• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

are pits wings made out of wax?

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
Make sure to keep Pit away from Bowser's and Charizard's flame breath.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Isn't the name "Kid Icarus" kind of a misnomer?

He is an angel in the game... or something like that... not just a kid with wax and chicken feathers...

Melting his wings would actually be pretty funny though :chuckle:

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
I love Pit, but it would be hilarious. He would be recovering and with one quick fireflower he falls down screaming "Nenenenenenenennene!"

well, its funny to me.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
yes, but he can hold them together and mend them with his up-B (he glows, and his wings heal, thus he can fly again)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I love Pit, but it would be hilarious. He would be recovering and with one quick fireflower he falls down screaming "Nenenenenenenennene!"

well, its funny to me.

hahha... hearing him die like that would make the obnoxious voice worth it :laugh:

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
It's only called "Kid Icarus" in the English version. The original Japanese game was called "Hikari Shinwa: Parutena no Kagami", or "Myth of Light: The Mirror of Palutena".

BTW, the sequel to Kid Icarus, "Of Myths and Monsters", was an American made, only released in America and Europe game, so it emphisized the "Icarus" part a bit more.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
Think of it this way:

Icarus was a man who could fly.
Pit was an angel who could not fly.

Kind of ironic, eh?

...Or think of it this way:

Icarus was a man. He made wings, and he was able to fly. Then he dies because of them.
Pit was an angel (who couldn't fly). He got wings, and then he was able to fly.

Kind of foreboding, eh?

IcarusAngelus

Smash Rookie
Icarus was a man. He made wings, and he was able to fly.
(Mythology Police)

No no no no!

Daedelus, who built the Labyrinth that held the Minotaur, made the wings for himself and his son Icarus. Icarus was a boy, who flew too near the sun with wings his father made, the wings melted and he drowned..

(/Mythology Police)

BTW Pit rocks.

Top Bottom