• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are PimpUigi and I the only ones.....

DrewMoney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banditandrew
3DS FC
3540-0555-2542
who really really misses the old luigi....maybe cause I havnt really gotten used to him, or maybe i just been playing all the new character, maybe...i just really miss the old luigi despite all the changes. But ill give it sometime

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hate the way the new Luigi looks and sounds.

I don't like the different animations for his moves.

I hate how much they've nerfed the green missile, and misfire.

Why did they have to make his head twice as big?!
Why did they have to make his voice so crappy?!
What was wrong with his older voice and model???

Nintendo is a sad company IMO.

What I do like however, is his new taunt.
It officially makes him the Dan of smash bros.

WIGI

Smash Champion
the new luigi is awsome. i do miss the old missfires. but hes way beter recovery is nice... an di also mis the old shffl dairs. and such

but what makes up for anything is jab-up+b

Eten

Smash Ace
wtf is wrong with you people
Luigi in brawl is amazing

Am I the only one who thinks luigi is super strong? He's fast, he's lagless, he's got crazy aerial maneuverability and insane recovery, he combos extremely well with high damage attacks and can get some of the cheapest low % KOs in brawl overall. Get firejumppunched at 65% with just about anybody and you're DEAD. Both is Bair and his Dair can kill, both his upsmash and fsmash KO, basically he has some of the best KO power in brawl. Not to mention that he retains his above par spot dodging and rolling.

And on top of all that he got his own real character and his taunts and animations are even cooler. The taunt with the 3 poses = awesomeness. Luigi is PIMP...

EDIT:
-Forgot the Sex kick

DrewMoney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banditandrew
3DS FC
3540-0555-2542
wtf is wrong with you people
Luigi in brawl is amazing

Am I the only one who thinks luigi is super strong? He's fast, he's lagless, he's got crazy aerial maneuverability and insane recovery, he combos extremely well with high damage attacks and can get some of the cheapest low % KOs in brawl overall. Get firejumppunched at 65% with just about anybody and you're DEAD. Both is Bair and his Dair can kill, both his upsmash and fsmash KO, basically he has some of the best KO power in brawl. Not to mention that he retains his above par spot dodging and rolling.

And on top of all that he got his own real character and his taunts and animations are even cooler. The taunt with the 3 poses = awesomeness. Luigi is PIMP...

EDIT:
-Forgot the Sex kick

maybe that is why i dont like him.....in melee i remember first playing with him and thinking wow this character is horrible. Then it took me about a year to get good at him and use him at his full potential (or the highest i can) i pick up this luigi in brawl and think how easy it is to kill someone, almost too easy. In melee I loved fighting my buddies marth or ganadorf and it been a tight match and me pulling through when the odds werent against me. I work my butt off for the luigi I had in melee, it doesnt seem the same right now. But then again like i said before maybe I just need more time with him....

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
this luigi is NOT faster, dont say that again in yout entire life, and not everyboy is falling in a jab+firepunch, u gotta have mingdames and all, and what drew say is right, maybe this luigi is to easy to kill with, umm i can`nt really say how easy is because i have`nt played brawl jet man, so sad..

WIGI

Smash Champion
if you havn't played yet who are you to say anything? watching youtube and playing is completly diferent.

so until you play.. don't tell otehr people if they are wrong.

and luigi DOES feel faster cuz most of his moves come out REALLY quik, and have almost no lag. his fair is redicously fast, i can almost get 3 in during a sh.. im working on it xD

FireJumpPunch

Smash Apprentice
I for one like the new Luigi; he looks the way he should look, and he has his own voice now, although he generally sounds a bit too 'gentle' in Brawl.

I can't say anything about the way he plays though, since I haven't played the game myself.

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
I like this Luigi.

Yes, I have played with him, and I am still trying to fix the timing with most my attacks.

Yes, he does feel different, but I don't think he has changed too much where I won't be able to get as good, or even better with him, then he was in Melee.

He can actually save now!

Also, can anyone tell me now NOT to fall on my head after landing an Up+B move? I miss and he falls on his head, I land something...and it's the same thing...huh? lol

I haven't solely practiced with Luigi yet. I have been exploring the other characters too. Maybe the next time I get a chance to play the game I will focus on him.

~

Negative Zone Taunt of death is funny, but I still hate final smashes.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
if you havn't played yet who are you to say anything? watching youtube and playing is completly diferent.

so until you play.. don't tell otehr people if they are wrong.

and luigi DOES feel faster cuz most of his moves come out REALLY quik, and have almost no lag. his fair is redicously fast, i can almost get 3 in during a sh.. im working on it xD
He definitely is faster, though not ground speed wise, he appears to fall faster, though this is becasue everyone else is slow too. I suppose one could argue that this makes him a faster character. Like you said, his attacks come out faster too. Go easy on the guy though, he hasn't got Brawl yet. You got to feel bad for the guy.

Anyway, my Luigi impressions:
Fair is nerfed; bair is way better, about as good his fair used to be; nair is easier to sweetspot; dair seems about the same; uair I haven't tested enough.

Standard Special is faster and gets more distance; Up Special gets horizantal distance and is easier to land; Side Special is slightly nerfed, but can be held as long as you want once fully charged; Down Special HUGE buff, in the recovery aspect, damage it's about the same.

I haven't tried his ground moves enough to have there impressions, because like Falco, I prefer the air. I apologize to all of you without Brawl, that totally don't get this joke.

EDIT:Oh yeah, his Final Smash. In 1 v 1's this is one of the best in the game. It has good range so corner your opponent and use it when they hit the ground. They are immobile, take rapid damage, move slow, barely hurt you, get weird and randome effects, your attacks are powered up to the point that his taunt can kill at mid-percentages and his Up B is basically a 1-hit-KO.

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I'm gonna miss is his wavedashing. Other than that, his down b is easier to get full height, I can get it now every time. Up b also is PWN and tons easier to time.

DrewMoney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banditandrew
3DS FC
3540-0555-2542
i guess im the only one :(

i played with him yesterday...got a little better but still i dunno there is just something about him

DrewMoney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banditandrew
3DS FC
3540-0555-2542
played again with him yesterday...still not impressed

im losing a lot of hope with luigi (getting a lot better with olimar though)

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
I hated his very... imasculine Mario-ripped voice in Melee. Luigi feels like his own person now.

DrewMoney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banditandrew
3DS FC
3540-0555-2542
You guys are just hating. Luigi is one of my mains i think he's amazing in everyway you just are haters.
hating....i <3 luigi more than you will ever, im more disappointed; disappointed to where it doesnt take that much skill for luigi and he has changed soo much...the tweaked him to much he was a soiled player just needed to work on his recovery (which the did to the max) I know the tweaked everyone but luigi just seems soo stiff. Like i said before, I am going to need A LOT of time with him, a lot of time to get used to him. I just hate the stiffness and that fact I cant really combo with him like I did b4.

and btw, i loved his voice in melee

franman

Smash Rookie
I understand DrewMoney's experience and point of view on Luigi. He's basically say'n that itz not the same Luigi in melee as he is now in Brawl and he worked hard to bring up melee Luigi to that level.

Technically Luigi is better in Brawl than he was at Melee. There are more chances of Luigi getting back on stage in Brawl than on Melee and one of them is his tornado spin. Most of Luigi's attacks have good recovery. I tried Luigi, but I'm not really the best w/him; however, I did face against my bro's Luigi and his Luigi is better than mine :mad:

Oh well guess I'm sticking w/Mario as I'm exploring other characters.

DrewMoney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banditandrew
3DS FC
3540-0555-2542
I understand DrewMoney's experience and point of view on Luigi. He's basically say'n that itz not the same Luigi in melee as he was in Brawl and he worked hard to bring melee Luigi up to that level.

Technically Luigi is better than he was at Brawl. There are more chances of Luigi getting back on stage in Brawl than on Melee and one of them is his tornado spin. Most of Luigi's attacks have good recovery. I tried Luigi, but I'm not really the best w/him; however, I did face against my bro's Luigi and his Luigi is better than mine :mad:

Oh well guess I'm sticking w/Mario as I'm exploring other characters.
thank you franman :)

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hated his very... imasculine Mario-ripped voice in Melee. Luigi feels like his own person now.
Well, they are brothers.

Did you know they used to look exactly the same??
That's fine they don't look the same anymore.

But he looked perfect in Melee, he was Luigi, without uglifying himself, which is what Brawl did.
He had Mario's voice, but it wasn't quite Mario's voice, it was once again, perfect!

Luigi in Melee was totaly pimped out, he had so many things behind his character.

Luigi in Brawl had everything in his character nerfed.
Everything.

Except they gave him the best taunt anyone could ever have in a smash game, and the coolest Final Smash of all time.

So they overall nerfed him.
Especially since they screwed his misfire, God knows why they did that.
Maybe too many stories of PimpUigi controlling the misfire and what not.

Mama_Luigi

Smash Rookie
He definitely is faster, though not ground speed wise, he appears to fall faster, though this is becasue everyone else is slow too. I suppose one could argue that this makes him a faster character. Like you said, his attacks come out faster too. Go easy on the guy though, he hasn't got Brawl yet. You got to feel bad for the guy.

Anyway, my Luigi impressions:
Fair is nerfed; bair is way better, about as good his fair used to be; nair is easier to sweetspot; dair seems about the same; uair I haven't tested enough.

Standard Special is faster and gets more distance; Up Special gets horizantal distance and is easier to land; Side Special is slightly nerfed, but can be held as long as you want once fully charged; Down Special HUGE buff, in the recovery aspect, damage it's about the same.

I haven't tried his ground moves enough to have there impressions, because like Falco, I prefer the air. I apologize to all of you without Brawl, that totally don't get this joke.

EDIT:Oh yeah, his Final Smash. In 1 v 1's this is one of the best in the game. It has good range so corner your opponent and use it when they hit the ground. They are immobile, take rapid damage, move slow, barely hurt you, get weird and randome effects, your attacks are powered up to the point that his taunt can kill at mid-percentages and his Up B is basically a 1-hit-KO.
Totally going to have to agree with Magna on this one guys. He's just better than he was in melee I played him for who knows how long, and he will always be my main through and through.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
Well, they are brothers.

Did you know they used to look exactly the same??
That's fine they don't look the same anymore.
And that's why it's fine they don't sound the same anymore, too.

But he looked perfect in Melee, he was Luigi, without uglifying himself, which is what Brawl did.

What? Is that even a word?

He had Mario's voice, but it wasn't quite Mario's voice, it was once again, perfect!
In your unhumble opinion.

Luigi in Melee was totaly pimped out, he had so many things behind his character.

Luigi in Brawl had everything in his character nerfed.
Everything.
Let's see what SmashWiki has to say...

SmashWiki said:
Changes from Melee to Brawl
-Has his own voice
-The last hit of Dash A does more knockback
-Luigi Cyclone can be used to travel far distances, even in midair, and without charging
-Taunt does 2% damage and has set upward knockback, and has a more noticeable sound effect.
-Forward and Down Aerials have less knockback
-Side B can sweetspot edge
-Up B travels further vertically and horizontally, but makes Luigi more defenseless if it misses a target
So really, objectively only two things are slightly worse than in Melee. All the other changes are for the best.

Except they gave him the best taunt anyone could ever have in a smash game, and the coolest Final Smash of all time.

So they overall nerfed him.
Lol first you diss Brawl Luigi, then you compliment him, then you bash him again.

Especially since they screwed his misfire, God knows why they did that.
To keep the game interesting? Brawl isn't Melee 1.1 you know.

Maybe too many stories of PimpUigi controlling the misfire and what not.
Controllable misfire is from the gaming gods and you should be thankful for it.

Seems someone is stuck in their Melee ways and is throwing a tantrum because a few little things were tweaked.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
farewell to old melee luigi and say hello to the new and improved brawl luigi!
he's 10X better in brawl, his look and his voice anyway

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One of Luigi's taunts was never seen outside of the Smash Bros. series. It's the one where Luigi imitates a stiff board of wood.

C 3

Smash Ace
This luigi is much better than the melee one, and possibly the best one yet. His appearence is a bit weird, and his voice is a bit ********, but those are minor things. Brawl is quite floaty, so by comparison he's pretty fast. His Up B is incredibly useful (like it was in SSB) and kills at relatively low %'s (85% +). His Up B, like the other 2 versions of him, can be setup by Nairs, jab, 2 jabs, but now they added Dtilt (Dtilt trips opponents, which can catch them off guard and u get a free Up B).

I hate how they added him falling on his head at the end of the move, and the fact that he falls so slowly afterwards. He's much harder to kill due to auto sweetspotting, and because his recovery is much better (mainly due to his Down B) he can edge guard a lot better. In ssbm, Luigi was an overall poorly constructed character who had "gimp me" written all over him. The frames where he pulls his head out of the walls when u missile into it too closely is absolutely hilarious and adds to Luigi's fun personality.

The green missile in itself isn't that bad, but the misfire sucks by comparison. Why they messed with it i'll never know. Calling Luigi the Dan of smash bros. is a ridiculous insult haha Dan is a useless character, and Luigi is far from that. His aerials were nerfed overall, except for his Nair and Bair. His Diar is harder to spike with and doesn't kill for a long time. His Fair used to b so much fun to kill with, but those days are basically over. His smashes are still awesome, he combos incredibly well and has good spot dodges/rolls.

He's an improvement overall, and will be a potential threat in the tournament scene.

Stimpy

Smash Apprentice
This luigi is much better than the melee one, and possibly the best one yet. His appearence is a bit weird, and his voice is a bit ********, but those are minor things. Brawl is quite floaty, so by comparison he's pretty fast. His Up B is incredibly useful (like it was in SSB) and kills at relatively low %'s (85% +). His Up B, like the other 2 versions of him, can be setup by Nairs, jab, 2 jabs, but now they added Dtilt (Dtilt trips opponents, which can catch them off guard and u get a free Up B).

I hate how they added him falling on his head at the end of the move, and the fact that he falls so slowly afterwards. He's much harder to kill due to auto sweetspotting, and because his recovery is much better (mainly due to his Down B) he can edge guard a lot better. In ssbm, Luigi was an overall poorly constructed character who had "gimp me" written all over him. The frames where he pulls his head out of the walls when u missile into it too closely is absolutely hilarious and adds to Luigi's fun personality.

The green missile in itself isn't that bad, but the misfire sucks by comparison. Why they messed with it i'll never know. Calling Luigi the Dan of smash bros. is a ridiculous insult haha Dan is a useless character, and Luigi is far from that. His aerials were nerfed overall, except for his Nair and Bair. His Diar is harder to spike with and doesn't kill for a long time. His Fair used to b so much fun to kill with, but those days are basically over. His smashes are still awesome, he combos incredibly well and has good spot dodges/rolls.

He's an improvement overall, and will be a potential threat in the tournament scene.

Agreed. QFT.

Eten

Smash Ace
Up-B kills much lower than 85%. His up-B kills Mario off the top on final destination(not a low ceiling course) w/ no DI at 50%.

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
Calling Luigi the Dan of smash bros. is a ridiculous insult haha Dan is a useless character, and Luigi is far from that.
Shows what you know about Dan...from certain games anyway.

I'll agree he's useless in Alpha 2, but the other games he's in, he's not exactly the worst character in the game or anything.

And, in some, (Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter) he's a beast of a monster, and a force to be reckoned with.
I meant it in a compliment, being the Dan of Smash Bros. is an honor.

People who think I'm throwing a tantrum are pretty sad.

He's just uglier and has a worse voice. It's not our fault Nintendo did that, don't put the blame on us.

Whut

Smash Cadet
What I don't understand is the unnecessary bashing against his appearance and voice.
Honestly, if you can't grasp the play style of a character OR just refuse to play he or she just because he or she has qualitative properties you find disturbing, then just move on. Seriously.

If his missile's been nerfed and some other moves, then people can find ways to adapt.( However, to my understanding it seems many things have been improved from Melee) If they can't, then simply choose a different character you'd like to play. Simply, it's unfortunate that some people don't like the new Luigi, but if you can't adapt, perhaps you could play as someone else.

edit: bolded a word. ~~'

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
...what I don't understand is how you guys think his appearance and voice are connected to his play style???

I can adapt to any fighters play style, I always main who I think is the coolest character.

I'm maining Luigi in Brawl...

But his appearance and voice are appalling.
I have to make up a story, to explain why Luigi became that ugly.

And it goes something like Mario was jealous of his brothers better looks, and how all the princesses would swoon to his voice, and how he could sing better etc. etc.
So Mario paid Marth, Sheik, and Fox to triple team gang bang him, and they kidnapped him, gave his plastic surgery, stretched out his skull, removed his tonsils, and tried to remove his voice box entirely, but they failed, and Luigi is now angry, and ready for revenge.

Be afraid.

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
Hmmm Luigi's voice sounds more like it does in the Mario series (well I didnt play Sunshine, so I'm not sure about that one...) And it sounds more like what it did in Mario Kart (64, at least) So I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with his voice... it sounds to me that after three games of Smash Bros... they finally gave Luigi his actual voice.

I didnt play Melee either (didnt play any Gamecube Games) so I'm not sure what's different about the Green Missile... it misfires still.... I've KOed many people with it. Unless in Melee.

Also, I don't see whats wrong with his look either... he's always been more of an elongated version of Mario ever since they went to 3D and even before when they were in cartoons and anime.

Anyways.. I dont have a problem with Luigi in Brawl except I'm having sort of a difficult time learning how to play as him than I thought... but I'm getting better each day.

_Green_

Smash Rookie
Wait? People actually prefer Melee Luigi's appearance over Brawls?!
Melee Luigi looked liked crap. I couldn't stand looking at his creepy, cheesy, N64 Era, looking face. It even made his mustache seem all bushy and gross.
And his voice…OMFG. He sounded like mouse on crack or something. No man’s voice should be that high. Not even a ******.
I was so glad that the smash crew redid Luigi for Brawl. He looks like what he SHOULD (sharp receding Italian man look) from his classicartwork/recent look. Not too mention he actually has his original voice in the game ( unlike Melee’s Mario Ripoff.

Top Bottom