• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any items you want in Smash?

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
(Seriously, there should be subforums for other aspects of the game)

Wario Bomb (WarioWare)

Pick it up and throw it and it will light ablaze, but it won't explode when it hits anything. It will keep going after a while and anybody can pick it up and throw it as it's lit up like that. But later on, the 3-2-1 countdown will appear over it and then it goes off, exploding on the spot (and on players if they were holding it at that point).

Raijinken

Smash Master
Recharge Strip (F-Zero) - Place it on the ground, heals yourself (or teammates, or maybe just everyone) who stands on it while it lasts.

Vulnerary (Fire Emblem) - Healing item.

Wing Box (Mario 64, replaces Bunny Hood) - Jump higher, fall slow.

Duck (Duck Hunt) - Throw it, it flies around near an enemy for a few moments until a Lightgun blast hits it (and them) for moderate damage.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I want a Kart to be an Item.
Y'know, like Wario's Side B, but as an Item.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Fairies
Instead of the generic healing item version that is now in the game.
As long as you're holding it, you will gain super armor the instant a move of a certain knockback value or above makes contact with you. The item is them consumed. You can also throw it. Not too sure what it would do after being thrown though, maybe just act as a Team Healer.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
^ And what would that do differently from the Maxim Tomato, Heart Container, and food items?

Khao

Smash Lord
Before they revealed Robin, I wanted a Fire Emblem spellbook.

There's a pretty sad lack of FE items.

Anyway, there could be spellbooks of different colors and ****, you grab it, and when you press A, you shoot balls of whatever element you picked up straight forward. Would also have limited uses and a critical hit chance because yes.

A Mend Staff would be a cool replacement for the Team Healer too, would work like any other battering item, except it heals whoever you hit with it (unless you throw it). Would only appear in team battles, it'd be cool.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
A Bullet Bill that would fly immediately horizontal once you threw it.

Also Flippers again. Could you grab Birdo's eggs in Melee? I forget, but either way I love stage specific items too.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The Shield Snatcher(Mother 3)- It could remove shields and put the opponent in a daze state if the opponent is using a shield.

Fzero-Machine Parts- Like the Dragoon but when you collect all three you drive across the screen instead.

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
A Bullet Bill that would fly immediately horizontal once you threw it.
Bullet Bill confirmed to be a new item in Smash 4! Only instead of just throwing it, you BECOME the Bullet Bill, like in the newer Mario Kart games.
Anyway, I'd like to see a frying pan (like in Tomodachi Life) make it in as an item. It would be a battering item, only every time you land a certain number of hits (maybe 3 or so), it spawns a random food item.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
1. Super Bell: From SM3DW, this would give the ability to jump 5 times and gain the cat attack for your Neutral A.
2. Power Pellet: Gives you the ability to deal out four insta-KO's.
3. Hyper Bomb: Like a bo-bomb, but first bounces twice before an explosion.
4. Hammer: Throw 5 hammers from the Hammer Bros. Can be grabbed by opponents.
5. Baby Yoshi: This item has two abilities. When using your Neutral A, it turns blue and burps bubbles that opponents can get trapped in. And when you triple jump, it turns pink and start floating so you can glide.
6. Teleport Chamber: Based off Megaman's teleporting ability, it gives you the ability to teleport up when you press use your Neutral A.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
There are soo many good items in this Smash xD. I would like...uhmm...
(Seriously, there should be subforums for other aspects of the game)

Wario Bomb (WarioWare)

Pick it up and throw it and it will light ablaze, but it won't explode when it hits anything. It will keep going after a while and anybody can pick it up and throw it as it's lit up like that. But later on, the 3-2-1 countdown will appear over it and then it goes off, exploding on the spot (and on players if they were holding it at that point).
This ^

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I don't like or hate using items, but I would like to see Sakurai and his team turn the toys made at Nintendo into weapons!

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not. If it is, please tell me.

I kinda want to see the Fire Emblem/Lehran's Medallian from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. It would cause anyone that picked it up to go berserk for a bit. A berserk staff could have the same effect, but be cast on you.

Now that I think of it, most status staves would be interesting to see. Sleep, Poison, etc.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Bullet Bill confirmed to be a new item in Smash 4! Only instead of just throwing it, you BECOME the Bullet Bill, like in the newer Mario Kart games.
Anyway, I'd like to see a frying pan (like in Tomodachi Life) make it in as an item. It would be a battering item, only every time you land a certain number of hits (maybe 3 or so), it spawns a random food item.
I'm actually secretly clairvoyant. Neat.

A Silence staff from Fire Emblem would be neat, forbidding people from using B moves for a certain amount of time. It would probably a battering but also projectile-firing weapon, like the Star Rod

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
I find it absurd that Fire Emblem has 4 reps but no items. A vulnerary/elixir or a legendary weapon would be pleasing to me.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Item: Bomber
Franchise: Kirby
Description: Bomber is an enemy from the Kirby franchise that, when swallowed, gives the "Crash" ability. How it works in-game is similar to the item, Bo-Bomb, except with a few differences. When the item first spawns, it will immediately start walking either left or right (50% chance on either) and continue until one of the following happens:

- Contact with player will cause it to immediately explode. Explosion range is small, around half the size of the Blue Shell.

- Walking off a platform will cause it to go into a custom "ledge teeter" animation, similar to when players are on the edge of a ledge, to warn the players. It will then fall down onto the ground below it and explode with a radius similar to the Blue Shell.

- Contact with projectile will cause the item to explode immediately, with the same range as if walking into a player. Walking into an item such as the Villager's tree or Pac-Man's Fire Hydrant will cause the item to turn around.

- Walking off the ledge of a stage will cause the custom "ledge teeter" animation until it starts falling, and will fall out of the stage until it reaches the blast zones that thrown items follow, in which it will de-spawn.

The item can not be picked up by the player, and will cause it to explode if attempted.

ZackTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZackTheGreat
3DS FC
4227-2410-9609
I couldn't really think of an item, but I REALLY want a Chao assist trophy. It could fly into a random fighter after summoned and then fly off.

... I'm desperate for ANY inclusion of my favorite little creatures from Sonic The Hedgehog.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I only ever desired Cucco's to be in the game now they are so there isn't a item I can think of right now

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
I always wanted to see more pokemon items than just pokeballs. Here's some random ideas I thought of the other day.

X items. You could pick them up and they would boost you.

Life orb. Makes your attacks Do more damage But causes recoil.

Air balloon. You could fly around with it.

DNA splicers. You could fuse tougher with your opponent.

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if I would like this item or not, but I was thinking the devil axe from the Fire emblem series, you would cause massive damage to your opponent 80% of the time, but there is also a 20% chance that you would get hurt if you hit someone too, I think it would add a new idea. . .

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Krystal's Staff.

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not. If it is, please tell me.

I kinda want to see the Fire Emblem/Lehran's Medallian from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. It would cause anyone that picked it up to go berserk for a bit. A berserk staff could have the same effect, but be cast on you.

Now that I think of it, most status staves would be interesting to see. Sleep, Poison, etc.
Staves would be awesome! Sleep inflicting, or berserk, where they have no control for a short time, or poison yeah. . . I think Sakurai needs to put some more fire emblem representation now, some enemies, some items, and we're good, maybe even a fire emblem level for the melee-like story mode on the wii u

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
Honedge (from a pokeball). Beamsword with higher knockback, but drains a little health over time (like it's pokedex entry).

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
The Fan. Why hasn't it been shown yet?!
NO! Please not the FAN! I HATE the fan. I'll be glad if they get rid of it. Once that fan gets into a spammer's hands, there is no escape, you'll be in 300% damage by the time they stop slapping you with it.

Top Bottom