• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you going to main Samus?

Is Samus going to be one of your mains?

• Yes

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Will Samus be my most used character? It's a real possibility. I'm expecting Link, Samus, or Robin to be my main, so at a minimum, she'd be one of my secondarys.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
I still main og Samus in Brawl, even if it hinders me sometimes at the local tournies, so my dedication is there. However Megaman and Duckhunt Dog both offer a lot of the things I like about Samus but ultimately seem to have better projectiles overall. Regardless, shes my favorite video game character, so I'll make it work in some way or another.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Been maining her since 64, and I'm not stopping now

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just watched her move set yesterday and holy Chozo are they fluid! I remember her moves being robotic and kind of awkward in Brawl and Melee, but SSB4 really shows the Samus is not a robot, but a woman in a power suit. Also, I liked Prime's and Other M's suit designs and never knew why they still had her Super Metroid look in Brawl when pretty much everyone else used their latest appearance or got a face lift. She and Ike - he used his Path of Radiance look instead of Radiant Dawn for some reason - were the only characters who didn't use their latest appearances from what I remember. Also, since everyone's faster, Samus really looks awesome and not out of character of being a sluggish bounty hunter in powered armor.

So, definitely will play as her often.

Cerberus290

Smash Rookie
I'm planning on it. I watched a stream yesterday with someone playing as Samus and she seemed much better this time around. I'm kind of annoyed that she wasn't in the demo, but I'm definitely expecting to main her as soon as I have a copy of the game in my hands.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely gonna try her out, but I doubt I'm gonna like playing as Samus over her sexier counterpart. Its pretty sad that ZSS pretty much outshines Regular Samus in every single way. Its weird how they gave ZSS a strength buff even though her thing was being Samus but weaker and more agile, but whatever. Regular Samus still looks better this time around.

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Samus has been my main since Smash 64. No reason to change now, especially since she seems much better than she was in Brawl!

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
She was my main in Brawl and I'm gonna main her again in Smash 4 :joyful:but her roll is bad, i think :smash:

Joanny

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1032-1663-6684
I'm going to play her as much as I played Vega in Street Fighter IV ( and updates); that means more than 20 000 times. #No-life =P

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Well, I'm gonna main everyone except Sonic, so I'm obliged to vote YES. But Samus is one of my top 3 favorite Nintendo characters, so I really don't mind :oneeye:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Samus is definitely a top main for me. Link, Lucina, and Kirby are close seconds, but I was pretty good as her in Melee and PM, so I'll be using her the most.

Top Bottom