• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are f-smashes overpowered this patch?

Are f-smashes op?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • No.

Votes: 106 94.6%

• Total voters

MARTH_IS_BAE

Smash Cadet
We are talking about Marth's Fsmash here, right? Because I really don't see it in that case.
Okay well Marth isn't poorly designed, I don't actually mean that.
But played at the utmost competitive level where Marth is just landing tipper fsmashes everywhere and killing people at 40%, it shows a degree of unbalance. It isn't fair when people like Sheik hit Marth a million times and then he just throws fsmash and they die.
I say this from experience, and the fact that I feel sorry for people I play against (not to sound arrogant--it's not me, it's just a poorly designed move with huge reward).
Like yeah, he loses at low level play, but high level play...
I could see a nerf to this move if I were being totally honest.

Last edited:

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
Marty's fsmash is way way way too strong in this game. Totally horribly designed character and kind of unbalances the character if we are being honest.
I never played Marth offline. Online I seem to get hit by them a lot LOL!

Is it THAT bad? It just seems tricky, but avoidable, really.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
it's just a poorly designed move
It's a move that can't kill unless it's tippered, and that tipper is a really small part of the sword. You can't really combo into it, either, with the closest thing being jab --> fsmash.
Like yeah, he loses at low level play, but high level play...
LOL Marth doesn't exist at high levels of play. What are you talking about? And since they definitely aren't getting especially unbalanced results, I don't see this move as being broken. It's a f10 move doing 18%, yes, but are we calling Thoron broken because it does 18% and is a huge projectile? No.

MARTH_IS_BAE

Smash Cadet
It's a move that can't kill unless it's tippered, and that tipper is a really small part of the sword. You can't really combo into it, either, with the closest thing being jab --> fsmash.

LOL Marth doesn't exist at high levels of play. What are you talking about? And since they definitely aren't getting especially unbalanced results, I don't see this move as being broken. It's a f10 move doing 18%, yes, but are we calling Thoron broken because it does 18% and is a huge projectile? No.
A good Marth lands tipper fsmashes like all the time. It's like Texas Tipper Fsmash Massacre. It's a f10 move that kills at 40%, as opposed to Thoron, a chargeable move that kills at 150% lawl. If he isn't competitive it's because he's underrepresented or the people who play as him suck.

Last edited:

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
there are like 7 F-Smashes that aren't pretty much useless without great reads

1337Kai

Smash Cadet
NNID
1337Kai
I'm an Ike player, and his f smash is one the most unsafe f smashes our there. Even with the huge amount of shield stun it has, it is far from being safe on block. I WISH Ike's f smash was safe to use. #MakeIke'sFSmashFrame1

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
I voted yes, but i dont think overpowered is the right word... f smashes can break shields with relative ease and thats what cause me to think this way. Obviously characters like little mac and ryu can break sheilds with their insane shield stun... but i think its a little crazy :/

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Nope. Not at all. In this game, spamming F-smashes, or anything for that matter, will get you rekt. Like, 'my little brother going up against ZeRo and Nairo in a 2v1 match against him' rekt. Even though they're safer on shield, they're still super punishable.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I voted yes, but i dont think overpowered is the right word... f smashes can break shields with relative ease and thats what cause me to think this way. Obviously characters like little mac and ryu can break sheilds with their insane shield stun... but i think its a little crazy :/
I think shield-breaks are great. They only break "with relative ease" relative to past Smash games. Shield-breaks are virtually non-existent in past titles, but now, you have to actually use your shield with care rather than sit in safety for a long time.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
I think shield-breaks are great. They only break "with relative ease" relative to past Smash games. Shield-breaks are virtually non-existent in past titles, but now, you have to actually use your shield with care rather than sit in safety for a long time.
but i dont think you can call them "great" when sheild breaker gets nerfed...

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Short answer:

No

Long answer:

I don't actually need to explain anything, it's just common sense.

No

...That was shorter than expected

Top Bottom