• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any players/tournaments in Port Saint Lucie, FL?

MrjetArtist

Smash Rookie
I've looked everywhere and I can't find any players or tournaments in the PSL area. The closest tournament I've found are all 1-2 hours away from where I live and it's pretty difficult to go out to those when I don't have a personal car yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Pthas

Smash Rookie
I'm down in Palm City pretty much where the entrance to Citrus is so PSL is pretty close.

I only play Smash 4 though, but if you ever wanna play that lemme know.

The smash scene in general is pretty non-existent on the treasure coast though, usually gotta go to Orlando or at least down to West Palm (or farther) for tournaments and stuff.

Twixist

Smash Rookie
I'm on the border of Jensen Beach and PSL, right next to the mall.

I focus most of my attention on Smash 4 which takes away from my Melee skill, but I'm still down for either one.

The closest thing to a smash scene is a video game store called Play n Trade. They've hosted quite a few Brawl tournaments over the years, and they hosted a Smash 4 tournament like the weekend after it got released on Wii U. Sometimes their rules are not 100% legit though (ex, single elimination, 1 round 6 stock instead of best 2 out of 3, no best 3 out of 5 finals, FD only, etc.) Every once in a while some smashers hang out there. The majority of them are not really great players, but it's better than nothing.

I've been thinking about single-handedly amping up the smash scene in this area, but first I need to learn a thing or two about tournament organisation (aka being a TO). There might be some great players in this area who will never get a chance to play with other good players and get better, because of the nonexistent scene.

Pthas

Smash Rookie
^ Well if ya do start trying to up the smash scene around here hit me up, I missed the PnT WiiU tourney, and last week when I talked to Ronnie, he didn't seem to be intending to hold another one any time soon.

It's way too dry out here, and playing online gets pretty boring.

Twixist

Smash Rookie
^ Well if ya do start trying to up the smash scene around here hit me up, I missed the PnT WiiU tourney, and last week when I talked to Ronnie, he didn't seem to be intending to hold another one any time soon.

It's way too dry out here, and playing online gets pretty boring.
Yea well I'm looking to somehow start holding tourneys at least every week, but easier said than done. When I get a group to go practice at PnT I can text you to join or something.

Btw if anyone who lives around here can think of good places to hold a tourney, let me know. I can think of a few places, but this is one of the hardest parts in the process.

Cenkai

Smash Rookie
i'm in PSL, but I only just started to try and get into the game. My melee disc and controller arrived today so i've barely even begun to learn the game. I'd gladly play with anyone who's willing but I cant offer much of a challenge until I learn the game a bit more while playing solo.

MrjetArtist

Smash Rookie
Oh cool! I don't know if my parents will let me go to just anybody's house until I get more into the smash community so if you know anywhere we can meet, train, and generally play hmu.

Twixist

Smash Rookie
Has anything changed in the scene here at all?
Yea quite a bit. They're was a pretty decent sized Smash 4 tournament held at the area next door to Play n Trade last weekend (instead of the dudes house this time). It had like over 40 people. I think it was the number one smash stream on Twitch for a while, surprisingly. They're gonna start holding these every month. You should go to the next one. More and more good players are showing up.

Twixist

Smash Rookie
i'm in PSL, but I only just started to try and get into the game. My melee disc and controller arrived today so i've barely even begun to learn the game. I'd gladly play with anyone who's willing but I cant offer much of a challenge until I learn the game a bit more while playing solo.
Well there's not much of a Melee scene in PSL, but Smash 4 is getting pretty big.

KrypticTFW

Smash Rookie
NNID
thefailedworlds
I'm in PSL too, I play all Smash games but my biggest are 64 and sm4sh, if anyone ever wants to talk/play then hit me up.

In_3D

Smash Rookie
Me and some friends are here in PSL aswell, we mainly play Sm4sh, but we're eager to pick up Project M and Melee. So is there any locals around here?

Twixist

Smash Rookie
Me and some friends are here in PSL aswell, we mainly play Sm4sh, but we're eager to pick up Project M and Melee. So is there any locals around here?
There isn't really much of a Melee or PM scene in PSL, but maybe that will change sometime soon. There has been these Smash 4 locals that go by the name of Smash Hard that have been getting pretty popular. They're doing them monthly. You should go to the Play n Trade by the Treasure Coast mall and talk to them about the tourney info. You might also find some people practicing Smash or something.

Twixist

Smash Rookie
Not yet, but we are trying to get something working.
Nowadays people are practicing Smash at Play n Trade a lot more. I could probably hit you up next time me and some friends go there. They've had a few Smash 4 locals now. The last one had 57 people in Singles! And they also did Doubles for the first time. The aslo stream it on Twitch.

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
Yeah, I actually usually go to PnT on Saturdays to do some friendlies with some buddies for a few hours. Somebody is actually holding meet ups in Vero Beach on Wednesdays, though I'm not sure if it's a weekly thing. I'm also not sure what the Vero scene is like, but chances are, it's still growing. I can message anyone who is interested in doing weekly friendles at PnT on here or FB. It's be great to have more people come and hang out.

MrjetArtist

Smash Rookie
Nowadays people are practicing Smash at Play n Trade a lot more. I could probably hit you up next time me and some friends go there. They've had a few Smash 4 locals now. The last one had 57 people in Singles! And they also did Doubles for the first time. The aslo stream it on Twitch.
The problem with this though is that I really want to get into melee more than any of the other games. I'm fine with playing smash 4 and all but I've been practicing melee for the past year and I really want to try my hand at that first before I go and branch off into the other games. Thanks for the offer though.

Diaperswiper

Smash Rookie
I've looked everywhere and I can't find any players or tournaments in the PSL area. The closest tournament I've found are all 1-2 hours away from where I live and it's pretty difficult to go out to those when I don't have a personal car yet. Any help would be appreciated.
I live off of Gatlin. Lemme know if you wanna play sometime!

In_3D

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I actually usually go to PnT on Saturdays to do some friendlies with some buddies for a few hours. Somebody is actually holding meet ups in Vero Beach on Wednesdays, though I'm not sure if it's a weekly thing. I'm also not sure what the Vero scene is like, but chances are, it's still growing. I can message anyone who is interested in doing weekly friendles at PnT on here or FB. It's be great to have more people come and hang out.
I pre-registered for the next tournament at PnT, hopefully we can meetup sometime before or after. I'm down so hit me up on here. I'm kinda nervous since its going to be my first tournament so maybe some friendlies would help,ease me into it.

MrjetArtist

Smash Rookie
Yea my parents would probably not like that but we could go to playntrade or something like that. If we had a place dedicated to us playing smash to go to that would be perfect.

Diaperswiper

Smash Rookie
Yea my parents would probably not like that but we could go to playntrade or something like that. If we had a place dedicated to us playing smash to go to that would be perfect.
I actually called play n trade earlier today, they're not cool with me bringing a setup for some reason.

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
I pre-registered for the next tournament at PnT, hopefully we can meetup sometime before or after. I'm down so hit me up on here. I'm kinda nervous since its going to be my first tournament so maybe some friendlies would help,ease me into it.

Alright, sure thing! And don't worry, the St.Lucie community is very friendly. I'll try getting a meet up this Saturday. I did a local in Vero so I wasn't able to go there yesterday.

In_3D

Smash Rookie
Alright, sure thing! And don't worry, the St.Lucie community is very friendly. I'll try getting a meet up this Saturday. I did a local in Vero so I wasn't able to go there yesterday.
Awesome! I'll try to get some of my friends along so let me know! I really need to play some friendlies on a Wii U setup because I don't own one and I need to practice playing with my gamecube controller.

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
Awesome! I'll try to get some of my friends along so let me know! I really need to play some friendlies on a Wii U setup because I don't own one and I need to practice playing with my gamecube controller.
I see, I see. Good that you'd bring friends too! The more at these meet ups, the better. I'll message you on here or make a FB post on the group to remind them of the following meet up.

In_3D

Smash Rookie
Is anyone into Project M? All I see is stuff about smash 4.
I've played Project M and enjoyed it a lot. Sadly, my mom lost my copy of Brawl last summer and I haven't been able to play it since. I would love to get back into it and actually improve my skills. If you can find a place to play with some people I'd be more than happy to play friendlies. I really need to get a feel for the game since I haven't even picked a main, let alone figure out all the technical skills i.e. wavedashing,L-canceling etc. I've only played version 3.02 so I hope I won't be thrown off too much by 3.06.

Twixist

Smash Rookie
The problem with this though is that I really want to get into melee more than any of the other games. I'm fine with playing smash 4 and all but I've been practicing melee for the past year and I really want to try my hand at that first before I go and branch off into the other games. Thanks for the offer though.
Is anyone into Project M? All I see is stuff about smash 4.
The thing is, the PSL/ Treasure Coast area didn't really have much of a smash scene at all until very recently. There were a lot more people that were into Brawl as opposed to Melee. Since Smash 4 is the newest game, its getting all the hype/ attention, and Brawl players can easily transition into it, since it has many similarities, which is why there is such a big community for it.

It would be cool it they started including Melee, or at least Project M in the future tournies. I'd be down to play those. If there is enough of a demand for it, then I'm sure they would consider doing it. I don't have a Wii or GC right now so I can practice for either one, but I would like to get back into it. I've always liked them more than Smash 4.

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
So is the meet up happening? Details plz
Yes actually. I will be there with friends at around 2-2:30. I'll try staying for more than 2 hours.

I apologize for the late reply. I had a band concert yesterday and I just crashed upon returning home.

Last edited:

In_3D

Smash Rookie
Yes actually. I will be there with friends at around 2-2:30. I'll try staying for more than 2 hours.

I apologize for the late reply. I had a band concert yesterday and I just crashed upon returning home.
If I go, it'll probably just be me. Its kinda too late to give my friends the details. Anything I need to bring?

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
If I go, it'll probably just be me. Its kinda too late to give my friends the details. Anything I need to bring?
I'm bringing a setup.

By the way, I might run a little late because my father took the car earlier...without saying a word...

But this meet up will still happen, no worries.

In_3D

Smash Rookie
I'm bringing a setup.

By the way, I might run a little late because my father took the car earlier...without saying a word...

But this meet up will still happen, no worries.
I'm gonna run late too because I need a ride back to my place after its over and theres nobody who can pick me up.

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
I'm gonna run late too because I need a ride back to my place after its over and theres nobody who can pick me up.
Ah alright. I can't provide a ride unfortunately but maybe one of the guys can do so for you. I'll let you know here when I'm getting ready to go.

In_3D

Smash Rookie
Well that was fun :p. I wish we had another setup so I wouldn't be stuck playing a bunch of doubles lol. It looks like my GC controller is busted :/ (serves me right for buying a cheap one online). Sucks I didn't get to 1v1 you, is there anytime next week this is going down again before the tournament?

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
Well that was fun :p. I wish we had another setup so I wouldn't be stuck playing a bunch of doubles lol. It looks like my GC controller is busted :/ (serves me right for buying a cheap one online). Sucks I didn't get to 1v1 you, is there anytime next week this is going down again before the tournament?
I apologize, but I am not sure if there will be anything else occurring until the tournament...at least anything that I will try to put together. If anything else occurs, I'll post here again.

There will be time for some friendlies right before the tourney starts if you go there early.

Top Bottom