• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Wow, I wont even defend FFM in this one. I think this picture going to spell it clearly.

Stop insulting people Sean. I can't go two pages into seeing useless, smasher bashing drama.

DL, I believe, picked a character he liked. You cannot hate someone who plays a character they like, even if it beats you. To say that to Chris was just in bad taste. He likes playing Metaknight, and if you don't like it, fine, but don't question his ability by denoucing his character. He does pretty well with Snake, Marth, and Peach, his Meta, is just better. :D

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
All I have to say is Unity

"Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO."

:phone:

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
It depends on the TO. If a guy wants to forfeit a match, why force him to play? He's already did well. Most of match fixing, splitting, and bracket manipulation is done by the TO. If the TO, being DL, decided not to punish it, its his call. As it said, it is not allowed and able to be punished (punishable) by the TO.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
It shows that you really don't care about this game; and are a detriment to the competitive scene as far as I'm concerned, like MK

That doesn't validate your statement regarding the idea that Chris has no actual skill and just abused Mk to win.

If you want to point out bracket manipulation, I'd like to bring up the fact that you gave yourself an easy first-seed pool at your tournament, and game me a pool with Kyle in it. You proceeded to get last place in bracket, and I got 4th.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
If you want to show everyone that you are serious as being a member of this community, Sean, stop denoucing others. This is Arizona, this is your home, your family. If you don't like what one of your family does, then you can keep it to yourself, not exploit them for who they are to put yourself on a higher standard, and them on a lower pedestal.

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't validate your statement regarding the idea that Chris has no actual skill and just abused Mk to win.
It shows he needs MK to maintain dominance at the top, recent tourneys have demonstrated this

Just noticed your edit. My pools are random, don't believe me? Ask the half dozen or so others that saw them come up

Jar'd

Smash Ace
It shows he needs MK to maintain dominance at the top, recent tourneys have demonstrated this

No, it shows he has put the most time into MK, therefore he is most confident in MK, who is [probably] his best character. He's won tourneys in the past without mk, and if he put as much time into MK as other characters, and if he actually kept the same motivation as he used to have (hint:he hasn't practiced seriously since sometime in 2010), he'd dominate with them, because he's the most talented/skilled person in our state.

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
No, it shows he has put the most time into MK, therefore he is most confident in MK, who is [probably] his best character. He's won tourneys in the past without mk, and if he put as much time into MK as other characters, and if he actually kept the same motivation as he used to have (hint:he hasn't practiced seriously since sometime in 2010), he'd dominate with them, because he's the most talented/skilled person in our state.
Staying in motivation is a personal problem >_>

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
I don't know if FoxFire is trolling or serious from the looks of him on FB I would say trolling. Anyway regardless if he understands or not, Chris has a social life and doesn't care as much about the game to practice like he use to. FoxFire learn to play the game and get better please stop talking about things you have no experience with, you don't know anything about our scenes history. I was #1 till Chris took it further and started beating me, as well as Kyle and Kira. This community caters to players like you and that is why its the laughing stock of all fighting game communities. Also its funny that Jard can forfeit whenever he wants and still place higher than you who tries really hard because you practice sooooooo much.

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if FoxFire is trolling or serious from the looks of him on FB I would say trolling. Anyway regardless if he understands or not, Chris has a social life and doesn't care as much about the game to practice like he use to. FoxFire learn to play the game and get better please stop talking about things you have no experience with, you don't know anything about our scenes history. I was #1 till Chris took it further and started beating me, as well as Kyle and Kira. This community caters to players like you and that is why its the laughing stock of all fighting game communities. Also its funny that Jard can forfeit whenever he wants and still place higher than you who tries really hard because you practice sooooooo much.
1. Completely serious

2. I get continually better

3. Every fighting game community is a joke, I've done SF3, MVC2, SoulCal, BB, etc. They ate are all equally stupid

4. I play this game like once a week if that, I don't even own a Wii

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
AND I SAY HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA I SAY HEY WHATS GOING ON! AND I SAY HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA I SAY HEY WHATS GOING ON! Yea.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
@justin i understand your point clearly, but chris will still be number one for a while regardless i have no doubts his snake, marth and falco are still good.

His falco is going to grow, and be outstanding. As Chris rose with Mk he will shine with his other char's, Mk isn't the problem with this game and people fail to realize what the problem is.

The Problem is everyones not as tight and black as me. And also they need to know that even if metas banned or not im still gunna **** them in the ***. Another thing only someone like me is going to beat chris because im Ichigo and hes Aizen in a Bleach prophecy me and my buddies made up. People need to grow up and start knowing that I am the best.

So dont worry justin

This is K9 for the record, im just on kira's computer.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Way too much immaturity going on in this thread. Lets tone down the personal insults people, as those have no point in these discussions. Now, I am not on anyone's side in this little argument that we are having, but I just want to say a few things regarding Chris.

Chris is a fantastic player, with or without MK. I believe that he will still do fantastic at tournaments without him. I was talking on the phone to K9 earlier today, and one of the things I told him was that I felt bad for Chris because he spent so much time training with MK, and now MK is gone. However, the debate about banning MK isn't anything new. Its been around for ages. The risks were apparent, and so you can't bring the pity factor into this too much. Plus, the experience and knowledge that he gained from his training with MK will not disappear. It will flow into whatever character he decides to main, and he will get so much better with that character in a short time. I guarantee that you will see him getting to the Grand Finals again.

Also, I was and am pro-ban for MK. However, this has nothing to do with this scene, as Chris was the only MK user here that I really couldn't beat.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
@Justin i totally understand, because i would be the same way but you don't have to argue your point.

If you love and know chris then you know this is pointless, and its nice to see friends care like you.

@yoshiken i have to be home in 3 hours and alex and kevin are staying the night at my house so i don't know.

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
Pocket Fighter has a scene? I need to get into that. Plus what character? MVC2 has **** for balance, everyone practically has an infinite, even Megaman. Magneto/Storm just have the easiest infinites to do, and Sentinel the best assist. It is by no means broken though, overcentralizing sure, but far from broken

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
You stated that he didn't learn the game and only abused MK because Chris planks and times people out every match since he has been #1 since you know so much? Everybody knows how nice of a person I am but geez you can push some buttons with that trolling.

p.s. Nicknyte is a cool guy wish we could have gotten to know each other.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
*double post* K9, Kevin, you guys should come over my house now! I am heckuva bored :(
fine i dont want to hangout with you either!

Im the squid (new guy) to this scene and I have to say Im so happy I came to AZ. If things go well with the main reason Im here I may just live here when I transfer colleges from CA to AZ. You guys have made me freaking happy compared to the place I use to be. Im glad I have met most of you and soon will meet more to come. My pro ban towards MK has nothing to do with Chris at all. I may have not known him for years like all of you but I can say he does work hard with his character and where he places in tournaments. He still ***** me with his Marth and I see he will have no problem staying on top. Love you AZ guys. Besides Yoshicant <3

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
You stated that he didn't learn the game and only abused MK because Chris planks and times people out every match since he has been #1 since you know so much? Everybody knows how nice of a person I am but geez you can push some buttons with that trolling.
Perfect example to the way I acted towards this guy seriously. You are discrediting all the work Chris put into learning MK and or this game?
Learning the game? No. Abusing the gayest character in the game, a fact that has been known for over 3 and a half years? Yes
So um when did I insult something other than his use of MK?

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
This guy has downs, regardless I hope that one day you make it out of pools and become a successful super smash bros. brawl player and achieve all your dreams in life!!!!!!!!!!! The thing though you will never understand or experience with your attitude is that the community is like family and I have had so much fun hanging out with everybody at tourneys and after tourneys regardless about character bans and cry babies.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman

Lol, Rocket Power reference.

I don't want you to come over Rob, as I hate you, remember? You and your Wario Fat in Mario Party that keeps me from getting onto platforms in that colored platform mini-game

Heck yeah Yoshicant. If I had my Toad i would be easily winning! I want to play you more in Brawl so you can get better! Plus I still need to eat all of your food!

@Nick - Is it her big ears?

Jane

Smash Hero
me and justin had an intense debate about the ban on facebook. :3

sean, you seriously need to cool it because you're only hurting your own reputation.

Top Bottom