• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any restrictions to My Music?

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
Has it been confirmed that you can only use Mario themed songs on Mario stages, or could you, say, use the Overworld theme on Green Hill Zone? Also, can you use new music on Melee stages? I know Temple gets the remix listed on the Dojo, but what about the others?

Lastly, are there any songs you can't use for Stage Builder?

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
it's been confirmed like MONTHS ago!! You can choose the song for any stage but, you have to unlock sound test!! As well as Stage Builder you can also change music! As seen on one of the pictures of the update!

M.K

Level 55
Wait...you CAN play Mario songs on a Zelda Stage? gangstajuice, please clarify what you meant exactly.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
You CANNOT use any song on any stage. It's limited. And we have known for quite a while...

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Yes, from what I understand you only have a finite list of music to play for any given stage. However in the stage builder, you can choose any music you have unlocked to play.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I knew that it was like that from the start, but I was wondering if maybe a feature was unlocked that let you use any music on any stage. Kinda like being able to use any character + any kart in Mario Kart DS

Storm101

Smash Cadet
The thing is that the Dojo says any song in the game while everything else says otherwise.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
well like I said, I wasn't sure if you could unlock the ability to use any song on any stage, hence why I made this topic.

Top Bottom