, it all depends lol.

It'll be somewhere in NorCal. The last two times have been in Antioch, but there is a possibility of it being elsewhere because of mugging-related events that occurred last year. No promises though.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
This may not mean much. But I have a buddy who lives like 60-70 miles from the venue (if it's in Antioch). The neighborhood where he lives is pretty upscale. I'm not certain I can have people stay there though. Couldn't hurt to ask though? I also live on the way (Driving wise at least) from central/eastern az to Cali, Off Route 66.

Eh, oops, miscalculation. He lives much further than that. So never mind the above statement... I am on the way to No-Cal from Az though.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Tempted to get a hotel room ASAP. I kind of want to have 2 rooms. One where people can go and just sleep without having to worry about people being awake. And another where people can go to smash with multiple set ups (Brawl/Melee both preferably).
If I drive to this I'd bring a brawl setup for this

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest at my place today! K9, HeySeuss, Robert, Jard, Rizner, Zach, and Nazo will be coming, so it should be a good time. I have 5 TVs and every system besides a Wii U, so the only thing I advise you guys to bring is controllers and games. I also have a new 4-legged roommate, so please don't come if you're allergic to dogs.

My address is:
Biltmore Promenade Condominium
2625 E Indian School Rd
Unit 343 (Building 12, i.e. the very last building if you follow the parking lot to the end...my apartment is on the side of the building facing 27th St)
Phoenix, AZ 85016

Gate code: #1234
Phone (call or text) 480-522-6912

Remember to park in uncovered spots only. If there are no spots available in the main parking lot accessed on Indian School Rd, park in the secondary gated parking lot that is accessed on 27th St (slightly south of Indian School Rd).

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
So for those of you who don't know, I'm going to Italy to study for 3 months starting this Thursday. I know my attendance has kind of fallen off over the past year, but I'll still miss you guys.

Yummy!

Smash Apprentice
ive been wondering where you've been derp haha. That sounds tight. Good luck and have fun man

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Have fun, Tommy. You should stop by a tournament when you get back, though. I'll make sure to stop by too.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
So are we planning for a trip out of state any time soon? I'm interested and would start putting money aside for a carpool, greyhound, plane ticket or whatever form of transportation is used.

Top Bottom