• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you Planning on Maining or Sub-Maining Pac-Man?

Will you be maining, sub-maining or neither?

• Total voters

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Planning to main at the moment. As a PM Ice Climbers main and a Brawl PT main, I tend to gravitate toward the more unorthodox playstyles. It's certainly not to be ignored that he's also my favorite newcomer by a long shot.

I feel like he'll be a rare character to see used, so I'm excited to explore some match-ups that others may not experience all too often.

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Potentially, yes. I never pick my characters before the games because I like to feel their movement and playstyles firsthand. But Pac-Man is one of the 3 characters that I'm seriously considering attempting right now.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Sonic's my Main, but I'd like to try out Pac as well. I can't help it, I like playing as the third party characters. My mains in Brawl were Sonic and Snake and kirby.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
He will totally be my main. Mainly because I'm a Pac-Man fan I'll admit, but also because he looks amazing. Even if his play style is tough and hard to master, I'll keep at it. I mained C. Viper. I can handle Pac-Man. :p

Last edited:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Pacman will forever be my main, and I can't wait to play as him. I'm also planning on subbing Zelda, because she was my main in Brawl, and Yoshi cause...I like Yoshi, haha. And if Ness and the Chorus Kids are in, I'll be subbing them as well.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Sorry other characters. The PAC is the only one I am playing!!!!

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I promised myself last year when Megaman was revealed, that if Sonic comes back and Pac-Man is in, I will make it a goal to main all four of them, I don't even want any of them to be secondaries, I want to be equally as good with one as I am with the other three, I WILL strike that balance.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Sub-maining. I also have Mega Man, Little Mac, and Rosalina as character i want to use. The Mii is also there.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I cannot neglect my Wii Fit Trainer and Bowser. He will be my Sub which is good. Pac is back!

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of Sub-Maining him at the moment, since Diddy Kong could use his Bananas to control the ground, I'm starting to infer that Pac-man can control the map with his item changing like move.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Not likely. While I appreciate he is in the game, I never enjoyed playing as small characters in fighting games. I dunno why.

I will definitely give him a try, though. Who knows, maybe he is really fun to use?

D

Deleted member

Sub main at least for sure. I'll be maining G Dubs, Greninja, and Olimar, but depending on how much I like playing him he could be my main. I love unorthdox characters, especially when they summon Galaga Aliens.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
The stranger the character, the more likely it is I'll gravitate toward them. Pac-Man fits this bill in Sm4sh by the looks of it, and with some of the new characters being... Err, boring (Little Mac, Mii and WFT come to mind for me, just my opinion)? However, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Charizard, Rosalina, Palutena and Greninja do interest me along with Ness of course when they finally reveal him; although I do like Villager. Just hoping that King K. Rool will make it, but regardless, Pac-Man will be one of my most used for sure.

Wii Fit Trainer, Mii and Little Mac in particular bore me.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Looks really fun, though I might not main him, really. I think I tend to treat him as the quest fighter treat, perhaps trying him for fun and kicks. Though if his moveset seems fun and effective to my tastes enough, I might sub-main him.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Charizard's my main, but Pac-Man is someone who looks really interesting to play as. He won me over just about immediately when I saw that he was able to summon forth Namco arcade characters in his moveset.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Planning to sub-main him, along with Sonic, Megaman, and Greninja (Lucario is still going to be my primary character (probably to unlock everyone), unless Mewtwo suddenly shows up out of nowhere (since he was my Melee main and was fun to use).

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
From the time I started contemplating Pac-Man as a character in the next Smash, I felt he was a fighter I could easily main or sub-main. His post-1984, pre-2013 appearance and personality is just so endearing, I can't not love the guy. Although his moveset is a little different than what I was expecting (very close though, generally), I think he'll be in my top three--possibly even usurping my favorite character in Sonic.

(Although it still remains to be seen. His playstyle may not fit my liking, and there may be another character I like better. Still, he will be a character I will play as often.)

Last edited:

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
He certainly seems interesting. I'll be maining Bowser more than likely but I'm definitely gonna give Pac-Man a try, his kit seems super unique.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Can't say I'm a fan of his play style. I'll try him out on release, but I was never attached to Pac-Man as much as, say, Mega Man (.EXE and SS specifically) or Bowser. I dig that his move set embodies classic Namco stuff, though.

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
He's my main so far. However, this is likely to change at least 30 times before the game comes out and probably even change a couple times after it comes out.

So I went with sub-main just to be safe.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Pretty sure I'm spiritually bound to Sonic, but I'm so hype for Pac. Definitely plan on having a pocket Pac.

:093:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'll be sub-maining Pac at the very least. First newcomer I've wanted to sub-main since Bowser. Hopefully Pac's better than Bowser was in his debut, but I'm committed to learning him now.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Personally, I've always thought that classic characters like G&W make for a good, fun troll character since I have plenty of friends that can't stand losing to him. That being said, Pac-Man will definitely be getting play time to aggravate my friends, but at the same time I'll probably end up considering him as one of my mains because of all the time I've invested in arcades and at home playing Pac-Man/Galaga - always felt that personal connections make me better with a character. At the very least, he'll be a sub-main.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I only decide my mains after I play the game and choose the characters I'm best with.
Pac-Man will be the exception. Months before E3, when you couldn't mention Pac-Man's name without starting a flame war, I stated I would main him just to spite all the people who hated him. I intend to keep that promise.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I already have Pikachu, Falco, and Sonic, so sub-main it is. :4pacman:

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
I doubt it. I never really got much enjoyment out of maining Snake and Sonic in Brawl or Project M, so I'm not really getting my hopes up for Pac-man or Mega Man.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
As of right now I think he's gonna be my main and then Olimar and Greninja will be my subs.

Top Bottom