• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arena 51 Brawl Tournament: Results Thread

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Meta-wannabes make the cheapest whores seem like mother teresa.
That line is amazing and so true. MK is just a convenient and very effective way to win and it's a logical choice if you are playing in tournaments. It sucks that people don't actually like MK and use him for the sake of winning, but it's tournament and you are trying to win. Players who tier ***** probably have some type of traumatic experience in a tournament and think it's probably the only way to win.

It's unfortunate that MK ***** everyone else's favorite characters like Sonic, Yoshi and Peach. It's extremely difficult to win in a tourney dominated by MK, Snake, ROB, Falco and DDD, but players like Boss, Pika Pika and Ninja Link prove that you can win with the right amount of passion, smarts and talent. A lot of those players rely on higher tier characters for bad matchups. For instance, Pikachu vs MK (Pikachu is still a really good character) isn't very fair if MK user is playing his or her cards right. So the Pikachu main secondaries either MK or Snake to keep a positive record against the MK user and can hopefully use Pikachu later rounds and hopefully outplay that main or hope the MK user picks another character to make the set more even.

Brawl tournaments is all about matchups and things like skill aren't as significant especially with the mechanics of this new game. Tier whoring is an unfortunate consequence of the game mechanics and gay players. Both Silver's and my favorite character, MK, will be whored because of how much he dominates in nearly every matchup.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
It's not that they have passion or any of that garbage, it's just, up to this point, their opponents have been worse than them. Those days are quickly coming to an end.
Not necessarily. Not everyone knows how to play vs a good Pikachu, Sonic or whatever and it catches them off guard when they are introduced to a new playstyle. Some of the low tier vs high tier matches aren't that bad either. If you improve skillwise and know the matchups, then it's obvious that you will do better win or lose against lower tier characters using Falco or Metaknight.

I hope that wasn't a retaliatory comment about your defeat against a Sonic or Pikachu because you shouldn't be ashamed since they are better players and you have something to improve on. Losing is useful because it helps you find more effective solutions to your opponent whether it's a higher tier character or become more proficient with your favorites. Doesn't matter how you win as long as you win.

Ryoto better attend the next event. I haven't seen that canine in forever.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Not necessarily. Not everyone knows how to play vs a good Pikachu, Sonic or whatever and it catches them off guard when they are introduced to a new playstyle. Some of the low tier vs high tier matches aren't that bad either. If you improve skillwise and know the matchups, then it's obvious that you will do better win or lose against lower tier characters using Falco or Metaknight.

I hope that wasn't a retaliatory comment about your defeat against a Sonic or Pikachu because you shouldn't be ashamed since they are better players and you have something to improve on. Losing is useful because it helps you find more effective solutions to your opponent whether it's a higher tier character or become more proficient with your favorites. Doesn't matter how you win as long as you win.

Ryoto better attend the next event. I haven't seen that canine in forever.
for reals, i proly gonna have to cover like 2-3 shifts at work just to get off that day for the tourney.

now let me set a few things straight...

1. just like many other people on the internet. i get cocky from behind my computer. i mean most of what i say but im just brash

2. everyone in that crew proly has beaten me, but you know what. (yannick is gonna love this) im like a saiyin that way, you beat me and ill always come back stronger. yah i lose a lot, but i use those loses as springboards to look at my game and improve every chance i get. thats why i won that one tourney, because at the one before it, pikapika smacked me around cause i didnt know the matchup, but in those two weeks inbetween, i played goodies' pika every chance i could get. he stomped on me for two hours straight with that little rodent. but thorugh that i learned and got better, and handed neil his behind at the tourney that i won. at the last tourney, that dude's diddy beat me. and you know what ive been doing since then, 2 hours against diddy with kelvin. ive been learning the matches for all of your characters. and i will show you what i can really do if i get to this next tourney

3. Ryoto, dont try to act like you 3 stocked me, that was a close match adn you know it. but it was madd fun, and im looking forward to getting another shott at you...lol. i hope youve improved, cause i know i have.

4. somebody said that sonic is garbage tier... drink some more haterade, please, i hear its on sale down at aldi. thats what i second lucario for.

5. KoJ. if you really believe the things you say about me, MM? 10$ best of 3 falco v sonic. and 10$ best of 3 DK v sonic. you have 8 days to accept. and did you just admit that you are the worst player in your crew? no joke, thats what it sounds like...

6. no cheese cake for kirk

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
.... and MK is still fruity.

btw have you guys seen the "MK should be banned" threads it actually makes a halfway decent arguement, even though it wont happen until SS's and pika's MK win like 15 tourneys in a row

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
.... and MK is still fruity.

btw have you guys seen the "MK should be banned" threads it actually makes a halfway decent arguement, even though it wont happen until SS's and pika's MK win like 15 tourneys in a row

Pika Pika plays MK? Oh god....

Ryoto

Smash Rookie
Sonic is bad in brawl. Low middle tier at best.

I didn't imply anything about a 3 stock. Both our matches were 2 stocks if I remember correctly.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
A) Not necessarily. Not everyone knows how to play vs a good Pikachu, Sonic or whatever and it catches them off guard when they are introduced to a new playstyle.

B) I hope that wasn't a retaliatory comment about your defeat against a Sonic or Pikachu because you shouldn't be ashamed since they are better players and you have something to improve on.
A) Exactly. It's like Jiggs winning in melee. Very few people fight her correctly. It doesn't mean they are good characters, especially when referring to Sonic.

B) Neil is better than me, Kyle isn't.

for reals, i proly gonna have to cover like 2-3 shifts at work just to get off that day for the tourney.

now let me set a few things straight...

1. just like many other people on the internet. i get cocky from behind my computer. i mean most of what i say but im just brash

2. everyone in that crew proly has beaten me, but you know what. (yannick is gonna love this) im like a saiyin that way, you beat me and ill always come back stronger. yah i lose a lot, but i use those loses as springboards to look at my game and improve every chance i get. thats why i won that one tourney, because at the one before it, pikapika smacked me around cause i didnt know the matchup, but in those two weeks inbetween, i played goodies' pika every chance i could get. he stomped on me for two hours straight with that little rodent. but thorugh that i learned and got better, and handed neil his behind at the tourney that i won. at the last tourney, that dude's diddy beat me. and you know what ive been doing since then, 2 hours against diddy with kelvin. ive been learning the matches for all of your characters. and i will show you what i can really do if i get to this next tourney

3. Ryoto, dont try to act like you 3 stocked me, that was a close match adn you know it. but it was madd fun, and im looking forward to getting another shott at you...lol. i hope youve improved, cause i know i have.

4. somebody said that sonic is garbage tier... drink some more haterade, please, i hear its on sale down at aldi. thats what i second lucario for.

5. KoJ. if you really believe the things you say about me, MM? 10$ best of 3 falco v sonic. and 10$ best of 3 DK v sonic. you have 8 days to accept. and did you just admit that you are the worst player in your crew? no joke, thats what it sounds like...

6. no cheese cake for kirk
Cut the crap. This isn't an anime, it's real life. There is no hero constantly training, and always comes up clutch after defeat. Get real. And yes, I'm the worst player on my crew. They are all far more dedicated to this game than I could ever hope to be. Doesn't mean I won't beat you however.

Also, I am going to make a huge John for Neil. Just because you beat him, doesn't have to have any correlation to your practice. Neil is easily one of the best players in this area; no questions asked. You got super lucky, and caught him on a bad day. I don't think he will ever let that happen again. Get stomped more please.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
is that a yes to my MM challenge?

im dead serious right now. ive stated my challenge twice in this thread if im not mistaken.
i believe i have more skill than Stefan in Super Smash Brothers: Brawl and I amd willing to put my money on th line to prove it. if you can beat me 2/3 with falco, ill give you 10 bucks and if you can do it with DK, ill give you another 10. thats the challenge, stop avoiding the issue and give me an answer.

and ryoto, if I remember correctly, Wolf isnt the best character in the game either, so I have no choice but to assume that you play him becuase you like the character. I feel like your attacking me for doing the exact same thing you did. thats not fair. and if he was that horrible I wouldnt have been on the list of the best ppl in this area, especially since im the only one on that list that plays a character lower than high tier

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
is that a yes to my MM challenge?

im dead serious right now. ive stated my challenge twice in this thread if im not mistaken.
i believe i have more skill than Stefan in Super Smash Brothers: Brawl and I amd willing to put my money on th line to prove it. if you can beat me 2/3 with falco, ill give you 10 bucks and if you can do it with DK, ill give you another 10. thats the challenge, stop avoiding the issue and give me an answer.

and ryoto, if I remember correctly, Wolf isnt the best character in the game either, so I have no choice but to assume that you play him becuase you like the character. I feel like your attacking me for doing the exact same thing you did. thats not fair. and if he was that horrible I wouldnt have been on the list of the best ppl in this area, especially since im the only one on that list that plays a character lower than high tier
I'll say yes to the Falco one. I only have so much patience for camping.

Also, barring D3, Wolf is better than any character you play, and has actually been considered for Top 5.

Until then, you can't state that you are better than me, because tournament results would show otherwise. You had one outstanding week. Congrats.

Ryoto

Smash Rookie
I'm not trying to attack you or anything. I just don't like when sonic fanboys act like he's good in brawl because he's sonic. It doesn't matter how cool you think he is, he still has no priority, no range, dies early, and kills late.

Wolf is pretty over rated, imo. Almost all the high tier/commonly used characters are bad matchups for him.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Everyone should just MM's each other. Don't even bother saying hello to anyone. Greet with a gangsta stare and a MM.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
this is gogs...

No I dont act like sonic is a great character, im not a fanboy nor an optimist.
but i also am not a pessimist... iam a realist...

yes, he has no priority.
yes, he has no range.
no he doesnt die early, hes in the same weight class as mario... and he has legitimately, the best recovery in the game for any character with only two jumps.
and yes, he can be really hard to kill with.

but amazingly enuff, that doesnt make him a bad character, because he has the tools, tricks and abilitys to slightly bypass those character flaws.
and yes, in my (you probably dont believe me) unbiased opinion, you are right, he proly is low-midd tier. but that doesnt mean all that much if im a good player, which i am. im not great yet, but i am good.

and stefan... i freely admit that sonic is not good, and that i dont play any characters that are better in the game, as in terms of their matchups against everyother character in the game, than wolf is. but i do play characters that can hold their own in a one on one setting against every other character they have to come against...
and im not staing that im better than you as fact. im just saying thats my personal belief and im willing to put my money on the line to defend my belief. and if youre only concerned about playing good characters... nobody will blame you if you decide to start tier whoring

Ryoto

Smash Rookie
Kelvin, you're gonna have to teach me how to gangsta stare at the next biweekly.

Brawl is getting serious now.

lol.

oh, and I think rob has the best recovery in the game.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sonic has the best recovery out of the ppl that cant fly, ROB dont count, stupid flamer robot... grumble grumble
i honestly put his recovery on par with D3 and kirby.
remember the time you played me, what character do you know of that cant fly and cant still make going under BF a valid tourney technique

lol and if you really want to learn how to stare like a G, just look at your avatar he seems to have it down

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
let's talk money $100 melee money matchezz

or 3rd strike

or arcana hearts (id need practice first tho maybe only $50 mm's for this)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ill MM you for 150$ in arcana hearts even tho ive never played b4

im making madd calls to get offf for this tourney so i hope everyone shows up

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: TML, I would probably give you money just for showing up, LOL.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: All Lucarios from this point on should lose to characters in the form of a Konkey Dong.

DON'T MAKE ME TAKE YO HAT FOO

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
:yoshi: All Lucarios from this point on should lose to characters in the form of a Konkey Dong.

DON'T MAKE ME TAKE YO HAT FOO
Foo! You aint touching this Hat!

Chances are I am only playing in doubles this weekend though.

And don't you dare go double gay, or I will take your hat!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
ill announce whenever i come to arena so some ppl can show up and we can do MM's for melee i will probably come sometime this year LOL

@ Shiri: Hey I don't know if you were there but I actually did attend Final Smash back in January ;P

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Final Smash didn't count because I wasn't there.

Step your game up, fool.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I won! :) Can anyone give me a ride to Buffalo? I'm willing to pay for gas and all and I really want to go. Please? xD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol... not yet.
ill MM anyone here for 10$ or less
even you again lol
ill MM jesse soon, but im not quite good enuff to beat him yet, tho i would like to try the strategy that i 3 stocked yannick's snake with on jesse

Top Bottom