• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

are turnips the best projectile?

Twek

Smash Cadet
i cant think of another projectile that can compete with the turnips other than samus' missiles. missiles are amazing but turnips can be reused the can be z dropped they can be clustered to have quicker access thrown downward or upward and there is a chance of pulling mr saturn a beamsword a bob-omb or even the stitch face turnips (by the way does anyone know the probability of pulling out any of these).
so what does everyone think are turnips the best projectile?

on a non-related topic peaches chained uthrow can only be used on heavy weights that fall quickly i noticed but where does it cut of to where she cant chain it anymore like would it work on someone as heavy as... say mario?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
If anything, I'm not sure if it's the best. Yes, it can be reuse, but it's main purpose is to rack up combos. It doesn't give enough KO options unless it's a stichface, which is a bit rare to come by.

I like Samus' missles since they give a strong sting and more of a chance for KO when the % rise.

Peach's turnip's is definitly 2nd, though, if anything.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i wouldnt say they are the best even though they are really good i would probably agree with CHUK and say that falcos annoying lasers are the best if you don't include the items in the game

Twek

Smash Cadet
yeah i didnt really think of the KO factor on the missiles or the lame falco laser... god i hate falco.

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
i cant think of another projectile that can compete with the turnips other than samus' missiles. missiles are amazing but turnips can be reused the can be z dropped they can be clustered to have quicker access thrown downward or upward and there is a chance of pulling mr saturn a beamsword a bob-omb or even the stitch face turnips (by the way does anyone know the probability of pulling out any of these).
so what does everyone think are turnips the best projectile?

on a non-related topic peaches chained uthrow can only be used on heavy weights that fall quickly i noticed but where does it cut of to where she cant chain it anymore like would it work on someone as heavy as... say mario?
i think link's bombs are the best projectile. even when i play peach. Bombs can also be picked on midair with Z and rethrown. they like blind with the explosion and can be taken out anywhare, not just from the ground. not to mention that have a larger range, and do not dissapear after a little while, like turnips. (i think they can also travel more distance when thrown up..)

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I personally like projectiles like Doc's pills better. (can't be caught by the opponent and used against you, powershielding them is less useful because of the trajectory, less startup lag) Samus's are better for power, and Falco's are better vs. an opponent that can't powershield.

Cia

das kwl
I <3 peach's turnips. i think they are second best to YOUNG LINK's bombs. once you're hit w one, he can combo to unbelieveable levels. I guess it's his light weight and bad recovery that make him low tier.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
turnips are definitely NOT the best projectile.

big rick is the only one who pointed out the big weakness: you have to be on the ground to pull one out!!!!
however, getting the occassional stitchface can save a match which is awesome.

best projectile are the lasers (both of them) mainly because you cannot jab to cancel them. pills, turnips, bombs, all the other ones you can cancel with a jab or catch them... not the lasers tho.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
LOL, Peach is a stereotypical anime girl (read the laws of anime, xD). yeah, not the bes, even though I agree with VaNz I <3 them. I forget to use them, though, and they get ***** by Samus' missiles. Like Fire through a condom. Or maybe a knife?

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
LOL, Peach is a stereotypical anime girl (read the laws of anime, xD). yeah, not the bes, even though I agree with VaNz I <3 them. I forget to use them, though, and they get ***** by Samus' missiles. Like Fire through a condom. Or maybe a knife?
um... what?
laws of anime? fire through a condom? you got herpes?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
i think sheiks needles are the best. you can store them , needle cancel, and you can edge gaurd effectively with them because there trajectory changes to diagonal when you jump

Twek

Smash Cadet
sheiks needles are nothing compared to the other projectiles named

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
being diagonally directed isnt a big deal.(its possible to do that with other projectiles, althoug not as fast) needles' range dont include close horizontally but far vertically to/from the edge enemies. Weaknes: can't throw em upwards, cant throw em downwards. Bombs>Turnips>Laser(falco's)>needles.

Twek

Smash Cadet
now after i hear these replies i would say Lasers>Missiles>Turnips>Bombs... needles i dont think should even be considered. bombs i dont think are nearly as good as the three listed above. just because you can get them in air doesnt mean that theyre as good as turnips.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
now after i hear these replies i would say Lasers>Missiles>Turnips>Bombs... needles i dont think should even be considered. bombs i dont think are nearly as good as the three listed above. just because you can get them in air doesnt mean that theyre as good as turnips.
needles > turnips

watch a good sheik play. the projectile is fast. needles are good for interrupting your opponent. good for edge-guarding, needle-canceling(similar to float cancel or missile canceling), can be stored/charged

link and young link have 3 projectiles, so its safe to say their projectile game is superior

Twek

Smash Cadet
thats why i think that the turnips are much better than bombs you can pull stitch face. if your mind games are good enough your opponent has no chance of catching them and then you can reuse. bombs you can pull out in air.... thats good but they also blow up in your hand after a while they cant be reused and theres no chance youll pull out something spiffy... turnips are better... and i still dont think that sheiks needles are insanely great. theyre like alright to me.

Twek

Smash Cadet
show me then. send me a link to a vid that will prove to me that theyre the best.

4BDN_Skillz

Smash Rookie
the missiles are the best hands down then falcos lasers(spammed) then the turnips. But in the end it just matters on the person using the projectile and the person its being used on. PEEACH FTW!

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
This... is insanity..... absolute insanity. Samus her missiles are never second place, I'ld say, most useful needles, you can actually kill someone with this, someone about to come back to stage..... Bombs/Turnips, bombs are slightly better then turnips because you can get them out in mid-air, but, you can do the same with turnips on egdes etc... also, you can hit an enemy twice with the same turnip and attack with a second one as well, so that's more advantages to the turnip. Now Falco and Fox their laser is annoying and good, but not as important to the character as needles, turnips or bombs. And about Samus, erm, let's just hope for brawl eh? So the correct order:

Needles>Turnips>Bombs>Falco laser>Fox laser

As to Twek asking from proof, just watch any Sheik video, I can't really find anything right now but will post some later. For now just look at 1:05 of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLhX-a5IaO0

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
um... what?
laws of anime? fire through a condom? you got herpes?
Do a search o the Laws of Anime (obviously Google or something). Um....I'm just going to assume you were being a smart aleck on the latter part. Anyway...um....I think that the one thng that the bombs have over the turnips is that you can set them on the ground, which is pretty darn cool. Um...I'm stlll going with no....Turnips aren't the best. and Shiek's needles are pretty nifty. I killed someone with them before.

Twek

Smash Cadet
alright ive been shut up cause just that little section of the video made me realize sheiks needles are pretty good.
big rick... i dont think fox's lasers are that good. and i dont think missiles are that bad

Top Bottom