• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any competitive Brawl players in Rocklin/Roseville/Sacramento area?

Royal Ocean

Smash Rookie
I've recently decided I want to re-enter* the competitive Smash scene. I've played and adored all the Smash games, but unfortunately I only ever got legitimately good at Brawl. (Unfortunate only because the competitive following is very weak compared to SSBM and PM.) I really am hoping that Smash 4 has a healthy competitive following, but I don't want to sit around and wait to watch the release and following months unfold -- I want to get into the scene and not have to learn the ins and outs of a game that others have had a multiple-year headstart on (PM and SSBM).

I really just want to know what the competitive scene in the Sacramento area looks like, particularly for Brawl. I'm willing to request days off of work for tournaments that might just have 20 or so people and last a couple hours.

* = I only ever made it to 3, maybe 4 decent tournaments.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I don't go looking for them, but I don't know of any Brawl tournaments around the area. If you ever wanna get into Melee, let me know.

To be honest it doesn't sound like you have gotten very far into Brawl competitive play either with the limited amount of experience you say you have and players who are competitive at Brawl have had many years of experience at this point too. Like I said....let me know if you wanna play Melee and I can help you get into it with training and stuff. If you really just wanna play Brawl because you find it more fun then good luck to you and I'm sorry I couldnt help.

EDIT: On the topic of people having multiple years of experience on you in these games, you should know that(and this is something I tell everyone who brings up this problem to me) while the metagame is higher than it has ever been and players are so crazy skilled that it seems like a new player could never ever ever get to their level it is also true that NOW happens to be the best time to get into Smash(and Melee in particular) because there are more and better resources for learning and mastering the game than ever before. Training hacks, video tutorials/guides, countless match videos to study, text guides/tutorials, players finders, tournaments more often and with more attendance, MELEE NETPLAY.

Now is an amazing time to get into Smash even if you arent very experienced...that is...if you enjoy playing.

Last edited:

Royal Ocean

Smash Rookie
I don't go looking for them, but I don't know of any Brawl tournaments around the area. If you ever wanna get into Melee, let me know.

To be honest it doesn't sound like you have gotten very far into Brawl competitive play either with the limited amount of experience you say you have and players who are competitive at Brawl have had many years of experience at this point too. Like I said....let me know if you wanna play Melee and I can help you get into it with training and stuff. If you really just wanna play Brawl because you find it more fun then good luck to you and I'm sorry I couldnt help.

EDIT: On the topic of people having multiple years of experience on you in these games, you should know that(and this is something I tell everyone who brings up this problem to me) while the metagame is higher than it has ever been and players are so crazy skilled that it seems like a new player could never ever ever get to their level it is also true that NOW happens to be the best time to get into Smash(and Melee in particular) because there are more and better resources for learning and mastering the game than ever before. Training hacks, video tutorials/guides, countless match videos to study, text guides/tutorials, players finders, tournaments more often and with more attendance, MELEE NETPLAY.

Now is an amazing time to get into Smash even if you arent very experienced...that is...if you enjoy playing.
Awesome! Ya know, if Smash 4 doesn't end up having a competitive following, I may end up taking you up on that offer. Thank you!

Top Bottom