• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are the Online Pokemon MMORPGs any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I've seen advertisements for them, so I decided to look them up on youtube, but tbh, they look like crap to me. Is there anyone who plays one who could give some feedback about them? Would anyone recommend them?

Thanks in advance,
TRG

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
*sign*
This may or may not answer your question, but after Pokemon Crater went down, all of Pokemon MMOing crumbled to the dust with it. Nothing has been able to restore the faithfulness of Pokemon MMOs since then.

Might as well stick with Shoddy (Or Netbattle for the older gens).

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I hope they're not good.
Because if I find out there's a Pokemon MMORPG out there that's actually fun to play, I will never do anything else. I would drop out of school, get fat, run out of money, lose my friends, and isolate myself. That's how much I would play the game. So I'm gonna play it safe and just stay away...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I haven't found any that are any good. Most of them just aren't fun, and the few that are are either dead or I get dropped from the server within five minutes of booting up the game.

I hope that there's a good one made soon, but... chances are we'll only be seeing a good one from Nintendo (and even then, Matsuda came out a while ago with a big fat 'No' to a Pokemon MMO).

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I haven't found any that are any good. Most of them just aren't fun, and the few that are are either dead or I get dropped from the server within five minutes of booting up the game.

I hope that there's a good one made soon, but... chances are we'll only be seeing a good one from Nintendo (and even then, Matsuda came out a while ago with a big fat 'No' to a Pokemon MMO).
Eh, give it time.

I mean a lot of time. Like, three generations of consoles, when they decide they need to reinvent the formula.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Tried playing Pokemon Crater once. When there are far too many players on the screen at once, so that you can barely even see the ground and it takes a good several moments to take even one step, you know the game sucks.

Wait for Nintendo to make one.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Tried playing Pokemon Crater once. When there are far too many players on the screen at once, so that you can barely even see the ground and it takes a good several moments to take even one step, you know the game sucks.

Wait for Nintendo to make one.
Come to think of it, how does one make a Pokemon MMORPG?

It sounds like a good idea in practice, but your superiority over just about all the other NPC's was the reason it was possible to progress in the game. However, to beat even three human opponents so as to make it to the next town requires that only a very small percentage of players, in this case between 1 in 4 and 1 in 8, are capable of doing it without fainting. That's assuming an extremely small amount of players per route as well.

Not only that, but such an endeavor would require hundreds of alternate servers and player clipping simply to see the ground and enter and exit Pokemon Centers.

Personally though, I would love to see a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon MMORPG. Almost all the characters would be unique because you could select any pokemon to play as (with Pikachu being the most prevalent probably, followed by Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Mewtwo), a lot of emphasis would be placed on joining explorer teams with other players to counter your weaknesses, and tournaments could be held elimination style - stick everyone in a large room and see who survives. It could also make the mystery dungeon gameplay less dull because you would have companions.

Although turn-based gameplay might have to go.

Actually, forget a Pokemon MMO, I want to play any MMO Nintendo might come up with. They are really good at making games reguardless of genre and franchise, and the mere fact that 1. it's made by Nintendo and 2. It's an MMO will mean that it will be among the best games ever created.

EDIT: But absolutely no wii-speak. Keyboard is fine, but Halo middle schoolers are annoying and everywhere and never stop swearing. Loudly.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Maybe have Wii speak be optional?

Really though, like said above, I doubt a Pokemon MMO can work without enough NPCs to level up off of. what would be interesting is if you could play AS a pokemon instead of the trainer, then there is sooo much diversity. That and make it real time as well.

yo dog

Smash Rookie
http://www.pokemoncraft.com
http://www.pokemoncraft.com/images/maps/Celadon City Gym.png
-One of the pokemoncraft maps.
http://www.pokemoncraft.com/images/maps/Lavender Town.png
-The avatar, and other online players.
http://www.pokemoncraft.com/profile.aspx
-Elaborate stat keeping and profile page. (Have to make an account to see ths profile.)
http://www.pokemoncraft.com/Pokedex
-Very elaborate pokedex
-> PokemonCraft has over 40 maps at the moment but will have 300+ and also will have all Pokemon leagues in the soon future.
-> PokemonCraft is a online web based multiplayer game which bases it's content on a very famous japan anime called Pokemon
-> PokemonCraft is an internation online web based free multiplayer Pokemon game and have lots of different cultured players around the world
-> One of the most important reasons which makes PokemonCraft better than other online Pokemon games on the internet is, PokemonCraft has it's unique content and developed from 0 not used another game codes
-> When developing PokemonCraft universe, game architecture is kept strictly same as original GBA Pokemon games and this is one of the most important reasons which makes PokemonCraft not only different but also better than other online Pokemon games
-> PokemonCraft is being developed by Furkan Gözükara who is Computer Engineer graduated from I.T.U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom